Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why the fuck would anyone want ogres? That'd be an awful race, I highly doubt you'd see anyone playing them beyond the starting zone experience out of curiosity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Why the fuck would anyone want ogres? That'd be an awful race, I highly doubt you'd see anyone playing them beyond the starting zone experience out of curiosity.
    I would race change my Mage into one and would love to use him forever.
    So yeah...

And I know what I want for my Ogre so it's a win, win.
    Don't know what I want for a another new race, but I would love to have Ogres to be added.
    For the Horde!

Vrykul Shamans are a thing (read Enhance leg bracers as an example).

They need to have Shamans. There aren't any decent Alliance Shaman races in terms of looks.
    Look at your racial leader, now look at Magni, now back at him, sadly, he isn't Magni.

The Bronze Beard King is now diamonds!

People wont play Ogres you say? Just make the females amazonian snu-snu warriors and everyone who isn't a blood elf would play them

Lets be honest here, Anyone who is currently playing a Blood-Elf is never going to play anything else, They choose the pretty race in the savage mud-hut faction, Their lust for vanity is unshakeable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Speak for yourself.

Theres no real arguments against Ogres that don't stem from "ewww!"

Too big.
    False. There are Ogres that aren't even as big as Tauren. And if doors are such a worrying concern well, just be generous with their hitboxes? Or "gasp!" make some bigger doors.
    Too stupid!
    Since when has that ever mattered? It's also a blanket generalization, like saying all Orcs are barbarian warriors.
    No women!
    See: Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Pandaren etc before WoW.
    But they're fat and gross xP
    Oh grow up or go sit in Goldshire if it upsets you that much.

Ogres have been part of the Hordes DNA since Warcraft 2. They belong right next to Orcs and Trolls as far as the classic Horde goes. The Stonemaul clan is still in the Horde today (hey maybe they can even give Rexxar and Dustwallow Marsh something to do, that'd be nice.) By all rights they probably should have been in even before Undead.

Ogres have a wide variety of canon classes. Warriors (duh), Mages, Warlocks, Shamans, Hunters, Priests. Even Death Knights considering they'd logically be around during Wrath. Far more logically than Worgen DKs too.

Or I guess we could just go back to scraping the bottom of the barrel. How bout Kobolds? Gnolls? Oooh Ethereals! I like the way they glow! Quick, what other vacuous level 60 zone npc can we scrounge up for a playable race? Maybe with enough bending we can shoehorn two legged Naga in alongside playable Grummles.

I'd also add that the people assuming the playerbase would reject them and cling to their barbie dolls would be very surprised to see what hype can do. Baller new models and the push of blizz hype would have even the most vane sissy drooling. (Especially if they go bearmode with them, strongfat)
    Last edited by mmoccc5c8b45e2; 2016-09-19 at 04:57 AM.

The gnomes would get stepped on.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

OP let me guess, you play alliance, since you're giving them the good race and giving shitty ogres to horde.

How about giving us something completely new instead of 2 races that because of there size can never be playable unless blizz goes back and redesigns doors to be much larger to avoid clipping issues.

Sorry but i want something completely new race wise and not rehash for the sake of rehash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wrv451nlp View Post
    People wont play Ogres you say? Just make the females amazonian snu-snu warriors and everyone who isn't a blood elf would play them

Lets be honest here, Anyone who is currently playing a Blood-Elf is never going to play anything else, They choose the pretty race in the savage mud-hut faction, Their lust for vanity is unshakeable.
    I have my main races to play in Wow;

Pandaren Male
    Pandaren Female
    Blood Elf Female
    Orc Male
    Goblin Female
    Ogre Male (Make this so!)
    Blood Elf Male
    Troll Female
    Tauren Male
    Undead Male

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    The gnomes would get stepped on.
    Ogre Player; Oh oopsss...
    Gnome; *Dead...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    OP let me guess, you play alliance, since you're giving them the good race and giving shitty ogres to horde.
    I wouldn't say Ogres are a shitty race.
    True they do need to work a lot for their own animations and such, but they kinda do have their own race, and become a great race to play.
    Vrykul are just large Humans and nothing more, but Ogres are a race I have been wanting forever.
    No joke...I would seriously get my twenty five bucks just to race change my Mage in WoW to a Ogre and I got pretty much what I want to customize it.
    For the Horde!

Alliance does not need more humans.

Deleted
    I doubt we will get anymore "faction" races. There is really enough of them to fit per faction and I think the next races we will see will be nautral races like Pandarens. When it would be Vrykul, Naga (or more humanoid subrace of Naga undiscovered yet). It would take much less development time and money.

A would never see playable Ogres. We already have a massive (Tauren), brutal (Orcs), fat (Pandaren) and a bit silly (Goblin) archetypes on horde.

If Vrykul would be playable, I wish they could be shamans and instaroll to Vrykul Shaman Lack of long epic beards for Draenei hurts. It would be possible due to tribal fantasy and "lightning" theme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    because of there size can never be playable
    Wrong.

Wonder if you guys will ever get tired of shoveling out the same refuted nonarguments over and over and over again~

Im a horde supremacist and im for this. I like vrykul more than ogres, but they are human ancestors, they belong with the humans not the orcs, and Ogres are already part of the horde.

Deleted
    You know what was shitty, that they put Forsaken and Blood Elfs in the Horde faction what totally made no sense over Ogres and Forest Trolls.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-09-19 at 09:07 AM.

Deleted
    As i said multiple time i am a die-hard old school horde fan. Ogres are right there. I want them.

Speak for yourself. I have two blood elf characters. I also have two worgen, two tauren, a goblin, a gnome, a dwarf, a troll, a night elf, a human, and a pandaren (which I regret, because the character has never grown on me). Yeah, I have a lot of alts. Point being, people play races for a variety of reasons. You might be surprised by how many people would roll an Ogre character.

i'm all for new races, but i don't think Vrykul would fit the alliance. They are a barbarian version of the humans, they would probably side with the Horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    Horde: Ogres
    Alliance: Nightborne
    Neutral: Vrykul.

This is what I would like to see.

The only way to break them away from BE is a sexy Horde race, and female Vrykul could fit that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    You know what was shitty, that they put Forsaken and Blood Elfs in the Horde faction what totally made no sense over Ogres and Forest Trolls.
    They put blood elves in the horde for balancing the factions. In vanilla the alliance was like 70% of all players and Horde was 30%. This was a huge problem, so Blizzard needed a Guinea Pig race on the Horde that appeals to the insecure players who need to look sexy in a pixelated world. So they made the sexiest race in the game on the Horde, and gave them the most popular class at the time - Paladin. The other popular class being hunter which they also have (and night ELF hunter was by far the most popular combo).

I was just talking to my friend about this the other day. I'm always using the Vrykul toy because they look amazing and I would love to see them as a playable race. I especially love the female hunter types with the hoods and short cloaks. They look great. I would love to see the Alliance get a giant race as you could argue that Tauren are a kind of "giant" race for the Horde.

As for classes I would say Warrior, Death Knight, Warlock, Priest, Hunter and MAYBE a Monk as I don't really see them working as anything else.

And yes Ogres are long overdue!

Also, I still love the idea that gets batted around occasionally of different variations for the current races. I would love to play as a Nightborne they look amazing. Have it as a sub option for a Night Elf rather than it's own race.
    Last edited by Ritushido; 2016-09-19 at 12:18 PM.