Huge FPS issues when running 2 clients

Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to run two WoW clients at the same time on the same PC, however whenever I do so I get massive FPS issues, game freezes, crashes etc.

I run them both in windowed mode, one on each monitor. Iv'e tried both on the lowest graphic settings - same issues. Iv'e tried running two copies of the game on two separate drives as well.

My hardware setup ( windows 10 64bit ):

2 x 1080p 60hz monitors
    SSD
    GTX 980
    i7 4790k
    8GB DDR3 ram

As far as I understand, I should be able to run two clients without any issues, considering iv'e seen it on some other PC's with much lower specs.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks,

Have you tried fullscreen? Ive never tried two wow clients but i know i tried running swtor and wow at the same time and changing to fullscreen helped with a lot of the stutter.

Deleted
    Is 8GB ram enough to run 2 clients?

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    Is 8GB ram enough to run 2 clients?
    Ya it is, i think i was around 6.5 when i tried swtor and wow and had a few chrome tabs open.

Deleted
    I don't have wow but if you run legion how much ram is used by legion only? Let's say in city.

8GB is fine for 2 WoWs, at (10) settings i'm sitting at around 2-3GB. However I'd try playing with your settings and lowering your maximum FPS in the advanced settings (or adding it if it's disabled).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielWard View Post
    my wow crashes when i change to v-sync on with windowed fullscreen mode. there is something wrong with the clients itself. try going windowed fullscreen and changing ingame the option to show 1 client on monitor 1 and the other client on monitor 2. your hardware is capable of ultra settings on both..

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the input. Running both on windowed fullscreen seems to work, I can then switch them to windowed once loaded, weird.

This seems to solve my issues, all running perfectly now ( both on ultra ).