Deleted

Is It Worth Holding On Artifact Power Items Till Max Research Rate?

Just curious. Let's say I never used any power ups on an alt, and just leveled it to 110, doing researches, and then when I am maxed out, I spend all the AP I get from treasures/world quests/Suramar/5 man/etc.. in one go after the max research.

Personally, I won't find this fun because I like to progress my characters gradually, but I AM curious.

Opinions are very appreciated.

A quick copy-paste from the Artifact guide on Wowhead:

Artifact Knowledge WILL NOT boost the Artifact Power granted by any items in your inventory that were obtained BEFORE you reached a certain Artifact Knowledge level.

For the above reasons, it is not worthwhile to stockpile Artifact Power items, hoping to use them after you level Artifact Knowledge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalehan View Post
    A quick copy-paste from the Artifact guide on Wowhead:

Artifact Knowledge WILL NOT boost the Artifact Power granted by any items in your inventory that were obtained BEFORE you reached a certain Artifact Knowledge level.

For the above reasons, it is not worthwhile to stockpile Artifact Power items, hoping to use them after you level Artifact Knowledge.
    This is perfect. Thank you.

Can anyone confirm if this is still the case? A friend of mine said that he is gaining the bonus from pre existing items. Is he mistaken?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post

Can anyone confirm if this is still the case? A friend of mine said that he is gaining the bonus from pre existing items. Is he mistaken?
    The WowHead source is accurate. I had stored all the items from world quests for a couple days before my first research went through and none of them changed value after learning the scroll thing.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterilize View Post
    The WowHead source is accurate. I had stored all the items from world quests for a couple days before my first research went through and none of them changed value after learning the scroll thing.
    Ok then, my friend is mistaken. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post

He is.

/10.

Deleted
    Your friend might be going out and obtaining one-time AP items from treasures and rares after he's got artifact knowledge. Doing it this way will work with the % increases from artifact knowledge, since you don't obtain the items that give artifact power until after you have gained artifact knowledge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Your friend might be going out and obtaining one-time AP items from treasures and rares after he's got artifact knowledge. Doing it this way will work with the % increases from artifact knowledge, since you don't obtain the items that give artifact power until after you have gained artifact knowledge.
    Yes, that would work, but he literally said that he stacked them beforehand.

This is definitely still the case and has been for quite a while.

There was a bug found on beta where you could deposit the items into Void Storage and remove them and they would update with your artifact knowledge, but this was fixed before it ever made it to live servers. There's zero benefit to holding onto items for later.

HOWEVER: If you are close to finishing an artifact research and have a quest with a hefty reward (something like the 1k+ AP items from Suramar rep you find occasionally from the main quest chains) it may be worth delaying that quest by a few hours (or even a day) to get the 250+ AP bump from waiting for that research to finish.

Deleted
    Thanks all. Another question please.

Let's suppose that I just didn't collect any AP items AT ALL. And then, collect them all from treasures, etc.. and spent them all at the same time after I gain the final knowledge level.

How much faster would my Artifact be completed? I mean, I know I have wasted enough time already WAITING, but what is the % rate for the final level of artifact knowledge?

- - - Updated - - -

Appreciate any info on the above post, heroes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not faster. Because you won't get the final knowledge level for months. Depending how active/dedicated playing you are to the game, you'll certainly be near or already completed an artifact, if not just make all three viable and + some (14 and higher level).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Not faster. Because you won't get the final knowledge level for months. Depending how active/dedicated playing you are to the game, you'll certainly be near or already completed an artifact, if not just make all three viable and + some (14 and higher level).
    Thank you very much.