Quote Originally Posted by enterthemind View Post
    Does sheilun have any secret ability like WW falling slam or truthguard glowing near demons?
    I have heard someone say that when they heal they occasionally hear a bell, so they are assuming that it comes from the Sheilun staff. I have personally never noticed anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleman View Post
    yo guys, i'm going to be running MW as my offspec for legion for altraids and suchlike. currently most of what i've seen seems to say that neither fistweaving (with SotC and RT) nor mistweaving is particularly much stronger, but i'd prefer to hear it said straight away rather than wishy washy. also i'm really not a fan of mana tea as a talent, so even if its a slight HPS loss, is it still viable to use the other t100 talents? - approximate pawn stat weights for fistweaving would be appreciated if they exist

also one last question. is it worth macro-ing TFT into other spells, so as to never miss a proc to rsk by accident? - maybe into RSK so it always casts with the reset, if it works like that
    Yes all the 100 talents are viable play what you feel more comfortable playing with, the stat weights for FW are the same as MW if you have no mana issues then Haste>Vers>Crit>Mastery, but if you are below mana cap Haste moves down to last.
    If you are playing RT then you are usually spending TFT on ReM so you could just macro it to ReM if you really want as you should be using it on CD anyway.
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

so some talk of our future playstyles were happening on total's healing discord. would like to know what the greater community thinks.

- we ignore 4pc t19 and focus entirely on 2pc t19
    - we aim for Leggings of the Black Flame and Ovyd's Winter Wrap
    - gear haste > vers > crit > mastery (high emphasis on haste/vers or haste/crit where possible)
    - talent lifecycles / chi-ji / rising thunder
    - fistweave with ReM on CD, TFT (and all resets) going into Vivify) with enveloping mist thrown in between to spread the healing increase from Ovyd's Winter Wrap

thoughts? personally i think it's a very powerful playstyle (likely yielding the highest possible hps we could hope to achieve).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    so some talk of our future playstyles were happening on total's healing discord. would like to know what the greater community thinks.

- gear haste > vers > crit > mastery (high emphasis on haste/vers or haste/crit where possible)
    - fistweave with ReM on CD, TFT (and all resets) going into Vivify) with enveloping mist thrown in between to spread the healing increase from Ovyd's Winter Wrap

thoughts? personally i think it's a very powerful playstyle (likely yielding the highest possible hps we could hope to achieve).
    - T19 bonus

Monk T19 Mistweaver 2P Bonus - Renewing Mist has a 2% increased chance to increase the healing of your next Vivify.
    Monk T19 Mistweaver 4P Bonus - Vivify heals your primary target for 50% more.

I think we can't ignore the 4pc bonus specially if we are the "tank healer". Or mostly important, the elevated number of melees that we will have to heal in raids (melee usually receive more dmg, you know). The 2pc bonus if i dont missunderstanding anything is meh, maybe it can stack? that would be awesome

- Legendary
    I love the fistweaving playstile so personally i aiming the Leggins, if i could choose, i'll pick Petrichor Lagniappe too. It's a "safe bet" the cooldown reduction of Revival, while Ovyd's Winter Wrap forces you to overheal and when the entire raid is receiving dmg it bonus does nothing.

- Gear
    Im trying to go Crit>Vers > Haste > Mastery. I got right now 21% crit, 16% haste and 2%vers, and i dont feel i need more haste. Between crit or vers i choose crit. Specially with high levels. I dont think we could reach 10/15% vers (very few gear with vers afaik)

- Talents
    I doubt between lifecycles or mistwrap. 10% of healing bonus is pretty high. If i go oom in raids maybe i'll switch to lifecycles. (What about SotC? it is worth in some cases?)

Chi-ji always. I have no doubt here. 45 seg of free healing (a lot btw) allowing you to fistweaving or do whatever you want. In movement phases is a powerful help. Only in extremly hard fights with high peaks of dmg i switch to RJW, and only if the entire raid is staying together.

Rising thunder always, i love to have an excuse to fistweave :P

- Fistweave with ReM on CD, TFT (and all resets) going into ReM, not Vivify. ReM is our most wise spell, so the more, the better.

All of this are my humble thoughts.

Deleted

I think it will be very fight dependent, i would imagine that 4pc with RJW will become insane for some fights.
    Also, wouldn't it make more sense to go with Mist Wrap when having Ovyd's and then gear for more Vers or crit?

what is the discord's link plz ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheohao View Post

- Gear
    Im trying to go Crit>Vers > Haste > Mastery. I got right now 21% crit, 16% haste and 2%vers, and i dont feel i need more haste. Between crit or vers i choose crit. Specially with high levels. I dont think we could reach 10/15% vers (very few gear with vers afaik)
    I'd say you're gearing wrong because Vers > Crit. You can easily get 10/15% vers pre-raid gear. I currently have 12.87% Vers, 19.61% crit, and 9.55% haste, I still have over 3.8k Mastery to be converted into other stats so hitting 10/15% vers is really easy. There is lots of Vers/ Crit gear in dungeons

The one thing I do not like about fistweaving is the positional requirements. That is a huge drawback in some fights even if it looks good on paper

Deleted

Can't log in to discord right now but i see this spreading very fast around.

I don't see how this can work out as an optimal gameplay since to get benefits of Ovyd's you basically want to overheal with EnvM, it is 6% mana for 990% going to pure overheal and spreading a +30% healing amp in a medium range (20yds). To get positive value out of that play you need a ton of amped rem ticks in the 6sec of envm (47,14 to be more precise) You can use some vivifies too as each vivifies on 3 amped targets is 247%sp bonus (but each cost 4.5% so still hpm negative).

Problem is : You can't select vivify cleave targets so you can't have 100% amped healing on each bounce
    Extremely costly in mana.
    Range on ovyd's is 20yds and you need a target at full hp else it won't spread
    If there is a burst damage incoming and going to aoe heal ovyd's won't spread at all.

Ovyd's is a nice legendary especially since the nerf of the other ones, but playing specifically around it isnt gonna work out, it is fun and morelikely viable but i can't see this build being the best one in raid progressing.

I didn't mention that the chance of getting a legendary and especially ovyd is terribly low, this not a generic "go-to" build (Saying that because some people seem to already think of it at this) but it may have fights were it can shines I guess.

EDIT : I used the values of spell without haste, but EnvM gain heal per cast with haste so it makes it even "harder" to get a better value through ovyd's amp.
    Last edited by mmoc386f8cbcd4; 2016-09-19 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    The one thing I do not like about fistweaving is the positional requirements. That is a huge drawback in some fights even if it looks good on paper
    But that is just one of the things that makes it harder to play, separating the best from the worst. If everything was as easy as scratching your own butt, how fun would it be to play? To me it seems that all healers have some abilities or mechanics that actually makes you think of your positioning and/or which spells to cast in which order in a given situation.
    Instead of seeing this as a limitation, then see it as a challenge, where you, because you might be better than others, can differentiate yourself to the scrubs who is also out there.

And maybe you are right, fistweaving might be a drawback in some fights, but mistweaving is still a thing, so you can individually choose to take the drawback and try anyway, or switch to something that might fit the fight better. We actually have that choice now, that is kinda nice, don't you think?

> enter raid
    > press essence font
    > top healing (and don't go OOM any quicker than other healers!)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1958&wipes=1

(from wipe 4 onwards)

I wouldn't mind if RT would also work with CJL, but for a full channel, so basically the advantage of RSK would be the instant cast.

I didn't do any raid testing this time around, but there are most likely situations due to movement of boss not being attackable that it's not going to be efficient. It's not really fun if you have to run everywhere looking for adds (ex: Garrosh last phase) to hit when you're moving to dodge crap and you can't use your talent.

Granted for those fights, FT or MT are probably going to be better.

But the dps is fine, personally when I am learning the fights I prefer to stay at range, and once parts of the fight are mastered move to melee, especially with the CAM now, I prefer to see the whole place.. which is kind of hard when the boss is too big lol.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I wouldn't mind if RT would also work with CJL, but for a full channel, so basically the advantage of RSK would be the instant cast.

I didn't do any raid testing this time around, but there are most likely situations due to movement of boss not being attackable that it's not going to be efficient. It's not really fun if you have to run everywhere looking for adds (ex: Garrosh last phase) to hit when you're moving to dodge crap and you can't use your talent.

Granted for those fights, FT or MT are probably going to be better.

But the dps is fine, personally when I am learning the fights I prefer to stay at range, and once parts of the fight are mastered move to melee, especially with the CAM now, I prefer to see the whole place.. which is kind of hard when the boss is too big lol.
    CJL just needs to die

that or honestly it needs to just do something because it's so boring watching a 4 second channel lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I have heard someone say that when they heal they occasionally hear a bell, so they are assuming that it comes from the Sheilun staff. I have personally never noticed anything like that.
    When you heal someone besides yourself with Sheilun they get the old buff visual/sound from our Legacy of the Emperor buff. So that's where that stems from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarimonk View Post
    But that is just one of the things that makes it harder to play, separating the best from the worst. If everything was as easy as scratching your own butt, how fun would it be to play?
    Oh I am not saying whether its easier or harder to play. The problem I have with Fistweaving is that melee has to typically move a lot more than ranged. This is the reason of course that Blizzard has given melee essentially all instant cast abilities and why range have cast timers. Fistweaving monks have the worst of both worlds. They need to stay in melee at least to RSK but they generally have the cast timers of ranged classes. How much time must Fistweavers lose moving around? If Monks had instant heals, then I think that Fistweaving would be awesome.

CJL just needs to die

that or honestly it needs to just do something because it's so boring watching a 4 second channel lol
    That's a spell that never really found it's niche, it's pretty much our ranged pull ability, the rest isn't worth talking about.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Oh I am not saying whether its easier or harder to play. The problem I have with Fistweaving is that melee has to typically move a lot more than ranged. This is the reason of course that Blizzard has given melee essentially all instant cast abilities and why range have cast timers. Fistweaving monks have the worst of both worlds. They need to stay in melee at least to RSK but they generally have the cast timers of ranged classes. How much time must Fistweavers lose moving around? If Monks had instant heals, then I think that Fistweaving would be awesome.
    But mostly you do cast instant heals, and besides, monks are the most mobile of all i feel, you just roll roll and win. And i think in reality we will be using TFT EnvM more than we think, since it is so good for reacting to someones fail or other stuff. So, how much will you actually be casting if you've chosen RT?

Deleted
    > enter raid
    > press essence font

(from wipe 4 onwards)
    What sort of percentage was the boss in wipe 6? Fairly sick healing from font :O

Deleted
    WHat trinkets are we looking at?

> enter raid
    > press essence font

(from wipe 4 onwards)
    Logically speaking, (and not counting RJW and assuming there is enough Raid damage), ReM and EF are our most mana efficient heals. So if in a fight you use nothing else except ReM and EF and at the end of the fight you are out of mana, you will be very close to the maximum healing you could ever have done with that mana. Right?