Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    I really love the WoW community. The 2nd week of the expansion the people "ahead of the curve" roflstomped trough mythics with ~810 ilvl gear, nobody cared about ilvl. The only requirement you'd find was "have a brain". Now the masses are eligible to do the myhics and you see just absurd requirements. And then it's the "elitists fault".

/lol
    Good point. It's those who think they are better than they clearly are =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Because they want to get to 830+ ilvl gear and cant because such requirements. Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    This seriously isn't true anymore. You can get 830 gear quite easily just doing world quests.
    And you can get 830 gear easily doing just dungeons, there not mutually exclusive lol

its the old gearscore elitism all over again, need higher ilvl than the dungeon drops ...

The idea of the dungeons is to level up your gear, alongside world quests progression does not go world quests then heroics they go in parallel.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Requiring an ilvl equivalent to the drops is both common and asinine. If a dungeon drops 840, requiring 840 is bullshit and mostly works to maintaining a breakfast club of elitists. I understand wanting 830+ for Mythic, I really do, but 840 is just stupid.

This problem is not new in the slightest. I've seen 550+ requirements for SoO, 670+ for Highmaul Heroic, and even 710+ for Heroic Hellfire Citadel runs. I'm not going to expect you have a bunch of gear from the place you want to desperately PUG because if you did you wouldn't want to join my group probably.
    its no asisnine its the laws of supply and demand - i had the best experience of it in SoO while farmign garosh looms - when i put 585+ req i had those people instantly signing in - when i put lower it took ages to fill the group - same now - people put 840 req because they know there is shitloads of 840 people out there - its your own fault if your gear is lower - jsut yesterday i had !!! 4 x 840+ (differet) pvp missions aviable from WQ + 835 relic - its people's own fault they slack on gearing up

pls for the love of god stop expecting to be able to jump into mythic dungeons straigth after dinging 110 if its not your guild's run.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it means they have to actually put in work or make their own group, lazy people get angry fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I mean... why are people who just came back to the game mid expansion angry they cant just come in and raid? Oh, because you need a participation trophy from a long ass grind to even contribute to a raid's performance by the pug community's standards.

item level inflation has ruined pugging in this game by turning player gear level into an additional difficulty option. gear just carries people so hard lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    1% extra stats isn't going to do much
    sry but i call bull.

1% is going to do much if you are going to run 20-30 random hc's that day just for try to get legendary before upcoming raid.

now i don't care who does it or who doesn't people have different playstyles and they can do what the fk they want it.

some people have 845+ itemreq rooms (we do so too) its for mass pull and be done with hc's in no time

but i still think its pathetic if people whine about it.

i hit 110 sunday last week, today im 8 days in and im ilvl 848 with 0 Boe's

gearing isn't hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Because it means they have to actually put in work or make their own group, lazy people get angry fast.
    Bit of a daft statement lol given these so called lazy people want join groups and do the work but are prevented from doing so by silly gearing requirements lol
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Bit of a daft statement lol given these so called lazy people want join groups and do the work but are prevented from doing so by silly gearing requirements lol
    they can join groups though - there is abundance of 830 groups in group finder to choose from - or they can make their own group - why the hell do you want to join farm groups when its clearly progress for you - unless you are looking for a carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad, it's because people just want fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed. There's no reason to invite lower as it just makes stuff take longer to kill or give unessecary ( can't spell that word) risks.
    So why do some people in /2 get so mad when you mention your ilvl requirements?
    Because maybe 8 out 10 people asking for 840+ are trash that want the get carried?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    she was not able do to any decent damage

Gearscore means nothing.
    Internet reasoning ftw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Because maybe 8 out 10 people asking for 840+ are trash that want the get carried?
    Mostly people asking 840+ while they are fairly even 830*

Then again if you have close to pre-raid BiS, and want to farm dungeons fast for WF/TF procs, why not take equally geared guys? You dont have to boost some 810il guy just because his ilvl is more than enought for mythics..

Also one thing to consider. If you build a group as a tank/healer, you basicly get more dps on que than you need. You would be stupid to not take those 840+ instead of the guys with fairly hc gear. The more dps and less tanks and heals, the more you get to chooce what kind of dps you pick to your group. I didnt have any problem joining to Mdg pugs at around 820 on my Vdh.

I can only speak for myself, but I have ilvl 852 now and the tank and healer in my group are 848. I usually set the kohl requirement to 840 as we're only really interested in WFed at this point, and don't really want to carry random people. (That said, we do carry guildies frequently).

What pisses me off are people setting the ilvl req to something like 832 because that's their own ilvl and then demand 845+ to actually invite others.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    It's because of that thing you did that one time. We know. (source)

Deleted
    The thing is the vast majority of mythic groups always ask for absurd ilvl requirements while some of them don't even meet those requirements.

Its a pure form of PL and god knows WoW players love that, whatever their gear level

- - - Updated - - -

And many wow players are just so bad they need to be carried by gear 20 ilvl above normal requirements otherwise they wipe

Deleted
    I think there is a need for some information on the enlisted groups item level. Just recently had a group looking for a tank 840+ while the group itself was around 820. Wouldn't have joined if i've known that before, and I instantly left after I checked their gear.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    The thing is the vast majority of mythic groups always ask for absurd ilvl requirements while some of them don't even meet those requirements.
    there is very simple solution - if you have half of brain and see group demanding 845 but without any itlvel requirment set ignore such group only join those which set that itlv.

the rule i follow when making a group is always settign it 5 itlv below my own gear - which i find fair as most are a bit behind - but i dont see any reason to set it lower - if people want to progress dont join farm groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad, it's because people just want fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed. There's no reason to invite lower as it just makes stuff take longer to kill or give unessecary ( can't spell that word) risks.
    So why do some people in /2 get so mad when you mention your ilvl requirements?
    there are 2 kinds of people that ask for ilvl

1. is the one you mentioned above they are 830+ and list their group at 830 with the requirement tool set in the group finder using their ilvl as the threshold
    these players are able to perform and decent overall

the second however......

they set no ilvl requirement in the group finder page but ask for 830+ only

you may think they would rather just take the easy way out at set the reqwuirement so no scrubs apply but they dont and you ask why???

the answer is simple because they are not that geared and want a carry

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serzha View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I have ilvl 852 now and the tank and healer in my group are 848. I usually set the kohl requirement to 840 as we're only really interested in WFed at this point, and don't really want to carry random people. (That said, we do carry guildies frequently).

What pisses me off are people setting the ilvl req to something like 832 because that's their own ilvl and then demand 845+ to actually invite others.
    mmy ww is 847 and gets denied by groups that ask 830....

i hate those stupid stupid ppl but luckily being in a huge guild helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    mmy ww is 847 and gets denied by groups that ask 830....

i hate those stupid stupid ppl but luckily being in a huge guild helps
    And that is my main issue. Yesterday I spent 30 minutes joining groups for Arcway with 830+ in the title or requirement, but apperently 844 is lower than 830, because I coudln't join any of them. Not even my whispered achi from previous Arcways could persuade them that 844 is actually 14 more than 830...

saw an "mythic arcway 850+ only - fast run" group of 3 in the dungeon finder, i was "only" 843 ilvl so i joined another group, finished arcway. Saw the same group still waiting.

"fast"

My problem is when the ilevel is equal to exceeds the stuff that drops.

Why do you need an 845+ mythic group?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day