Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Why is daze mechanic still in the game?

My main is a tank, and I'm not affected by daze mechanic.

But my alt is a retri pala, and I've been doing withered army training scenario yesterday. Sometimes withered go bananas and suddenly aggro the whole room even when I'm careful, that's when shit hits the fan and I press "Mayhem!" and try to keep the mobs on me so my withered don't get hit.
    BUT, of course, one of those bastards have to shit his pants and start running in fear. I try to run to catch him but the fucking mob dazes me and I don't get to him in time. That happens way too many times, and the aggro mobs from 100 yards bug is another thing pissing me off.

I can't find one valid reason why daze mechanic is still in the game, or even been there from the beginning. I'm daze immune on my tank and still get raped if I aggro too many elites looking for something. DPS would get trashed way faster.
    So why the fuck is daze still in the game?

Daze annoys me as well. It would be nice if Blessing of Freedom did what it says it does, giving immunity to movement impairing effects including Daze.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I can't find one valid reason why daze mechanic is still in the game, or even been there from the beginning. I'm daze immune on my tank and still get raped if I aggro too many elites looking for something. DPS would get trashed way faster.
    So why the fuck is daze still in the game?
    You just gave yourself at least one reason why it's still in the game. It's there to make the world difficult to navigate and potentially dangerous. If you choose to run through a group of mobs instead of around them, you should potentially face issues. This is still an RPG after all.

Deleted
    Especially the near 100% daze chance is making me rage at times. Especially when I forgot to use the LW item to prevent daze -_-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    You just gave yourself at least one reason why it's still in the game. It's there to make the world difficult to navigate and potentially dangerous. If you choose to run through a group of mobs instead of around them, you should potentially face issues. This is still an RPG after all.
    So why is my tank being able to run through them unaffected?

Its just a redundant mechanic at this point.

It's more of an annoyance for WoW if anything now, I could totally get your point if this was Vanilla/Bc/WotLK. But the fact of the matter is that daze is just an annoyance now, if a mob aggros a few other mobs, no big deal. Now, again, if this was Vanilla/Bc/WotLK, well, you'd better run away :x

Because the defense stat used to affect if you got dazed, same way with the crush damage.

And being a tank probably maxes that now.

Deleted
    You're a tank. You are trained and geared to fend off attacks from world-destroying dragons, club swinging ettins and giant demonic beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    It's more of an annoyance for WoW if anything now, I could totally get your point if this was Vanilla/Bc/WotLK. But the fact of the matter is that daze is just an annoyance now, if a mob aggros a few other mobs, no big deal. Now, again, if this was Vanilla/Bc/WotLK, well, you'd better run away :x
    Clearly it's not the case for everyone though

Truth be told daze is there to be annoying. To make it to where you don't want to get hit in the back as a nontank. I mean death in a game is annoying as well at times. Should they just remove HP and make death impossible as well? While sure it's frustrating to have things like this happen it is also what I feel gives the sense of accomplishment to activities once they are over come.

You're a tank. You are trained and geared to fend off attacks from world-destroying dragons, club swinging ettins and giant demonic beings.

Clearly it's not the case for everyone though
    True, however, the chances of dying nowadays are extremely slim

Deleted
    Whenever a stupid mob makes me fall from my mount, I fucking unload all my burst CD on its face and spit on his corpse. Daze is just annoying and is not a challenge whatsoever, its just there to force you to kill mobs unless you have stealth

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but most of the time you just AOE and kill them very fast, its not dangerous at all, just a waste of time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Truth be told daze is there to be annoying. To make it to where you don't want to get hit in the back as a nontank. I mean death in a game is annoying as well at times. Should they just remove HP and make death impossible as well? While sure it's frustrating to have things like this happen it is also what I feel gives the sense of accomplishment to activities once they are over come.

I don't sense any accomplishment when I have to dismount and kill 3 stupid boars that cause no challenge

Except there is a LW item that you can get that eliminates daze while mounted.

My mains a mage. Yes of course its annoying and frustrating to get dazed...

... but Daze is one of those things that absolutely needs to be in the game, and this 'debate' is a good example of how players, often dont make good game designers.

Daze is there to make sure you're aware of where you are in the game world - and its a good thing to have a simple mechanic like that. You're not meant to mindlessly run through mobs and into dangerous places without having the risk you'll need to stop and fight.

Most players =/= good game designers.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2016-09-19 at 08:55 AM.

stonehide barding

/thread

legit they cost fuck all to make last for 2 hours and you cannot be dazed while using it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Are you saying it would be less annoying if the mobs actually killed you, if daze was a brick:wall rather than a minor bump?

Also there was no need to include WotLK in there, that's the expansion that made world content so easy.

It seems like it is a mechanic to get mobs to you when your character movement is out of sync. No reason for mobs to hit you with daze if you are out of melee range, but they still do

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Daze just like ress sickness is a relic of times long gone by and should be removed. At this point it seems to be here to prevent dps from doing too much kiting ? Maybe ? Or maybe blizz just like the fact that mobs you could just run by can force you to fight them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    My mains a mage. Yes of course its annoying and frustrating to get dazed...

... but Daze is one of those things that absolutely needs to be in the game, and this 'debate' is a good example of how players, often dont make good game designers.

Daze is there to make sure you're aware of where you are in the game world - and its a good thing to have a simple mechanic like that. You're not meant to mindlessly run through mobs and into dangerous places without having the risk you'll need to stop and fight.

Most players =/= good game designers.

again, when you are a mage you can just aggro the damn thing and use invisibility or nova. A hunter can aggro the whole of Azeroth and use feign death, a rogue can vanish.

So several classes can bypass this whole "design"

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    stonehide barding

/thread

legit they cost fuck all to make last for 2 hours and you cannot be dazed while using it.
    Yeah, all those times you're mounted inside the withered scenario. Read the thread next time.