Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Atm melee can cleave way too well considering they can easily DPS on the move, at least speaking from a mythic and mythic+ point of view.

Most of the ranged classes suck at AoE - Beside mages and Hunters.

This is a huge issue, I don't get why there's SUCH big a difference between classes. With the introduction of mythic+, Karazhan, why isn't the balance better in low scale PVE?

They are vastly superior in current content because it's mostly just zerg it down and AoE / cleave spam in an environment where they can either ignore or defensive though most of the mechanics if not just depend on the healer to keep them up though it. Eventually they will be in encounters where them getting hit by that cleave is nearly (or is) a one shot or scooping aggro on that incoming mob that got pulled from their angle kills them immediately. Also encounters where you do absolutely have to hard switch on targets and single target them down to prevent the wipe. Of course your most skilled players at this point will still be doing great because they can juggle doing what it takes to do outstanding damage while also dodging all these things / planning movement for target switches correctly, but is also where your gnome sequencer one key spam guys will collapse and start posting complaints about having to try at the game again.

Deleted
    What is the meaning of this? ranged classes have it very easy for most of WoW content, except current pvp.

And they are great at any PVE content, even dungeons where melee are supposed to have an advantage that is simply wrong if you go beyond normal/heroic dungeons

My understanding is that currently, we are easily outscaling heroic and myhic dungeons, which leads to packs dying very quickly, so classes with ramp up time can't compete with bursty classes (which are going to be nerfed, dhs and monks). In myhic+ ranged will be favored because they can avoid damage more easily.

I know there is a specific anti ranged mechanic, volcanic or something, but ranged players had to avoid shit their whole life, so they'll handle it. When mobs will deal more damage i'm pretty sure melees will sometimes have to get out of melee range or die, which will help average things.

In raids ranged DPS will have more time to ramp up and will be favored.

tl;dr : Wait to see in the current weeks how the new content will be handled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Doesn't 'speak' to anything really. LMAO.
    Whatever you say, boiola.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    I can't say much for their performance, but as a 10 year main this is the least fun Ive ever had playing an Ele shaman. AoE went from amazing feeling & DPS to clunky dogshit. Earthquake totem needs to die in a hole, bring back old EQ that I can pre-place. Or hell, go back to MoP chain lightning spam - anything would be better than this shit. And whats up with lightning bolt? This spell is so weak that it shouldn't even have a cast time. But the final nail in the coffin for me is Stormkeeper. Their artifact ability literally made me quit the spec and reroll a death knight.

Earthquake will no longer be tied to a totem with the next tuning, go read it.
    Chain lightning spam is pretty much here as well, don't know what you are whining about, the gameplay is very similar and the mastery is the same as MOP.

AOE as elemental is not bad, you scrubs are just whining because you don't go past faceroll heroic dungeons. Mythic+ and raids will not be "wah the mobs die in 2 seconds I can't ramp up wah wah". With enough time elemental shaman has great UTILITY AOE, its not all about brainless damage you scrubs

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    My understanding is that currently, we are easily outscaling heroic and myhic dungeons, which leads to packs dying very quickly, so classes with ramp up time can't compete with bursty classes (which are going to be nerfed, dhs and monks). In myhic+ ranged will be favored because they can avoid damage more easily.

I know there is a specific anti ranged mechanic, volcanic or something, but ranged players had to avoid shit their whole life, so they'll handle it. When mobs will deal more damage i'm pretty sure melees will sometimes have to get out of melee range or die, which will help average things.

In raids ranged DPS will have more time to ramp up and will be favored.

tl;dr : Wait to see in the current weeks how the new content will be handled.
    Pretty sure Volcanic applies to everybody(spawns puddles under you every so often which you need to move from, which means you can only have so many people in melee range and still avoid it, which if anything favors ranged)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Pretty sure Volcanic applies to everybody(spawns puddles under you every so often which you need to move from, which means you can only have so many people in melee range and still avoid it, which if anything favors ranged)
    Volcanic - While in combat, enemies periodically cause gouts of flame to erupt beneath the feet of distant players.

Source : http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...geance-Preview

Deleted
    its not even player melee what is disbalanced also NPC-s should be nerfed. even tiny spiders are too powerful.

Deleted
    I say we build a wall around all those melees and make them pay for it.

Totally agree that ranged dps specs need a huge overhaul.

For starters make their base single target damage 30% lower than any melee spec so then raid leaders will actually start bringing more melee dps to raids so it's not the usual setup of 3 ranged dps's for each melee dps.

Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    Whatever you say, boiola.
    Isn't it typical of Brazilian players to defy the stereotypes against their gaming culture, not reinforce it?

It must be so hard for Blizzard to get good feedback on their game, every forum has too many bad posters either trolling or extremely biased to the point where they're out of their minds.

It makes sense though, we get so many horrible changes to classes and don't get changes we need constantly due to them having no good actual feedback to look upon.
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-09-19 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    I'm a Mage, but before that, I was a dk for years. Melee, least mobility. Did fine, though ranged was overturned in raw damage most of the time. Now I'm in the reverse situation.

I'll do fine again, but I know where the complaints are coming from. Trash matters in m+, more than ever before, and it doesn't feel good to be semi-dead weight outside of combustion. It might just be a matter of feelings, though.

I'm not sure how m+ is actually balanced, haven't done it on beta, but there only two possible outcomes: either triple melee is the way to go, or stuff lives so long that range becomes worthwhile. I kinda expect to see 2+1 setups, not sure what blizzard could do about it, outside of making casters just ranged melees. It's an age-old problem.

I disagree, however, that ranged is easier to play than melee in a raid setting. When playing melee, I've always loved the fact that many of the really dangerous mechanics don't target me, or are trivialized by being able to dps on the move. I didn't even notice void zones anymore, it's just something you dance out of as melee, without giving any fucks whatsoever. It's a very smooth feeling.

totally WTB new animations for casters though, for that oomph factor melee has now. Pretty sure we'll get them.
    Last edited by mmoc48cc6e9b6a; 2016-09-19 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Earthquake will no longer be tied to a totem with the next tuning, go read it.
    Chain lightning spam is pretty much here as well, don't know what you are whining about, the gameplay is very similar and the mastery is the same as MOP.

AOE as elemental is not bad, you scrubs are just whining because you don't go past faceroll heroic dungeons. Mythic+ and raids will not be "wah the mobs die in 2 seconds I can't ramp up wah wah". With enough time elemental shaman has great UTILITY AOE, its not all about brainless damage you scrubs
    Enhancement is still far superior though.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    ranged dps classes spells in general hit already harder to cover for no white dmg.

- - - Updated - - -

It's because things die really fast and melee like WW and DH have great on demand AOE burst so you have no opportunity to get it rolling.
    Yes, and what he's saying is that is bad and stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Le rarest Pepe View Post
    totally WTB new animations for casters though, for that oomph factor melee has now. Pretty sure we'll get them.
    If they do it probably won't be for a long while. The reason melee got them was so they can feel like they have more of an impact when they are doing their abilities and see it do stuff. Ranged you were always able to see your spells and this gives melee the same opportunity now for most of the abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If they do it probably won't be for a long while. The reason melee got them was so they can feel like they have more of an impact when they are doing their abilities and see it do stuff. Ranged you were always able to see your spells and this gives melee the same opportunity now for most of the abilities.
    They've done that plenty of times already, updating spells like Druid's wrath or Shaman's lb. It's usually done one by one, whenever there's nothing else to do or whatever. I expect them to continue like that.

Not the same thing as animations though, so maybe there's a misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Le rarest Pepe View Post
    They've done that plenty of times already, updating spells like Druid's wrath or Shaman's lb. It's usually done one by one, whenever there's nothing else to do or whatever. I expect them to continue like that.

Not the same thing as animations though, so maybe there's a misunderstanding.
    One by one, yeah. Thought you meant all at once like this did with melee.

Remarkable how many times I've heard this being discussed since Legion has dropped. I think this is a really interesting topic and sympathize with some of the OP's points (though certainly not with the tone of delivery..).

Ranged has been dominant in raiding for the majority of the game's history and will likely continue to be from an objective standpoint. Based on the typical array of fight mechanics, ranged just has less difficulty with maintaining target uptime and target switching. Ranged can generally concentrate more due to a wider field of vision and the fact that they have to dance much less than melee, by nature. Enter a ~2 week period where raiding is not an option in a world with revamped melee classes and the OP's opinion has developed.

Melee has always felt better, for me anyways, in questing or 5-man content because you're able to run around, cleave all day, use instant abilities, etc. Ranged is more methodical and its not always more fun for non-raid settings because you sit around casting spells at targets who may die before you really ramp up.

The other big piece here is that melee just received a visual revamp across the board. I can't deny this point at all. The vast majority of melee classes look and sound (and thus *feel*) flashy and visceral. I've never had more fun playing melee despite the fact that I'm essentially doing the same thing I was before. Amazing what a coat of paint can do. Ranged didn't receive this sort of tune-up. Its funny how I consider some ranged classes (IE. Shadow) less fun than they seem on paper because the visuals and sounds are just lousy compared to the crunch of most melee classes right now.

I think its pretty clear people are loving the redesigns of several of the melee specs and that a lot of it has to do with animations, sounds and fluid rotational interactions. I'm sure Blizzard has seen this and will translate some sort of polish to ranged in the future.