Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lets Talk Careful Aim VS. Lonewolf

The title speaks for itself. I was wondering Why i am seeing some hunters running Careful Aim over Lonewolf....? is it just for dungeons ? Also the crafted class neck How does it work exactly? the one where" if the pet attacks the same target it enrages" or something to that effect? would running that neck with heavy mastery and a socket make it the careful aim talent choice more appealing. Just another question I was wondering about. All inout instructive or otherwise is a appreciated. Except the "check Azor's guide" I have read it backwards and forwards a bunch of times and I am just looking for a little clarification on what Im asking about. I know he covers like 90% of the stuff most ppl need to know before going into raid. But as more data is gathered the guide changes or "updates". So what do y'all think about the talent choices and the crafted class neck for MM.

They're running careful aim because they are A) Clueless B) Casual and don't care.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    They're running careful aim because they are A) Clueless B) Casual and don't care.
    Nothing like an ignorant, useless 'clarification' hahaha. You're quite limited fella if people fall into two these two categories for you.

Nah, not that crazy of an assessment. Careful Aim is barely competitive on a single, sustained target. To think that it's actually any good for non-raid content does indeed put you in some sort of special needs category, considering nothing is above 80% for more than like two or three globals.

Deleted
    Odyn /10chars

remember those days when we were petless and had 7 talent rows?

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Nah, not that crazy of an assessment. Careful Aim is barely competitive on a single, sustained target. To think that it's actually any good for non-raid content does indeed put you in some sort of special needs category, considering nothing is above 80% for more than like two or three globals.
    I wasn't thinking its good man, I was inquiring about the talents and why a hunter MIGHT BE using this talent. The other thing I was wondering abut was the crafted class neck, I have been reading everything I can but still don't fully understand how it works. Is it a strictly BM neck ??? Also I have the Crit/Vers neck Mythic WF that increases my focus pool by 5%. I am just trying to get some clarification on stuff w/o some snide remark. You are the "#1 hunter is the world" in a lot of peoples opinions Azor, I would assume you would have a detailed answer in regards to my questions.

Careful Aim is also bugged at the moment, Marked Shot wont procc it.

Like Sastank said, either 1) clueless or 2) don't care. Like KrayZee mentioned, it's totally better for Helya and Odyn if you feel like respeccing.

If the talent isn't better (a bit worse on equal) with ~20% uptime on it, basic logic dictates that it's not gonna be better with 1/4th that uptime. This is ignoring the shitty parts of having a pet (any target switching comes to mind), and of course how fucking terrible it is on terrible targets in comparison to Lone Wolf.

As for the neck, it's better for MM than for BM but it's shit for both, almost no way it's gonna beat better itemization.

PvP comes to mind. Lone wolf buffs your damage, but you lose roar of sac (we can use all the dmg mitigation we can get) and a pet debuff (mortal wounds/additional slow). The other choice doesn't make sense if you're running sidewinders, so Careful Aim it is. It might not be optimal, since the loss of master's call makes pet less valuable, but that's one explanation I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Like Sastank said, either 1) clueless or 2) don't care. Like KrayZee mentioned, it's totally better for Helya and Odyn if you feel like respeccing.

If the talent isn't better (a bit worse on equal) with ~20% uptime on it, basic logic dictates that it's not gonna be better with 1/4th that uptime. This is ignoring the shitty parts of having a pet (any target switching comes to mind), and of course how fucking terrible it is on terrible targets in comparison to Lone Wolf.

As for the neck, it's better for MM than for BM but it's shit for both, almost no way it's gonna beat better itemization.
    Thank you Kinda Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    Nothing like an ignorant, useless 'clarification' hahaha. You're quite limited fella if people fall into two these two categories for you.
    Read the post below yours.
    Then continue laughing yourself into obscurity. I don't care what your opinions about me as a person are, the fact remains about CA being trash and people using it are as well, or simply don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Half of the time I'm running with CA instead of LW, main reason being to have a Lust pet. In the first 2 weeks it was also great to have a brezz pet.

For raw ST DPS (and 2 targets) its just as good as LW (sometimes worse, sometimes better depending on the proccs but in general just as good). After 3 targets or more its worse tho.

Also its great not needing to respec to do WQ's with a pet; can do shit like doing PvP Tower WQ's in 1 Pull (excluding the Captain).

But obviously everyone with CA is clueless or doesnt care :^)
    Lol'd
    Also I run WQs as LW just fine. 849 ilvl and Rexxar BG. Not sure why you feel the need for a pet. If your concern is just solo content play BM with a pet? Idk
    Lol though at CA being just as good as LW for ST/Multi though. I'd love to know where you got that from
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Doing WQ as MM? LuL

Also as MM with Barrage doin only 2 targets? Is this a joke or?

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Read the post below yours.
    Then continue laughing yourself into obscurity. I don't care what your opinions about me as a person are, the fact remains about CA being trash and people using it are as well, or simply don't care.
    I'm playing MM/SV, and plan to raid or doing Mythic+ as SV/MM (in that order). Are u implying, that anyone who: a) Is not using cookie cutter spec b) is playing the way thats FUN for him/her c) can easily do the content with his guild while playing they way he/she wants to is a "trash" or "lol casul"?

Im wondering, when did it come to this? Is it Azors elitist club (with all the respect to Azors contribution, but his attitude is absolutely terribad, and he used to be much more humble).

Let the people have fun, its not all about numbers, not anymore.

Writing this as former hardcore raider and an absolute min-maxer (also former).

Deleted
    What's up with all the negativity?
    He's just asking a normal question and wants to discuss it.

It's a shame that LoneWolf is so much better than the other talents,
    I'm so used to having a pet (to tank) in solo content, I kinda miss it, but then again, pets die way too fast anyway compared to other expansions. Even as BM.

I used Careful Aim during leveling, worked quite well with the instant Aimed Shots (set bonus) and having a pet to tank.
    But now, when I want to use a pet I go BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    So you dont use a pet but than use Rexxar w/ his Pet. Mhhhh.

Also, you know, you can use Simcraft yourself (for your own character).
    Maybe you should start with simcrafting yourself, then you'd know that Careful Aim isn't actually equally good on 1 or 2 targets.

Single Target:

2 Targets:

I was using it for Darkbrul arena and some of the WQs, since I wasn't planning on doing anything else as MM until raids start.

Please show us your results.

Because if I'm running around the world doing quests, I want a near invincible mini-tank I can heal. You think I'm going back to an inn for 5k DPS in a Heroic, think again.

It's gonna be way, way more of a difference in Heroic. Like I've mentioned already, in a sim it's gonna have 15-20% uptime, in a Heroic that number is more like 5-10%, and then add the multi-target pulls and it's probably more like 20-30k over a whole dungeon.

Besides, if you're doing world quests, you should be BM anyway.