Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    HI,is there any low chance to get legendary drop before lvl 110? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    I have the 500+ WQ achievment on a single char (i'm not alting yet), did all the mythics so far (suramar ones as well), doing ~10-12 heroics a day at least, and all emissaries done. No legendary of course. Meanwhile, i have to see a warrior with ilvl 800 gear standing in front of OG AH every day and swapping in and out 4 legendaries and laughing just to piss people off. And of course not a single word from Blizzard. Oh well, they probably think they can have a few million people going unsub again, no biggie
    People are gonna quit because they haven't gotten their legendaries yet? People's standards must be pretty damn low to quit a game because they haven't found the loot they want yet.

Deleted
    lets be honest it was a stupid system in the first place leaving items with that much power up to random chance and the bug only made the situation worse with people far ahead of the curve now.

ive personally been running heroics constantly as have guildies and we have 0 aswell as hitting every single emissary on multiple characters which is a bit frustrating when people are running around with 2-4 already thanks to a pretty glaring issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    I have the 500+ WQ achievment on a single char (i'm not alting yet), did all the mythics so far (suramar ones as well), doing ~10-12 heroics a day at least, and all emissaries done. No legendary of course. Meanwhile, i have to see a warrior with ilvl 800 gear standing in front of OG AH every day and swapping in and out 4 legendaries and laughing just to piss people off. And of course not a single word from Blizzard. Oh well, they probably think they can have a few million people going unsub again, no biggie
    I don't have a legendary either. I'm around at like 844 I-level and I've done a bunch of mythics, I do my cache quests each day, and at this point I can do the world quests blindfolded. I'm not cutting myself over bad RNG. The only thing that would be nice is if Blizzard put in some sort of slight increase to percentage after each mythic dungeon/world quest cache you completed until you get a legendary. Even if they don't I'll deal with it.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Sounds like the person who got the item wasn't vetted enough. If your guild made the mistake of giving your legendary to some asshat who would abandon you I can't say that I'm sorry for your leadership's complete lack of character judgement.
    Mighty presumptuous of you. No guild I was ever in lost a legendary to another (thought we did recruit a Valanyr in Wrath). But it was an inherent problem in the system where a bunch of people were expected to put in work to get something for one person who could then decide their shiny orange loot was a ticket to higher progression.

Hell, even with something like the Scepter of Shifting Sands where there's no incentive for the person to leave, it still wasn't a lot of fun for the 39+ other people to work their asses off to get something nice for one other person and have nothing to show for it themselves. I am completely unsurprised that this system is dead and gone.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's Legendary quality, it is supposed to be rare to have something like that.

Get used to it, I like it that there are many people running around with legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Which is why there's 30x as many as have ever existed in prior xpacs and some people have 2-4 of them already.

Legiondaries are orange, but they are not truly legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Mighty presumptuous of you. No guild I was ever in lost a legendary to another (thought we did recruit a Valanyr in Wrath). But it was an inherent problem in the system where a bunch of people were expected to put in work to get something for one person who could then decide their shiny orange loot was a ticket to higher progression.

Hell, even with something like the Scepter of Shifting Sands where there's no incentive for the person to leave, it still wasn't a lot of fun for the 39+ other people to work their asses off to get something nice for one other person and have nothing to show for it themselves. I am completely unsurprised that this system is dead and gone.

Yet you prefer the worst and most restrictive attunement system to current content? I think Somebody is missing his nose out of spite mayhaps?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Cryy View Post
    HI,is there any low chance to get legendary drop before lvl 110? thank you
    Blizz said Legendary drops are 110 only, but after this debacle happened, i'd not be surprised on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Yet you prefer the worst and most restrictive attunement system to current content? I think Somebody is missing his nose out of spite mayhaps?
    Yes, I prefer the system where the most-progressed people completed their legendaries first vs. the one where they fall out of a box for some players minutes after dinging 110. I also have no problem with people who don't play the game for several months having to do a bit of catch-up to people who were actually subbed the whole time, particularly as MoP and WoD both had accelerated catch-up mechanics (though WoD did fail to institute one for the final Tome collection stage).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer things to be rare like this. Remember when things felt epic? These legendaries feel epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Before MoP your whole guild had to clear a raid instance on highest difficulty for 3-4 months every week so that one person could get his/her legendary and no one whined about legendaries being hard to get, and now you whine because 3 weeks into expansion you still haven't found any legendary? You know how ridiculous it sounds?
    Also you getting your legendary wouldn't make much difference in a raid group as Blizzard said; So no, it won't prevent your guild from progressing.
    In nomine Metzen et Watcher et spiritu Rngristos. Aaaaaaamin.

On a more serious note, no it won't halt your progression, but based on the boss as much as 100-200 pulls can wipes sub 10% ... where a nice big fat dps boost would come very much in handy. Nwm the fact that Xavius for example transitions based on %'s and the last phase is a burn phase.... pretty much the bastard child of archimonde and cho'gal... so yes transitioning phases faster to deal with less mechanics is quite a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post

Get used to it, I like it that there are many people running around with legendaries
    Yes it's a legendary you receive for collecting fatty bear livers.... or saving corn from maggots.... definetly earning it's rarity there buddy

Again the issue people are having is that _SOME_ of these Legendaries are a 15-20% dps boost and in a guild that has MORE members than it needs to fill a 20 man roster (as most serious guilds do) your raid spot can very well be decided on wether or not the snot worm over there decided to cough up an orange. Assuming same class, same skill, limited spots, you prefer -20% dmg or +20% dmg?
    Last edited by PowerOfTwo; 2016-09-19 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Do you really compare your gear with others' to check your progress and your performance? There are many Arabs/generally rich people in every realm buying boosts left and right who have better gear than you but they only have money and can afford boosts.
    That's the only way. To create groups for any content such comparison must be made, so everyone is at least on similar level. To do well in groups, you need to do this comparison again to see if you can be a better player. Whether you raid in a group of friends, pros or top-end raiders, you want to know how far are you from the top. This is the only way to know whether or not you are doing good in the game (of course, within your scope). Sure, you can completly ignore that aspect, not strive to be better or equal with others, and punch crabs to death in Azsuna without armor on.

And yeah, if you feel the need of comparison with Arabs, sure, but you generally just compare yourself to people playing with you. I guess in Arab guilds a Mohammed might look at Abduls character and think "Damn, if only I paid $15000 more I could have gear as good as him". For me, this tiny needle of irritation stabs when I enter a Mythic Dungeon pug, do my best, and see myself outdpsed by a DH - guess what, this DH has one of many good AoE Legendaries they have. I know that so far I'm behind and can't do anything to be better than him, so the progression is sort of halted until I get a Legendary. When will it happen? Dunno. It's like rolling a dice over and over, without even knowing how many sides this dice has.

i like how these threads are just built on hypocrisy

the same people whining in these threads will whine when they realize legendaries drop like candy in raids

if you people are so worried about how often you get outdpsd by random pugs in your LFD 5 mans

maybe you should get better at the game

Deleted
    1). Legendary drop rate is no too low
    2). Legendary dropping from meaningless task is insane. This speaks against any form of sane loot distribution
    3). Blizzard noticed people love random chance, luck. Like with Hearthstone. People are drawn to gambling
    4). Everything Blizzard does with LEGION is aimed and having people pay the monthly subs. cost for a longer period of time
    5). Legendaries should be much more ... well legendary.
    6). It doesn't matter since every XX_ARTHAS14_XX_KILLAH_420_WEED_MLG is running around with Artifact Ashbringer anyways.
    7). Some legendaries are way too strong. Other are mediocre and don't really do much
    8). They are disabled for all relevant content anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    That's the only way. To create groups for any content such comparison must be made, so everyone is at least on similar level. To do well in groups, you need to do this comparison again to see if you can be a better player. Whether you raid in a group of friends, pros or top-end raiders, you want to know how far are you from the top. This is the only way to know whether or not you are doing good in the game (of course, within your scope). Sure, you can completly ignore that aspect, not strive to be better or equal with others, and punch crabs to death in Azsuna without armor on.

And yeah, if you feel the need of comparison with Arabs, sure, but you generally just compare yourself to people playing with you. I guess in Arab guilds a Mohammed might look at Abduls character and think "Damn, if only I paid $15000 more I could have gear as good as him". For me, this tiny needle of irritation stabs when I enter a Mythic Dungeon pug, do my best, and see myself outdpsed by a DH - guess what, this DH has one of many good AoE Legendaries they have. I know that so far I'm behind and can't do anything to be better than him, so the progression is sort of halted until I get a Legendary. When will it happen? Dunno. It's like rolling a dice over and over, without even knowing how many sides this dice has.
    Yeah if your average ilvl was like 10-20 lower than the other person or had a much lower ilvl artifact, maybe you couldn't outdps the guy at all. But if you're a better player, you can outdps a weaker player. That's been the case every expansion a little buff to one of your abilities can't change that.
    So if you use gear to compare your performance with other players, the problem is you, not your gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    It's better speculation than the crap about the bad luck protection or the "tagged" accounts for better RNG. And a lot of people were running heroics the first week, most likely not most, but enough to make an actual statistical conclusion for Blizzard. Besides, there's a difference between doing a general blanket % increase drop like with a BLP system as opposed to removing a specific item off of your loot table altogether.
    they can manipulate any data/algorithm ingame. you should ask yourself how it is possible for a company like blizzard to make such a amateur mistake with the calculations. it seems to me that this wasn't a bug but very well intended to bring more "spark" into the game and incentive for everyone to grind, and grind some more. they dont even remove those duplicate/multiple items from players knowingly that it will bring imbalance. most even abused the bug to get more legendaries. how is that permitted?

Quote Originally Posted by yabadabadoh View Post
    they can manipulate any data/algorithm ingame. you should ask yourself how it is possible for a company like blizzard to make such a amateur mistake with the calculations. it seems to me that this wasn't a bug but very well intended to bring more "spark" into the game and incentive for everyone to grind, and grind some more. they dont even remove those duplicate/multiple items from players knowingly that it will bring imbalance. most even abused the bug to get more legendaries. how is that permitted?
    how exactly do you abuse a bug that you dont know exists

and which is only activated by completing day to day content

15+ Year Old Account
    Eventualy u will get them. I love that they dont drop occasionaly.

Seen them drop 4 times now. More then enough! (dont have any myselfe).

The xpac is just out, u want them already? Chill...
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

This thread makes me log in and farm my legendary. cu later.