Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamsus View Post
    Hi D'priests,

actually (with my quiet pace of play) i'm at Ilvl 835 and i'm working on stats balance.

Due to 3\4 haste drops (with higher Ilvl than my old gear) i'm a bit toooo heavy on haste and lower on Crit & Versatility.

Actually i'm at:

30% Haste
    20% Crit
    21% Mastery
    2% Versatility

I'm actually healing well in Heroic and Mytic, and i struggle on Mytic just when people don't respect the mechanics (so it's quite fine to struggle).
    I would love to balance a bit things up (also for better mana efficency) stacking a bit more Crit & Versatility in exchange of Haste.

Do you think that moving around

25-26% Haste
    22-23% Crit
    5-6% Versatility

would be a better "weight"?

Thanks
    I would honestly just go for max amount of haste, it'll not only help you with more consistent dmg during your spike phases, but also reduce the CD of shield.

do you ever use power word radiance? i think its way too slow , i mean you can just plea them one by one.

Guess who got Estel last night <<<<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    do you ever use power word radiance? i think its way too slow , i mean you can just plea them one by one.
    In a situation where you need to respond as fast as possible to AoE damage and still need to apply 3+ atonements, PWR is always a better choice. Using my current gear level (26% haste), PWR has a cast time of 1.99 sec, and my GCD is 1.19 sec. So 3 Pleas is going to take 3.57 sec, while PWR is 1.99 sec, and heals for more.
    That ~1.5 second difference can easily be the difference between being able to keep everyone alive, or letting one person die. I can't tell you how many times I've had people die on me as I'm casting Shadowmend on them, where casting that heal on them half a second earlier would have saved them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    They have been changing items up and down and fixing bugs for weeks now without listing them in the hotfix notes. On any given day, at least 2-3x as many things are changed as what is listed. So far the major changes since about the last week of beta for trinkets have been:

Bottled Hurricane on-use healing increased by 100%
    Darkmoon Deck: Promises mana reduction increased by 100%
    Concave Reflecting Lens proc healing decreased by 30%
    Devilsaur Shock-Baton damage decreased by 66% for Disc (to put it in line with every other trinket that got disc-nerfed)

And the only way to tell these things even happened was to look at the in-game tooltip one day, and then look at it again for the same item level another day and notice that it is different. Thankfully in spreadsheets the numbers are saved forever, so it's pretty easy to compare and see the exact increase or decrease. I do wish they would actually tell us about these things though.
    Does this put Hurricane in a place where we would want to use it or not?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, lets throw this one out there:
    Pendant of the Watchful Eye ilvl 845 (1184 haste, 617 crit) + socket + 308 speed

vs

Stabilized Energy Pendant ilvl 840 (1011 crit, 758 vers), no other procs.

Obviously in 5mans mana isn't relevant, that has been established, so I would assume the former wins by a country mile in 5mans, but what about raids?
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    I would honestly just go for max amount of haste, it'll not only help you with more consistent dmg during your spike phases, but also reduce the CD of shield.
    And i'm okay with that, i just wondering if having a bit more balance stacking up also Crit\Vers would be a better choice for an overall balance, or is better to stay with a heavy-haste-based equipment at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Quoting by one of the developers during some Q&A

"--Power Word: Radiance favor players without Atonement, then players with Atonement, then non-players."

And i'm actually noticing it, so it's quite okay to use it.

Usually i got atonement on Tank and sometimes on me (Save Healers&Tanks, then women & children) so with PW:Radiance i usually get 5 atonements on party.

Obviously, PW:R gains value if you know what kind of encounter you are facing... because you "pre-cast" it before hard aoe moments, keeping Penance \ Light's Wrath \ Mindbender ready for a massive AOE heal.
    Last edited by mmoc5ef3009889; 2016-09-19 at 08:49 AM.

I have one more question about our LW mechanics:

If we have 4 atonements up in a party, cast light's wrath, and then put up another atonement before the damage lands, is the damage boosted by 40% or 50%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wopples View Post
    I have one more question about our LW mechanics:

If we have 4 atonements up in a party, cast light's wrath, and then put up another atonement before the damage lands, is the damage boosted by 40% or 50%?

Draws upon the power of Light's Wrath, dealing (700% of Spell power) Radiant damage to the target, increased by 10% per ally affected by your Atonement.

I don't know if the damage is calculated when the spell is casted or when the spell lands.

I think some modifiers are applied when the spell lands, some when you cast it.

Example:

I have spell power 100, i cast LW with 4 atonements up

Damage = 700 while the spell is in the air

The target has a buff that reduce by 50% all damage by magic received

Damage = 700 \ 2 = 350

I receive a buff of 10 to Spell Power, going to 110 (this in my opinion wont affect the damage, because the spell was casted before)

I shield up the 5th guy

The target "lost" the buff, so damage is back at 100% because while the spell was "flying" to target, the buff went away

The spell lands on the target

Damage = 700 + atonement buff = 1050

I think it should work like this, i added the buff \ debuff part to use another mechainc that doesnt depent on atonements but by target status itself. The bonus damage for atonement should be applied when the spell lands, at the same way the damage reduction for the buff is not applied also if the spell was casted when the buff was on.

Sorry for bad english, i'm at work right now, hope i was clear.

Is it only me or does Lights Wrath feel like a very week artifakt ability compared to what some other classes have ?

I mean my Arcanmages artifact makes up about 15-20% off its overall dmg and hits like a truck. When I compare that the the near useless Light Wrath ability I feel realy sad.

The only time Lights Wrath is a realy fun ability is when I have the very rare "Overcharged with Light" Buff. Without it, it barely heals more then a simple Penance.

Im I missing something ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keulenkommando View Post
    Is it only me or does Lights Wrath feel like a very week artifakt ability compared to what some other classes have ?
    It sadly is weak in 5 mans. It should have a "effect increased by 100% if not in a raid" like Hymn and Tranq.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amilee View Post
    It sadly is weak in 5 mans. It should have a "effect increased by 100% if not in a raid" like Hymn and Tranq.
    I don't know how it is compared to others Artifact Skills, if i have atonement up on 5 persons, a big AOE damage lands, i pop it - i get a big healing boost on each party member.

If i crit it heals really a lot, and followed by a penance is a very strong aoe-healing combination.

Obviously you need to know how the encounter works

Deleted
    I don't know how it is compared to others Artifact Skills, if i have atonement up on 5 persons, a big AOE damage lands, i pop it - i get a big healing boost on each party member.
    I didn't mean to say it's useless - just for a 90s CD it's underwhelming.

Deleted
    [I][B]I don't know if the damage is calculated when the spell is casted or when the spell lands.
    It calculates damage from atonements when it finishes casting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jep3 View Post
    It calculates damage from atonements when it finishes casting.
    Sad story so

If i crit it heals really a lot, and followed by a penance is a very strong aoe-healing combination.

Obviously you need to know how the encounter works
    Light's Wrath is worse than a Castigation Penance. With 5 atonements up it's worse than a Power of the Dark Side Castigation Penance. In situations where you can choose which to cast, Penance or Light's Wrath, you'll choose Penance 90% of the time. It doesn't mean it's straight up bad or unusable, if the damage is high enough you'll probably follow that Penance with LW, just that it's underwhelming in 5mans due to the high cd.

Deleted
    I'm currently at 9677 haste, 7093 crit, 1203 mastery (weapon+legendary, would try to get rid of it otherwise) and 0 versatility and it plays extremely well in heroics/mythics and solo. So yes, I would say try to swap some mastery for crit.
    I didn't particularly try to get the mastery in favor of crit, I valued mastery somewhere at the bottom together with versatility generally - hence why the calculator weights got me a bit off my track with versa/crit looking better than haste. The mastery I have I simply could not avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    Light's Wrath is worse than a Castigation Penance. With 5 atonements up it's worse than a Power of the Dark Side Castigation Penance. In situations where you can choose which to cast, Penance or Light's Wrath, you'll choose Penance 90% of the time. It doesn't mean it's straight up bad or unusable, if the damage is high enough you'll probably follow that Penance with LW, just that it's underwhelming in 5mans due to the high cd.
    Jea thats what I mean. The combination of (relative) long cast time, high CD and underwelming strength makes it feel so bad.
    Make it instant or lower the CD to 30 Seconds or make it worth the casttime/CD by letting it hit a lot harder and it turns into a realy good ability that I would aktually look forward to get off the cooldown to use it again.

Deleted
    Just for exercise

Light's Wrath with 5 Atonements: 1050% SP ¤ 2.3 sec cast (with some haste)
    Penance with Castigation with 3\3 Confession: 784 SP ¤ 1.8sec cast (with some haste)

With a mastery of 20%

Casted consecutively they heals the party for 1283% SP (70% of total damage spell power) in around 4 seconds excluding critical procs etc

With 28.000 SP for example, their combined heal is about 350-360K

Considering i'm not looking at critical it seems good, obviously this combination can only be used once every 1.5minutes

You can pop the Mindbender to increase aoe healing in other situations and also Power Infusion...

Maybe the 1.5 minute CD is applied considering all those factors but i'm just assuming it, i don't know what are the thougths behind this choice.

Sometimes obviously i would like it to be a 1 min CD, but maybe we have to wait some Raid experience\data mining to evalue that

You can add Power of the Dark Side for 1176% penance, it's easier and faster to set up than 5 atonements.

There's no need to wait for raids to evaluate it's performance in dungeons, a simple solution would be to have Light's Wrath atonement do more healing when not in raid, the way it works for Tranquility and Divine Hymn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    You can add Power of the Dark Side for 1176% penance, it's easier and faster to set up than 5 atonements.

There's no need to wait for raids to evaluate it's performance in dungeons, a simple solution would be to have Light's Wrath atonement do more healing when not in raid, the way it works for Tranquility and Divine Hymn.
    It's hard spending 1 gcd to apply atonements to 60% of the group?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mean to say it's useless - just for a 90s CD it's underwhelming.
    In 5mans sure, its not that strong. In raids, its stupidly strong because it scales exponentially with the number of atonements out. Its stronger than a revival on a 90s cd.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Weird conversation about "choosing" between Light's Wrath and Penance in 5 mans. Just cast Penance and then cast Light's Wrath while Penance is on cooldown. It's not like it's some massively complicated choice.