Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    and i just love being annoying shouting BONESTORM from time to time in discord. my guild loves their spriest. ))))
    I admit, I lol'd, since I tend to do the same

Still, you have to realise that you're being loved due to your personality, not the damage output. For a random nonamed shadow priest (like, a fresh recruit) it will not be the same.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

7+ Year Old Account
    did you guys see that they are giving us back Shadowform?

Its on wowhead right now, i cant post a link cos i havent posted on the forums enough :P

Deleted
    Guys i have the following trinkets... what do you think are the best to start raid wed? Atm I'm using the first 2... I heard the last one is really good for mages tho since the proc does a lot of dmg, is it good for us as well? Thank you!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=134292/n...onus=1507:3432 with 915 haste
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137541/m...ism&bonus=1492
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=134248/l...onus=1512:3432 with 932 critical
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137485/i...rit&bonus=1492
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=140030/d...ton&bonus=3397

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I admit, I lol'd, since I tend to do the same

Still, you have to realise that you're being loved due to your personality, not the damage output. For a random nonamed shadow priest (like, a fresh recruit) it will not be the same.
    We'll just have to see. I'm doing well on bosses but i know my skill level is a bit higher than some of the other ranged. So we shall see this week. And when those tuning patches come Soon TM.

Quote Originally Posted by elestion View Post
    Do we PI or MB for raiding? We get more burst with PI but more voidform time with MB, or is that wrong?
    PI actually gives more Voidform uptime, especially with StM. MB is currently behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromral View Post
    I'd say MB is the standard choice and if the boss requires you to burst something down asap (and it does not get bursted down almost instantly by the other classes like an add with relatively low HP) you switch to PI.
    That is incorrect. PI is superior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WWfred View Post
    being rejected from guild heroics spam because our AoE is garbage, feels real good
    You should go as healer and play Shadow. If they are geared and want to clear fast bringing a Shadow for dps and the occassional shadow mend is optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    PI actually gives more Voidform uptime, especially with StM. MB is currently behind it.

That is incorrect. PI is superior.
    When did this change? I've been using MB the whole time and I can usually get 2 MB out in one StM in mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    When did this change? I've been using MB the whole time and I can usually get 2 MB out in one StM in mythics.
    Not sure when. It's what simming ahead for me.

So.. Mark of the Hidden Satyr.

It doesn't show on any meter or on warcraftlogs for me at the moment and I'm hearing lots of different things about it. I guess MotC is the only one that provides any insanity generation, but it does feel like MotHS was proccing a lot when I tested on dummies. Do anyone have definitive answers on which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Not sure when. It's what simming ahead for me.
    Only simming with Beotorch, but the same for me, PI > MB, and even Void Lord > RoS, aswell as FotM > ToF - last one I can explain with the leg Belt, but VL > RoS really surprised me, because with S2M and a 5minute fight I thought that the extra insanity from RoS would be much much better then Void Lord.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Satyr shows up on Details! doesn't it?
    It was not showing up for me in Details! unless something has been changed.

Deleted
    So wait VL over RoS in StM fights? Could anyone confirm please, sounds pretty weird

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAlkohol View Post
    So wait VL over RoS in StM fights? Could anyone confirm please, sounds pretty weird
    Wait no thats not what I wanted to say

I'm just saying that Beotorch Sims me higher on a single target fight with VL>RoS, which wonders me - searching for explanation here

/edit:
    https://www.beotorch.com/simulations.php you can see my simulations if you filter "Eu - Aegwynn" and Seski.

Can't sim batches with AskMrRobot since I can't install its client on my PC :/
    Last edited by Alexieel; 2016-09-19 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAlkohol View Post
    No never, that's just simc being weird. It doesn't handle StM very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    Can't sim batches with AskMrRobot since I can't install its client on my PC :/
    Do you have the ingame addon? PM me your export and I can run the sims on my end and share them with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Satyr shows up on Details! doesn't it?
    It's Details that I'm using, but it doesn't. Also downloaded skada to check, but nothing. It really feels good though.

SimC doesn't handle StM very well either? I simmed myself on AMR with LotV and got 195k, then with StM and got 196k. I was really weirded out by that, so I checked and my StM VF duration was 34s, which means it popped it way too late into the encounter. I've brought it up to the AMR devs, hopefully they spend more time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    SimC doesn't handle StM very well either? I simmed myself on AMR with LotV and got 195k, then with StM and got 196k. I was really weirded out by that, so I checked and my StM VF duration was 34s, which means it popped it way too late into the encounter. I've brought it up to the AMR devs, hopefully they spend more time with it.
    Swol and I are actually working on a fix for that. I have a private pseudo fix for it atm

The problem with simc and stm is that there's some weird interaction between health percents between iterations. I do know that running 4-5 actors fixes it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jullyx View Post
    So.. Mark of the Hidden Satyr.

It doesn't show on any meter or on warcraftlogs for me at the moment and I'm hearing lots of different things about it. I guess MotC is the only one that provides any insanity generation, but it does feel like MotHS was proccing a lot when I tested on dummies. Do anyone have definitive answers on which is better?
    Mark of the Hidden Satyr does not current show up in the combat log as yours, so you won't be able to track it via a damage meter/logs. However it procs more frequently than Mark of the Claw.

MotHS has a proc rate of 2.5 + haste PPM while MotC has a flat proc rate of 2.5. Assuming you get 2.5 procs a minute using MotC you'll get 550 haste and crit for 18 seconds out of 60. So for 25% of a minute you'll have 550 more haste + crit. In terms of DPS that's not a whole lot. As for MotHS it procs an add that attacks your target for a set damage amount. I'm not sure if this add is effected by damage increasing buffs such as voidform, which if it is, pushes it solidly ahead.

My personal vote is MotHS > MotC.

If someone a bit better at calculating procs can weigh in that'd be appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    MotHS is definitely better IMO. That's just my educated gut feeling though.

It should be easy to test if it benefits from Voidform by attacking a dummy in Holy (Disc has weird/nerfed proc damage interactions, so don't do that), and seeing if it hits for less than Shadowpriest / Voidform procs.

Even if it doesn't scale from that though, it will scale unusually well for Shadow due to our haste stacks during Voidform and Lingering Insanity - that will amp up the number of procs we get compared to other classes, for which it is most likely balanced around. So MotHS will be unusually good for Shadow.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2016-09-20 at 12:09 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Thank you, that makes sense. I think I'll stick with MotHS as well for now. If these are supposed to be balanced it's hard to imagine it not being amazing, considering how much haste we have throughout a fight.