Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Night Elf Paladins (some spoilers)

For those of you who haven't played a paladin this expansion, there's a night elf champion that you get. She starts out as a priest but doesn't seem complete. She later becomes a paladin. These are what the original human paladins were: priests who became warriors. With the confirmation that Elune created the Naaru Prime, it seems like they may be seeding the game with the idea like they did before Tauren became Sunwalkers. Without thinking about it, I was pretty opposed to the idea, but it is a little intriguing. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 2016-09-19 at 12:09 PM.

The more classes nelves can be the better.

Deleted
    At least Night Elf Paladins would make more sense than Tauren paladins.
    Literally every race would make more sense than Tauren for paladins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    No, tauren paladins make perfect sense.

While it definitely makes more sense than Tauren paladins (almost everything does), I'd prefer we not get playable Night Elf paladins. Having class restrictions does add something to the races, and I think Cataclysm went overboard in expanding the class options (Tauren again being the prime example).

This is more likely a one-off character, like the Blood Elf druid or the Pandaren death knight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    No, tauren paladins make perfect sense.
    Because?
    I mean, even forsaken paladins would have made more sense (as there are already a bunch of them in the scarlet crusade)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    With the confirmation that Elune is a Naaru
    i thought the planet (azeroth) was the naaru and elune was the moon. Did i miss something when they came up with this "lore"?

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    i thought the planet (azeroth) was the naaru and elune was the moon. Did i miss something when they came up with this "lore"?
    I think I remembered it wrong. They confirmed that the Naaru prime was created by Elune, not that she was definitely a Naaru, although Velen thinks she might be. And no, Azeroth was found to be a Titan, not a Naaru.

We could call them Moon Knights. For mother Moon!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    You did miss something, yes, which makes your hate-quotes around "lore" seem pretty silly. None of Legion's lore has been any worse than WoW lore in general.

Anyway, apparently you blanked out during the conversation in the pre-expansion quest where Magni explicitly says that Azeroth is a baby titan (something people had been theorizing since forever). Elune OTOH, does seem to be a Naaru. Not sure if that info is new to this expansion, again it's been theorized for a long time.

I was thinking this exact thing the moment I completed that quest.
    Must mean it's going to happen, right?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Any time I see someone say this, I can instantly tell they either didn't read the lore as to why Sunwalkers exist, or are just not smart enough to understand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they add a new Paladin race to the Alliance, could they add a new Paladin race to the Horde at the same time? After all, adding a new class/race combo to the Alliance puts them ahead of the Horde and the Horde would only have two Paladin options to the Alliance's four.

I sort of think Trolls could make realistic paladins...after all they have a strong priest tradition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Any time I see someone say this, I can instantly tell they either didn't read the lore as to why Sunwalkers exist, or are just not smart enough to understand it.
    I would upvote this if I could. Most of the decisions people complain about in terms of lore are well explained and reasoned if you look.

Except for Warlords of Draenor. Which made no sense whatsoever and never will.

Deleted
    They'd have to give their spells a blueish light effect instead of that golden one (they won't do that) and maybe rename some of the abilities (they won't do that either). But overall it is fitting that Nighelves can be something akin to Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You did miss something, yes, which makes your hate-quotes around "lore" seem pretty silly. None of Legion's lore has been any worse than WoW lore in general.

Anyway, apparently you blanked out during the conversation in the pre-expansion quest where Magni explicitly says that Azeroth is a baby titan (something people had been theorizing since forever). Elune OTOH, does seem to be a Naaru. Not sure if that info is new to this expansion, again it's been theorized for a long time.
    Actually Elune did create the Naaru(that's just a theory even in the lore) so I would rather go with Elune beeing a Titan herself.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-09-19 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    Night elf priestesses always were paladins of Elune technically. I find it odd that they had to have a night elf priestess go Light-paladin when she clearly could have simply donned her battle armour of night elf priestesses and said she just wants to join the garrison to fight the Legion.

night elve paladins
    undead paladins

sylvanas will use the light to solve her "forsaken cant reproduce" problem, and the night elves or nightborne will do it too for whatever reason

i cant wait, i hate blood elves animations

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    If they add a new Paladin race to the Alliance, could they add a new Paladin race to the Horde at the same time? After all, adding a new class/race combo to the Alliance puts them ahead of the Horde and the Horde would only have two Paladin options to the Alliance's four.

I sort of think Trolls could make realistic paladins...after all they have a strong priest tradition.

- - - Updated - - -

I would upvote this if I could. Most of the decisions people complain about in terms of lore are well explained and reasoned if you look.

Except for Warlords of Draenor. Which made no sense whatsoever and never will.
    The Troll Priests believe in the Loa. They have nothing to do with the Light and therein Paladins. The Light is an Alliance thing, you have a majority of Shamans.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

Don't we have example of Undead Paladins in the lore? (Just checked: there are a number of undead people wielding holy power - including Paladin abilities - some with Forsaken models). I'd think that would be next stop, Paladin-wise, for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    i read the lore even made a holycow just to see it first hand... doesn't mean i think it was a good idea or like it... Undead pallies made more sense at the time, LK was dead thus light returning to some fallen paladins, etc.... my opinion of course blizz thought other wise.

on topic yes!! I thought the same thing with how the quest was laid out and if i recall this particular Nelf has been around awhile so a named NPC flipping over was pretty signficant, add in how formal it was done in game. I see Nelf pallies as a future thing, and maybe finally..undead ones to balance it on the horde.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Troll paladins are not that far off .....

Go to the Throne of Thunder raid, there are Zandalari Prelates that are using paladin abilities.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927/zan...late#abilities

Looking for a working online signature generator .....