Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sneak nerf on mining?

So I got rank 3 of living felslate mining. 90% of the basilisks mined today had 1 felslate on them, 5% 2 and the other 5% was gray items.
    Did they sneak nerf it during the night or bugged?

At the least mining (from corpses) was nerfed along with skinning, and possibly herbing (from corpses), but herbing (from corpses), either not at all or not nearly as much.

Mining is kind of a tough row to hoe right now and Blizzard pretty much has to ease up on it soon.

But yeah the basilisks and elementals will not give you much ore, when they give you ore at all.

Wait for the hotfix notes, blizzard loves dramatically changing things and then announcing them 6-12 hours later. They did this with the 70% nerf to skinning and 40% nerf to gems

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    like Skinning, the ability to specifically target mobs that can be mined vs actively searching for Ore Nodes means you will get much less from Mob acquisition vs Node acquisition.

As a Skinner, I welcome you to the agony.

Tbh just farming basilisks is still a quicker farm then running around looking for nodes. So few of them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mcugly View Post
    Tbh just farming basilisks is still a quicker farm then running around looking for nodes. So few of them lol
    How many felslates can you farm by killing basiliks per hour? I can get 325-375 felslate/h with rank 2 mining from deposites + about 150 laystone (dont care about this one)

Before nerf around 600-700 if ur lucky to be alone in the area. Tonight I were at it for 2h ish and got 590 or so, also around 20 mana coins that goes for around 250-300g each

Deleted
    can you get rank 3 mining without 800 skill?

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-11-05 at 09:59 AM.

Enjoy what you can sell now before the Blood of Sargeras vendor gets here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    going take 2-3 months until it hits.. so

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    can you get rank 3 mining without 800 skill?
    Yeah, you just have to kill/mine living felslate/leystone until the quest pops up next to you. Same thing goes for nodes, just mine enough of them and the quest will pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcugly View Post
    Yeabut ...

... leveling mining is a bitch if you're just trying to get it done in the background on an alt.

Skinning: Takes a couple hours.

Herbing: 3-4 hours?

Mining: Fuck if I know, let me know what you did. (Make sure you take that gnomish army knife out of your bags.)

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Yeabut ...

... leveling mining is a bitch if you're just trying to get it done in the background on an alt.

Mining: Fuck if I know, let me know what you did. (Make sure you take that gnomish army knife out of your bags.)
    I leveled it right before legion got out, just flew around in tanaan jungle from 1 to max. Took me around one full day. Im guessing you can do the same thing in broken isles, but its probably going to take you longer since no flying and nodes are scattered. Unless you just go down felsoul hold and farm basilisks for an eternity

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    like Skinning, the ability to specifically target mobs that can be mined vs actively searching for Ore Nodes means you will get much less from Mob acquisition vs Node acquisition.

As a Skinner, I welcome you to the agony.
    It's a joke you're even comparing it when you see what engi/jc need compared to LW
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's a joke you're even comparing it when you see what engi/jc need compared to LW
    I compared the ability to grind farm mobs for mats. How is that a Joke at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I compared the ability to grind farm mobs for mats. How is that a Joke at all?
    Because LW needs far less mats to level and skinning is considered very light in legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Because LW needs far less mats to level and skinning is considered very light in legion.
    annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd? How is the comparison still a joke? You are still grinding mobs for mats, just like LW. If they didn't nerf grinding mobs for Mats people would just do it constantly and would destroy the market.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Yeabut ...

Best way I've found is not to grind 1-800 on the Broken Islands - get to 600/650 before even bothering

Skinning - super fast spawning wolves east of the horde garrison in draenor to 650ish (30 mins, tops) then on to Broken isles.
    Herbalism/Mining - 1-600 in Valley of the four winds (pandaria) for an hour or two tops (flying yay!).

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    It's enough time to buy one year of gametime so :P also blood of sargeras can be used i better way. Once they release second raid i am going to do tons of money on that BS mount.

Ofc there will be a lot of ppl that are bad at gold farming so prices of some materials will drop to the ground.