Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    He deserve it more becuase he PLAY MORE and by default that means he PUT MORE EFFORT into the game.

Rewards should be rewarded to those with MOST effort and not the one with most luck.
    But how would that work?
    - The system checks playtime on everyone and only gives loot to the one with the highest playtime? That would mean casuals would all quit, as they'd never get loot. It also means sitting AFK in Dalaran for days would improve your chance of loot.
    - The system checks DPS on boss? It would reward the tunnelvision mage that stands in fire above the group player who actually interrupts and minimizes damage. And would it take gear into account, so scrub 810 isn't expected to do as much damage as mister 850+? And what happens when über player A has had bad drops and thus gets bad itemization, hindering DPS, while being every bit as good as someone else?
    - How do you check whether healers and tanks did their part? No one died? What if the tunnelvision mage died? Not the tank's or healer's fault, but it would cost them loot?

There is no way to determine who 'deserves' loot more then anyone else and since we all pay the same, the solution is RNG. That way everyone has a chance on loot, but people WHO PLAY MORE have a higher chance of getting loot. Hey, see that? It already favors people who play more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    no he don't deserve anything, wow isn't a job but an hobby.
    It's not about that. It's the principle that Working towards something should Pay off!

The harder you work, the more you get back, it's a principle that applies to real life and that should apply to the game too.

How can you possibly say it's fair that a guy who did 500 dungeons should be less rewarded than a guy who did 5?

Are you also saying LFR should drop the same gear as Mythic raids? Should Mythic raiders not gett better loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    He deserve it more becuase he PLAY MORE and by default that means he PUT MORE EFFORT into the game.

Rewards should be rewarded to those with MOST effort and not the one with most luck.
    Are you one of those people who also think rare mounts should be removed once a new raid tier is released?

@qunaquna80:
    I'd put it in the trade window for a while and never press trade. People should be happy for someone, not claim it was 'meant to be their loot' or they 'need it more than you'.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    But how would that work?
    - The system checks playtime on everyone and only gives loot to the one with the highest playtime? That would mean casuals would all quit, as they'd never get loot. It also means sitting AFK in Dalaran for days would improve your chance of loot.
    - The system checks DPS on boss? It would reward the tunnelvision mage that stands in fire above the group player who actually interrupts and minimizes damage. And would it take gear into account, so scrub 810 isn't expected to do as much damage as mister 850+? And what happens when über player A has had bad drops and thus gets bad itemization, hindering DPS, while being every bit as good as someone else?
    - How do you check whether healers and tanks did their part? No one died? What if the tunnelvision mage died? Not the tank's or healer's fault, but it would cost them loot?

There is no way to determine who 'deserves' loot more then anyone else and since we all pay the same, the solution is RNG. That way everyone has a chance on loot, but people WHO PLAY MORE have a higher chance of getting loot. Hey, see that? It already favors people who play more!
    It would work by NOT having the legendaries DROP AT ALL. They are instead rewards from achievements or long quest chains or something instead. Rewards from great farming.

Lets say for instance: "Complete 100 Mythic Dungeons" achievement, that rewards 1 legendary item. That takes 10 weeks if you complete all 10 weekly. Which is VERY reasonable for a LEGENDARY.

And a much better system than random drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    I think the game should embrace this more.

Instead of coordinating to kill a boss, everybody just clicks their Decahedral Dwarven Dice and if the raid rolls properly the boss just falls over. If not, they wipe.
    If you're doing a PUG you're already rolling a dice on whether you get a competent one.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    But how would that work?

No it's actually not that hard if you just try for a second to think of a way to solve it. Goals. Give people goals to work towards that take time, but can eventually be completed by anyone who gives enough of a fuck. A bad example of this is rep-grinds, because they are just that, grinds. Legendary quest chains have been done and they have worked well enough. If they could just get rid of the grinds in these as well that would help a lot. Replace them with more milestone goals like clear all mythics, find some hidden stuff, other things that aren't doing the same stuff over and over again.

See, not that hard is it. This is even a pretty shit example, but still accessible to everyone while those who spend more time would reach goals sooner. As it should be. Right now you're basically just buying a lottery ticket every time you go into a dungeon or open an emmisary chest, a very cheap and downright shitty solution which has left me really disappointed in Legion.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2016-09-19 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platscha View Post
    Was talking about your overall argument that players who have less time playing (don't want to use "Casual") should get the same loot. Of course they shouldn't.
    Also nice strawman.
    "Hurr durr stupid neckbeards nolifing getting better gear than me reeeee"
    You're not making any sense. I am not the one who says "Hurr durr stupid neckbeards nolifing getting better gear than me reeeee". Just to make it all more salty, I already have a legendary so you won't hear me say stuff like that

Yeah, that guy who did 500 heroic dungeons and didn't get a legendary sure as hell shouldn't feel like he deserves it more than someone who runs 3 heroics a week right?
    This got answered in the first reply. Entitlement at it's finest.

It's not about that. It's the principle that Working towards something should Pay off!

The harder you work, the more you get back, it's a principle that applies to real life and that should apply to the game too.

How can you possibly say it's fair that a guy who did 500 dungeons should be less rewarded than a guy who did 5?

Are you also saying LFR should drop the same gear as Mythic raids? Should Mythic raiders not gett better loot?
    this principle is acceptable when you do an activity that isn't an hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

As it turns out, surprise, surprise, rewards ARE rewarded to those who in put in the most effort.

To put it into perspective: If it takes you 100 heroics on average to get a legendary, for every guy who got it in 1, there are 99 who didn't. At the same time, the guy who runs 100 has a 63% chance of having got his.

What is affecting you is that in running 100 heroics, you are going to, on average, see 4 legendaries drop for the other people in your group, leading you to the belief that you are just unlucky. What you forget is that other 396 players who got nothing.

Because if someone devotes a lot of time to something that usually rewards them for that investment, it's rather annoying to see that system change so that their dedication isn't rewarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    Are you one of those people who also think rare mounts should be removed once a new raid tier is released?

@qunaquna80:
    I'd put it in the trade window for a while and never press trade. People should be happy for someone, not claim it was 'meant to be their loot' or they 'need it more than you'.
    Well, not really, having them 1 % is okay as it most of the time take a lot of effort to farm them at 1%.

- - - Updated - - -

I absolutely disagree with you here. Hobby or not, it should not matter, as some people take this game VERY seriously.

Some guilds require you to sacrifice any real life activity to attend, meaning if you miss 1 raid you are out.

Hobby to you.
    Serious hobby to me, like a big interest that take a lot of my time.
    More or less their life to some people.

People look at this game differently so applying real life situations works very well, and "more effort, more rewards" therefore become very reasonable.

Deleted
    the fact that it is a videogame has no relevance at all. One of the pillars of the mmorpgs is hard work and dedication gets you the most progress, this RNG bullshit has defilied it all, you're just blind on the truth because you want the best items in the game even if you can't afford to spend much time like many others do, that is the definition of entitlement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    You're not making any sense. I am not the one who says "Hurr durr stupid neckbeards nolifing getting better gear than me reeeee". Just to make it all more salty, I already have a legendary so you won't hear me say stuff like that

This got answered in the first reply. Entitlement at it's finest.
    Tell me, how does someone who plays wayyy more not deserve a better chance at getting the best loot? Of course you feel more entitled to get a legendary if you do way more content.
    I also have to add that you are really good at dodging questions.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would work by NOT having the legendaries DROP AT ALL. They are instead rewards from achievements or long quest chains or something instead. Rewards from great farming.

Lets say for instance: "Complete 100 Mythic Dungeons" achievement, that rewards 1 legendary item. That takes 10 weeks if you complete all 10 weekly. Which is VERY reasonable for a LEGENDARY.

And a much better system than random drop.
    There are plenty of rewards which work that way. And that is fine. But there is merit in having random drops.

The biggest advantage is that it means that anyone can hope for a legendary drop, no matter how little they participate, thus giving an incentive to try for it. If some person is able to do only 2 heroics a month, then they may as well give up and not bother at all because they won't ever get to 100. In the end the guy who is actually doing 100 is still far more likely to land a legendary though.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    As it turns out, surprise, surprise, rewards ARE rewarded to those who in put in the most effort.

To put it into perspective: If it takes you 100 heroics on average to get a legendary, for every guy who got it in 1, there are 99 who didn't. At the same time, the guy who runs 100 has a 63% chance of having got his.

What is affecting you is that in running 100 heroics, you are going to, on average, see 4 legendaries drop for the other people in your group, leading you to the belief that you are just unlucky. What you forget is that other 396 players who got nothing.
    Bull. The way the game works now it's entirely possible for even the most dedicated of players to go without a legendary throughout the expansion. It's unlikely, but the fact that it's possible while that other guy who plays 2 hours a week could potentially get his the minute he turns 110 is completely unacceptable. Hell, I just cleared 28 mythics and I've not seen one fucking relic, one of the casuals in our guild got 3 after 5 and he hasn't even unlocked his 3rd slot. It's through and through a shit way of handling end-game rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not really, having them 1 % is okay as it most of the time take a lot of effort to farm them at 1%.
    But how about lets say Ashes of Al'ar, Kael drops in more or less one global cooldown nowadays. I wouldn't call that effort.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Answering the title: whether you are happy or not about something nice happening to an stranger has more to do about your own personality and philosophy than about the game itself. Some people can be happy when somebody else gets a good grade, is promoted at their job, wins the lottery etc. while some simply don't care or are jealous.

To all the "deserving" legendary talk: it's RNG, in other words: luck. If you run 300 heroics, you have a higher chance to get a legendary, but you don't deserve it more than someone who has only done 5 heroics. This is not a prize, it's a lottery.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me, how does someone who plays wayyy more not deserve a better chance at getting the best loot? Of course you feel more entitled to get a legendary if you do way more content.
    They do have a better chance at getting the best loot....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    There are plenty of rewards which work that way. And that is fine. But there is merit in having random drops.

The biggest advantage is that it means that anyone can hope for a legendary drop, no matter how little they participate, thus giving an incentive to try for it. If some person is able to do only 2 heroics a month, then they may as well give up and not bother at all because they won't ever get to 100. In the end the guy who is actually doing 100 is still far more likely to land a legendary though.
    Yes, it gives incentive to try. But this shows that Blizzard chose to focus on the "casuals" so to speak, in order to get more people to play the game etc. It's on the other hand extremly unfair to the more loyal and dedicated players.

It's a quanitity over quality situation that benefit Blizzard economically, which is really sad. But money rules the world, even this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck does that really happen? Every time I think this newer generation of gamers can't get any worse...

I'm surprised you can trade it. Then again it'd be pretty shitty if you got a duplicate (if that's even possible) and someone else could use it.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy