Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You did miss something, yes, which makes your hate-quotes around "lore" seem pretty silly. None of Legion's lore has been any worse than WoW lore in general.

Anyway, apparently you blanked out during the conversation in the pre-expansion quest where Magni explicitly says that Azeroth is a baby titan (something people had been theorizing since forever). Elune OTOH, does seem to be a Naaru. Not sure if that info is new to this expansion, again it's been theorized for a long time.
    Yep you are correct thanks for clearing that up. I was all sorts of confused. Not sure where you got "hate quotes" from (are those also hate quotes??) but yea, it was the elune being a naaru that confused me the most, that was the first time i have heard that, and then further confused myself mixing up naaru with baby titan. sorry.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    Yep you are correct thanks for clearing that up. I was all sorts of confused. Not sure where you got "hate quotes" from (are those also hate quotes??) but yea, it was the elune being a naaru that confused me the most, that was the first time i have heard that, and then further confused myself mixing up naaru with baby titan. sorry.
    Hate quote are when you put quotes around something to make it sound shit, not really what it claims to be - like "lore" instead of lore - there's no need for quotes around lore unless you think it's not really lore. I know some people do it without meaning that though!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post

Actually Elune did create the Naaru(that's just a theory even in the lore) so I would rather go with Elune beeing a Titan herself.
    the tear of elune unlocked the lights heart, that only works if its directly related to it.
    hence why we went to the exodar, so o'ros could unlock its knowledge because he was the last in the line of xe'ra.
    it definitely is not just a theory.

- - - Updated - - -
    does seem to be a Naaru
    she indeed is related to them but nowhere does it say what she actually is.
    she is more of a "Light Lord" rather than a naaru.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-09-19 at 01:16 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

None of the Horde races had any lore to justify Paladins, and Tauren were at least a good fit thematically, being the most noble race in the Horde.

Not gonna say the whole Sun Druid thing wasn't an asspull, but if Blizz wanted a second Horde Paladin race, I can see why they chose the Tauren.

Tauren Paladins make sense, they have enough lore behind them now.

If you want to hate on a race/class combo, look at Gnome Priests. I don't think Blizzard even bothered coming up with a lore reason for that aberration.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post

If you want to hate on a race/class combo, look at Gnome Priests. I don't think Blizzard even bothered coming up with a lore reason for that aberration.
    They are technically medics, learning the light from Dwarves and Humans just to heal. As with most things Gnome, the answer is pretty simple.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Its more about a cultural/historical thing.in theory every race that can be Priest and warrior can be a paladin.

In the night elf society they valor more archery then melee combat,you can see that the Priestess of the Moon are Hunter/Priests,however that is not a class since they are the only race that has this class combination.

Every race can be any class,however its very unlike that we see a number of GOOD Tauren Warlock in lore that justifies a playable class.Or a Orc priest.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Let's petition Blizzard to make this happen. Night Elf Paladin would be fun. I hope it happens in a patch and not a future expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    i read the lore even made a holycow just to see it first hand... doesn't mean i think it was a good idea or like it... Undead pallies made more sense at the time, LK was dead thus light returning to some fallen paladins, etc.... my opinion of course blizz thought other wise.
    Undead paladins literally make the least sense to ever be Paladins, alongside Goblins and Worgen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    They'd have to give their spells a blueish light effect instead of that golden one (they won't do that) and maybe rename some of the abilities (they won't do that either). But overall it is fitting that Nighelves can be something akin to Paladins.

Actually Elune did create the Naaru(that's just a theory even in the lore) so I would rather go with Elune beeing a Titan herself.
    I think Elune is a "Light Lord"; a sort of counterpart to the Void Lords in the Shadow.

As they create the Old Gods, she created the Naaru. It goes along with the idea that I've read before that Elune is Azeroth's only true god. It may well be that other "Light Lords" have taken other worlds throughout the Great Dark as their personal domains to watch over.

Just some ideas I got from reading the Chronicles book and some of the lore I've run across in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post

people get far to hung up on the gameplay mechanics vs the actual lore explanations. Gnome Priests as Lore are more like combat Medics. using Technology which harnesses the light to heal etc.

Shadow priests aren't hard to explain because well... everyone is corruptible by the void.

Deleted
    Why should the Horde get a paladin race in return? Paladins are the Alliance class more or less. Yet there's almost more shamans in the Alliance than paladins. The Horde can get another class-race combo like tauren mages (Grimtotem have mages) or orc priest (neophytes) for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, in WoD players could get a Pandaren DK and that's not about to be a playable class/race anytime soon, so I wouldn't read too much into it.
    True, but that Pandaren DK had no backstory. This NE Paladin does to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Not gonna say the whole Sun Druid thing wasn't an asspull, but if Blizz wanted a second Horde Paladin race, I can see why they chose the Tauren.
    Somewhere, someone is laughing their ass off in disbelief that they actually managed to get holy cows into world of warcraft. Twice.

As for me... what I would like to see is them remove all race restrictions from classes, taking a page from Everquest 2. We, as the PC's, are supposed to be the exceptional (and the story is now pushing us that way, since we're apparently the figurehead for this latest 'zomg the world is gonna end' plot device.). Trying to force people who are supposed to be exceptional into traditional molds is bad story telling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    At least Night Elf Paladins would make more sense than Tauren paladins.
    Literally every race would make more sense than Tauren for paladins.
    RIGHT!?
    nelf: we've always used the light, but never as a paladin. lets try that shit
    tauren: hey guys, that sun thing exists, lets use it? maybe?
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Why should the Horde get a paladin race in return? Paladins are the Alliance class more or less. Yet there's almost more shamans in the Alliance than paladins. The Horde can get another class-race combo like tauren mages (Grimtotem have mages) or orc priest (neophytes) for the Horde.
    well, because shamanism is a horde thing, yet, the alliance get 3 races for it and horde only 2 paladins, horde have like 5 shaman choices and alliance 3 paladins, this is all wrong, im for 3 shamans and 5 paladins for alliance, and 3 paladins and 5 shamans for horde,to have balance, but if horde get another paladin should be for a new race, not the current ones

Orc should be druids imo, better option lore-wise and for gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Any time I see someone say this, I can instantly tell they either didn't read the lore as to why Sunwalkers exist, or are just not smart enough to understand it.
    They didnt even have priests. They added both at the same time. How does it make any sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    They didnt even have priests. They added both at the same time. How does it make any sense?
    Because they had Tauren that weren't Warriors that also also worship An'she? I mean if you have trouble understanding the simple concept of Tauren Priests/Paladins I'm not sure how i can explain it in any simpler way for you without doing a crayon picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead Paladins before anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was always a fan of the concept of Night Elf Paladins. I don't get why some people think it's so strange. There's Sunwalkers, Night Elf Paladins can be knights for Elune.

That being said, I cannot stand the idea of an Undead Paladin. Horrible aesthetically and kills the Paladin vibe in my opinion. Once Undead can be Paladins, they should just remove all class/race combo restrictions altogether because that's got to be the least fitting combination.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"