Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Popularity of DH put you off playing?

As title. I really enjoy playing my demon hunter but I get put off with how many I see out and about in the world. Does this put off anyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    It really shouldn't. Most will stop playing soon enough.

Make your own mind. Do you like it because of the hype? Perhaps that's the problem.

Otherwise, it shouldn't bother you.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    I'm playing a DH and I've not actually seen that many recently. There was a lot of us in the pre-patch, but seems like people are flowing back to their mains, probably because momentum is a bit of a pain the ass to play and there are better options for tanking.

7+ Year Old Account
    We only have two DH mains for our raid group (including myself as tank). Everyone else is either on their previous mains, or found another class to enjoy.

Play what you enjoy imo

Deleted
    I've played one for the prepatch. I just find them incredibly dull to play.

I find it difficult to play on alts after having double jump and glide for so long.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks. I transferred my toons over to my rl friend's server and guild to play with them and the first thing he goes seeing I have a DH is "Uhhh, thought you were going to play something else." then I look at the roster and see a long list of DHs.

The big "problem" (not really a true problem) is that DHs are an instant 100 so someone doesn't feel like leveling a toon up or dropping 60$ on a boost they just roll one. At least in WoTLK DKs would have to suffer through 60-70 before Northrend and that deterred a few people even though leveling was super easy at launch for a DK and wasn't even that bad for anyone. These factors are going to inflate numbers. Class is overtuned now as well, everyone in my old guild, including one of the rLs rolled DH purely because of this and basically admitted it. That's fine but yeah, free 100+very powerful class right now and it double jumps, glides, uses glaives..bam.

I had this problem in WoTLK though, I wanted to play a DK badly but was deterred eventually due to the volume of people playing and how sour the populace was toward the class due to the new stigma. In this regard its not as bad for demon hunters now and I really love the class and don't want to put mine aside.
    Last edited by Lisa Frank Succubus; 2016-09-19 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    The problem with DH Havoc is that for the best DPS the best spec is with Momentum and it's super annoying to play all the time having to do rush or jump backwards you basically need momentum before any important damage skill because +20% damage is too good.

Vengeance is fine but I think there are better tanks.

Yes and no, there are a few factors that have me feeling a little regret. Melee DPS is more popular than it's ever been, and leather wearers in particular are very strong to boot. Plus there's the whole "new class, expansion class fantasy, start at 100" player boom to boot inflating the Demon Hunter population. Naturally the boom comes with the usual stigma of people who don't know how to play/play non-optimal builds.

Another thing is our flashiest abilities aren't great single target. I'd love LOVE First Blood to be viable so I can use Blade Dance on single target, it's SO cool looking. Same goes for Eye Beam, even with Anguish it's pretty meh damage single target but it looks absolutely dope. I think it's almost insulting that Throw Glaive, an incredibly boring skill with no unique animation, is an absurd source of our damage single target AND aoe. Speaking of AoE, Fury of the Illidari is really underwhelming. I thought for sure they'd change it just being a Ravager but here we are. It's also not fun to use, I've had enemies pulled away from my FotI so many times. Why couldn't it be Remorseless Winter esqe or something?

Plus there aren't any fucking glaive skins! Please add more! The idea of artifact weapons is super cool but only having like five skins for you to use is really lame, and there actually not being any weapon drops this expansion solidifies it. Glaives are the coolest looking weapons in the game right now and there's only a handful of them. Maybe next expansion...

P.S: How did they get away with Chaos Blades not having any animations? I'd love it to change your weapons to Warglaives of Azzinoth for the duration or at least SOMETHING visually to let me know I just used my damn 2 minute cooldown level 110 talent.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry about popularity for now. Apart from the fact that new people are rolling him and will soon go back to another class, the necessity of the momentum/fel rush mechanic is very, very discouraging for many players that will go back to their immobile classes (this will also get many people gkicked btw); risky play for middle of the pack DPS.

Some people might cry that DH is a two button spec but it is significantly more challenging than that, especially in a raid environment where a wrong fel rush = death.

Quote Originally Posted by Neronis View Post
    P.S: How did they get away with Chaos Blades not having any animations? I'd love it to change your weapons to Warglaives of Azzinoth for the duration or at least SOMETHING visually to let me know I just used my damn 2 minute cooldown level 110 talent.
    Agreed, CB should have ignited the blades with Fel Energies much more than the second skin.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2016-09-19 at 11:51 AM.

Everyone i know that went DH got put off by the fel rush playstyle.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing my Main is putting me off playing DH.

Deleted
    Not sure. DHs aren't as popular as I thought they would be. Nobody in our raid even thought about switching and the two DHs we have in our group right now are both new recruits.

I don't care at all. Why would it interest me what those other shmucks out there are doing. Especially at this stage in the game where I'm still largely busy with outdoor stuff etc.

But even if I was only doing instanced/group content any more, it still wouldn't have any effect on me if I was noticing that a lot of other people play the same class that I play. What do I care? Why would I let that dictate what I like to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveydave View Post
    As title. I really enjoy playing my demon hunter but I get put off with how many I see out and about in the world. Does this put off anyone else?
    I really don't care.
    I enjoy the tanking spec a lot, have fun with our gp as much as with our fantasy, and for dungeons I don't have trouble finding a spot the rare times I don't play with my guild / friends. There's no reason the fact a lot of other ppl play the class should affect me.

If anything, it's cool that people enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see that many. Rarely see any in dungeons I pug.

I see some in the open world, but I see all classes in the open world.

It doesn't put me off, just because there is a lot of us, doesn't mean everyone is good at them. I've been paired with a few havoc's that I can clearly tell have no idea how to play, and when I play havoc, I can always tell a bad tank.

If you enjoy a class, just play it.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

the high cost on their main spender actually keeps me from using mine at all

Deleted
    Not sure I see the problem. If the problem is getting into guilds/pugs, just get better. Both play- and gearwise. Sure the competition is harder in the way that you have many people playing your class. Still, most of these will be casuals who just loves being a DH, not much more. If the problem is that you dont feel unique or something similiar, i'd say that the answer will as to my first question. People wont mistake a top end hardcore mythic raider DH for a casual LFRdude.

Deleted
    Demon Hipster