Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platscha View Post
    Yeah, that guy who did 500 heroic dungeons and didn't get a legendary sure as hell shouldn't feel like he deserves it more than someone who runs 3 heroics a week right?
    But he doesn't? Each member of the group has an equal chance of getting the item they need every time they step into an instance. Nobody is accountable for your bad luck.

There's nothing wrong with legendaries, really. It's more reminiscent of how Wow used to award gear, if anything. Like in TBC, I wanted beserker's call so bad from Zul'Aman but it doesn't matter how badly i wanted it; it's still fair and right to give everybody their roll on the item, even if it means i lose every time. Even though the only place for it to drop is that one final boss, in that one single dungeon.

The person who plays more often rolls the dice more times, until the law of averages takes over and the item is theirs. In fact, i find it more desirable this way, because at least there's only one level of rng instead of bore-forging. And that the items have a unique identity, making other players want them, as shown in this and the numerous other threads complaining that the drops haven't gone in a person's favour.

I mean, at least people are talking about these items. Who cares about +5 ilvl for a slight int/mastery/crit/haste increase, when there's nothing more to think about than, did my ilvl go up?

When it does finally drop for you; that shit will make your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    It would work by NOT having the legendaries DROP AT ALL. They are instead rewards from achievements or long quest chains or something instead. Rewards from great farming.

Lets say for instance: "Complete 100 Mythic Dungeons" achievement, that rewards 1 legendary item. That takes 10 weeks if you complete all 10 weekly. Which is VERY reasonable for a LEGENDARY.

And a much better system than random drop.
    Yes, that is an option. I'm glad they didn't go for that, as I quite like the thrill of finding a super good drop. It also prolonges the usefulness of content. In your example, you'd most likely stop running mythics after those 100, as it offers nothing beneficial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    They do have a better chance at getting the best loot....
    No? The bad luck protection isn't currently in the game. If someone who did 500 heroics did one with someone who did 3, they whould have the same chance in that one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    But how about lets say Ashes of Al'ar, Kael drops in more or less one global cooldown nowadays. I wouldn't call that effort.
    nobody cares about mounts, we are talking about 5-10% character power here, not cosmetics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Yes, that is an option. I'm glad they didn't go for that, as I quite like the thrill of finding a super good drop. It also prolonges the usefulness of content. In your example, you'd most likely stop running mythics after those 100, as it offers nothing beneficial.
    the chance is so signifcantly low that you still won't do that 100 mythics anyway

Deleted
    people who are happy for other (random) people, who achieve "something" through luck, are failures.
    If your perception of reality and justice is so flawed that you are genuinely happy for a person that got something by pure luck you surely have lost the grasp of what it means to achieve something.
    I am happy and admire people that manage something through skill and dedication. Rank 1 arena title. Mythic world first. I am happy for those people because they push me to get better. I can't admire nor be happy for someone who has luck, because it is no measureable unit and isn't repeatable.

I agree though that you shouldn't bother other people or "hate" them. If someone I don't know gets a legendary then I simply don't care. I am not mad at them I am mad at blizzard for their failed system that is bottom tier trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    There are like 10 legendaries for each specc in the game to farm, so you always got a reason to keep going.

A guildie of mine has 3 legendaries on the same character, he's just been insanely lucky, can't believe it.

Yes, you can only equip 1 but still, some are better than others.

However, yes, a good drop is exciting, I agree.

Maybe they could add like

Every time you open a WQ reward box you get 0.5% ADDED Chance to the next legendary.
    Every time you kill an heroic boss you get 0.1% ADDED chance to the next legendary.
    Every time you kill an Mythic boss you get 0.5% ADDED.

etc etc

The game keeps track of this and eventually, the drop % becomes high enough meaning you CAN get a guaranteed drop after a while.
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2016-09-19 at 01:48 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Bull. The way the game works now it's entirely possible for even the most dedicated of players to go without a legendary throughout the expansion.
    They said they had implemented a bad luck protection system to prevent this. So you're wrong.

It's unlikely, but the fact that it's possible while that other guy who plays 2 hours a week could potentially get his the minute he turns 110 is completely unacceptable.
    Stop being melodramatic. 1% of players getting lucky the minute they turn 110 is not something that anyone with any sense should being whining about.

Hell, I just cleared 28 mythics and I've not seen one fucking relic, one of the casuals in our guild got 3 after 5 and he hasn't even unlocked his 3rd slot. It's through and through a shit way of handling end-game rewards.
    Just because it didn't turn out well for you doesn't make it a shit way of handling the rewards. Besides, get a grip, we're three weeks into the expansion and raids haven't even started. RNG as a reward system works well across a group of people over a substantial period of time and in the end you'll see the people getting the most rewards will be those who deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    people who are happy for other (random) people, who achieve "something" through luck, are failures.
    If your perception of reality and justice is so flawed that you are genuinely happy for a person that got something by pure luck you surely have lost the grasp of what it means to achieve something.
    I am happy and admire people that manage something through skill and dedication. Rank 1 arena title. Mythic world first. I am happy for those people because they push me to get better. I can't admire nor be happy for someone who has luck, because it is no measureable unit and isn't repeatable.

I agree though that you shouldn't bother other people or "hate" them. If someone I don't know gets a legendary then I simply don't care. I am not mad at them I am mad at blizzard for their failed system that is bottom tier trash.
    It doesn't take skill to get a legendary, but I can still have empathy towards a player and realize that HE just got really happy, and can be happy for him at the same time.
    I'd rather go down that path than be a bitter one like yourself.
    "Uæææ! The system is keeping us down!" <-- This is what you sound like.

There are like 10 legendaries for each specc in the game to farm, so you always got a reason to keep going.

A guildie of mine has 3 legendaries on the same character, he's just been insanely lucky, can't believe it.

However, yes, a good drop is exciting, I agree.

Maybe they could add like

Every time you open a WQ reward box you get 0.5% ADDED Chance to the next legendary.
    Every time you kill an heroic boss you get 0.1% ADDED chance to the next legendary.
    Every time you kill an Mythic boss you get 0.5% ADDED.

etc etc

The game keeps track of this and eventually, the drop % becomes high enough meaning you CAN get a guaranteed drop after a while.
    That would be a really stupid system...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    "I deserve it more because I actually have a job and contribute more to the economy opposed to the jobless guy who manages to do 500 heroic dungeons"

See what I did there
    yeah, tried to be clever but ended up falling flat on your face

that's like saying "im the best chef in the world, i should win an oscar"

you should getrewarded for the thing you put the effort in, not something completely unrelated :P
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-09-19 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    "I deserve it more because I actually have a job and contribute more to the economy opposed to the jobless guy who manages to do 500 heroic dungeons"

See what I did there
    This is actually a false equivalency though. If you invest more into your job and whatnot, you get the rewards for that. If I spend 10000hrs on another activity, that doesn't mean I would reap the rewards for another.

That's like saying I put more time into riding my skateboard so I should also be a good artist.

If someone does 500 dungeons in World of Warcraft and someone else does 3. And the person who does 3 gets a legendary... yeah - that's a bad reward structure.

However that's all slightly off topic, I'm always happy for people who get stuff. I just think it's hard not to get a bit salty when you've done it a lot more than them. A lot of the big rewards in Legion are RNG so that's a bit frustrating.

The harder you work, the more you get back, it's a principle that applies to real life and that should apply to the game too.
    Actually it doesn't always work like that. Maybe in school, but not in the real world. Mindlessly working 'hard' often doesn't reap rewards, people just take it for granted. If you wanna be successful 'tis all about strategy and politics in most organizations.

On topic...the legendarys are a good idea from the stand point that there is sure as hell no way I would be doing world quests or 5 mans otherwise. It's keeping me playing when I would have become bored. I don't give a flying fuck if someone else gets a legendary, I could not give a shit. My friend the other day said something like "Why does it pop up in guild chat when someone gets a legendary, just to rub it in." I'm like bitch please, rub it in? Why do you even care what happens to other people...

Whether Johnny Spackman from your guild gets a legendary or not doesn't affect your chances of getting one. Just keep rolling dem dice, I assure you, the overwhelming feels when you get one will make it worth it.

Welcome to the 21st century. Addiction gaming wooo!

Yeah but it also depends on your perception of what's important. Someone get's some stat upgrades out of a box in a video game. This isn't like life-changing shit. It's a game. I get where you're coming from. Rewards in a game should come from effort. I just want to make the point it's a lot easier to be happy for someone when it's something that doesn't really matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it gives incentive to try. But this shows that Blizzard chose to focus on the "casuals" so to speak, in order to get more people to play the game etc. It's on the other hand extremly unfair to the more loyal and dedicated players.
    Reality check time: Casuals deserve just as much attention from Blizzard as you do because they pay the same amount of hard earned money as you do. Hell I suspect a lot of casuals are casuals because they actually have to spend their time earning money to pay their own way, while a lot of people who have the sort of time to dedicate to be "loyal" and "dedicated" are living off some form of welfare. I really don't think you should be talking about unfair.

Besides which, the game does reward "loyal" and "dedicated" people more than casuals.

It's a quanitity over quality situation that benefit Blizzard economically, which is really sad. But money rules the world, even this game
    TBH I find your attitude sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanaar View Post
    But he doesn't? Each member of the group has an equal chance of getting the item they need every time they step into an instance. Nobody is accountable for your bad luck.

There's nothing wrong with legendaries, really. It's more reminiscent of how Wow used to award gear, if anything. Like in TBC, I wanted beserker's call so bad from Zul'Aman but it doesn't matter how badly i wanted it; it's still fair and right to give everybody their roll on the item, even if it means i lose every time. Even though the only place for it to drop is that one final boss, in that one single dungeon.

The person who plays more often rolls the dice more times, until the law of averages takes over and the item is theirs. In fact, i find it more desirable this way, because at least there's only one level of rng instead of bore-forging. And that the items have a unique identity, making other players want them, as shown in this and the numerous other threads complaining that the drops haven't gone in a person's favour.

I mean, at least people are talking about these items. Who cares about +5 ilvl for a slight int/mastery/crit/haste increase, when there's nothing more to think about than, did my ilvl go up?

When it does finally drop for you; that shit will make your day.
    This isn't remotely comparable to your example. We are talking about items that will decide wether or not you get into the mythic team, items that will be BiS for the next 3 years. You want to reach the 95 percentile in your class but didn't get the best legendary? Too bad, nothing you can do about it. If you had a main party back then, you could easily aim for that trinket, making it a controlled form of rng. Here, you have absolutely 0 control over it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platscha View Post
    No? The bad luck protection isn't currently in the game. If someone who did 500 heroics did one with someone who did 3, they whould have the same chance in that one.
    Yes. But that doesn't change the fact that statistically people who do 500 heroics are going to have roughly a 166 times greater chance of having a legendary than those who did 3. So while it's possible that some random person you group up with does get his on the first try, rest assured that a massive number of others won't see one at all the entire expansion.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    They said they had implemented a bad luck protection system to prevent this. So you're wrong.

Stop being melodramatic. 1% of players getting lucky the minute they turn 110 is not something that anyone with any sense should being whining about.

Just because it didn't turn out well for you doesn't make it a shit way of handling the rewards. Besides, get a grip, we're three weeks into the expansion and raids haven't even started. RNG as a reward system works well across a group of people over a substantial period of time and in the end you'll see the people getting the most rewards will be those who deserve it.
    You missed the point by pretty much what is even possible. I don't give a shit if I had been on the other end, the system is shit no matter how you want to look at it. There are no clear goals, nothing to really work for because whatever you do you end up praying for luck rather than actually earning a reward. Rep rewards are shit, there are no item upgrades to work towards, no huge quest chain or anything else that ends up in epic / legendary loot. It's all a lottery, and it's a lazy as fuck solution.

And as for the bad luck protection, unless that actually gets you to a 100% chance it could still happen, and from what I've seen there is no documentation of how it works at all. Might even be account wide for all you know, resulting in your alts getting the good stuff while your main is left hanging. With Blizzard that sounds more plausible than the more sensible solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah but it also depends on your perception of what's important. Someone get's some stat upgrades out of a box in a video game. This isn't like life-changing shit. It's a game. I get where you're coming from. Rewards in a game should come from effort. I just want to make the point it's a lot easier to be happy for someone when it's something that doesn't really matter that much in the grand scheme of things.
    that's a bit of a contradiction. for some people who love WoW a lot it is life changing shit. Maybe not by your definition of life chaning, but for them it may very well be.
    (you probably mean compared to a lottery win, yeah)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    It doesn't take skill to get a legendary, but I can still have empathy towards a player and realize that HE just got really happy, and can be happy for him at the same time.
    I'd rather go down that path than be a bitter one like yourself.
    "Uæææ! The system is keeping us down!" <-- This is what you sound like.
    whatever you think fits you best

Why would I be happy for a complete stranger?

I am happy and admire people that manage something through skill and dedication. Rank 1 arena title. Mythic world first. I am happy for those people because they push me to get better. I can't admire nor be happy for someone who has luck, because it is no measureable unit and isn't repeatable..
    You do know that no one is happy for someone who won something because they 'achieved something', right? As you talk about that and also throw in admiration. No one admires a person for luck. But people can be (and should be) genuinely happy for someone else when they are lucky and win something. It's called empathy.