Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    that's a bit of a contradiction. for some people who love WoW a lot it is life changing shit. Maybe not by your definition of life chaning, but for them it may very well be.
    (you probably mean compared to a lottery win, yeah)

- - - Updated - - -

whatever you think fits you best

It's fine dude, when you grow up you'll realize that you can be happy for other people without you gaining anything in return .
    Would be nice being 16 years old again!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platscha View Post
    We are talking about items that will decide wether or not you get into the mythic team,
    Ah, seems like you just struck the real issue. If mythic teams are dumping dedicated and loyal members because of RNG, then that points to a very serious problem with the mindset of that team. TBH if you're in such a group then you're probably better off finding another. If you happen to agree with their philosophy, then congratulations, you're part of the problem

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I think that it's neat when one drops, regardless of who gets it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    you seem to just want to start a flame war don't you ... iv looked at all of your posts and all you do is bitch about something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    It's fine dude, when you grow up you'll realize that you can be happy for other people without you gaining anything in return .
    Would be nice being 16 years old again!
    I'm 39 and I am happy for others.

Though I don't see the point in being happy for random people I don't know that got something by luck. This is something for failures that don't achieve something and life and want to appear like they are modern objective forward people who are likeable.

If a friend of mine, a beloved one, a person I know or a guildmate gets something then I can be happy for them. And if they get it done by skill or dedication then I can be really happy for them or even admire the work they put into it.

As for random people that get random things I couldn't care less. There are about 200000 people that got a legendary in WoW so far and I don't know all of them. but hey you could go and be happy for them. Go on mate go be happy for them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Yes. But that doesn't change the fact that statistically people who do 500 heroics are going to have roughly a 166 times greater chance of having a legendary than those who did 3. So while it's possible that some random person you group up with does get his on the first try, rest assured that a massive number of others won't see one at all the entire expansion.
    I know, but the fact that they have the same chance for a legendary in that specific dungeon is bullshit.
    Blizzard should have already put the protection in, this randomeness + the second legendary bug will definitely have an impact on mythic raiding in the long run. Currently, people who nolife wow could end up with 0 legendarys until their Order Hall is fully upgraded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You do know that no one is happy for someone who won something because they 'achieved something', right? As you talk about that and also throw in admiration. No one admires a person for luck. But people can be (and should be) genuinely happy for someone else when they are lucky and win something. It's called empathy.
    I "should be" happy for every single random person that won something?

That would be a full time job. I simply don't care about them. I can't care about them. I can't know 'em all.

Too many people too little time.

You can go and be happy for them in my stead if you wish to waste your time buddy.

Deleted
    Ah, seems like you just struck the real issue. If mythic teams are dumping dedicated and loyal members because of RNG, then that points to a very serious problem with the mindset of that team. TBH if you're in such a group then you're probably better off finding another. If you happen to agree with their philosophy, then congratulations, you're part of the problem
    I don't know in what type of guild you are raiding, but I haven't seen a single serious mythic guild that doesn't act that way. People who actually want to progress will always pick the most viable player.

I'm 39 and I am happy for others.

Though I don't see the point in being happy for random people I don't know that got something by luck. This is something for failures that don't achieve something and life and want to appear like they are modern objective forward people who are likeable.

If a friend of mine, a beloved one, a person I know or a guildmate gets something then I can be happy for them. And if they get it done by skill or dedication then I can be really happy for them or even admire the work they put into it.

As for random people that get random things I couldn't care less. There are about 200000 people that got a legendary in WoW so far and I don't know all of them. but hey you could go and be happy for them. Go on mate go be happy for them
    Damn, 39? And you act THIS immature? Guess you had a rough childhood. Sorry about that .
    As for me being happy for others, I am!
    And I hope you will get less bitter with age, but you are already almost 40, so I guess that's a little too late...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    You missed the point by pretty much what is even possible. I don't give a shit if I had been on the other end, the system is shit no matter how you want to look at it.
    Nah, the system is great.

There are no clear goals, nothing to really work for because whatever you do you end up praying for luck rather than actually earning a reward. Rep rewards are shit, there are no item upgrades to work towards, no huge quest chain or anything else that ends up in epic / legendary loot. It's all a lottery
    You do have clear goals: Beat raid bosses. Before everyone else. Until that happens, do whatever you can (within reason) to up your chances of getting the legendaries. At the end of the day, even if you get bad luck, odds are that within a 20 man mythic team, things will balance out. You're just looking at your situation here and now and assuming the worst (ie that it will be months of 10 heroics a day before you get your legendary). Stop panicking and recognise that you're running a marathon. It's not won in the first stage.

and it's a lazy as fuck solution.
    Oh please.

And as for the bad luck protection, unless that actually gets you to a 100% chance it could still happen, and from what I've seen there is no documentation of how it works at all. Might even be account wide for all you know, resulting in your alts getting the good stuff while your main is left hanging. With Blizzard that sounds more plausible than the more sensible solution.
    So basically because you don't know how the system looks you've decided that Blizzard did something retarded. Great logic there. FYI I can guess at how it will be done based on what they did before. With the loot-coins in WoD they even kept a small counter so that you could see how much of an accumulated bad luck bonus you had accrued. And it was character based, not account based.

Also, I imagine it will work something like the trinkets from Mythics in WoD. Every single person I know of who dedicated a decent amount of effort to the endeavour landed up with a full set. Sure some took longer than others, but this ridiculous bad luck you seem to believe you are destined for didn't happen.

Deleted
    Damn, 39? And you act THIS immature? Guess you had a rough childhood. Sorry about that .
    As for me being happy for others, I am!
    And I hope you will get less bitter with age, but you are already almost 40, so I guess that's a little too late...
    you do realize you sound immature, insulting and salty in the face of me cold, objective and reasonable right?

I guess your post is much more insulting that you originally intended. Pretty weird for a positive guy like you who is happy for other people.

Deleted
    Lol really people sees a legendary droping for someone else and asks for it? Who could be so pauper to ask for it? Lol. I hope it happens to me so I can have a good laugh. I could even simulate to make the trade to round the trolling. Oh pleasse I want a wannabe ask a legendary from me. Pleasse pleasse!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know, but the fact that they have the same chance for a legendary in that specific dungeon is bullshit.
    Blizzard should have already put the protection in, this randomeness + the second legendary bug will definitely have an impact on mythic raiding in the long run. Currently, people who nolife wow could end up with 0 legendarys until their Order Hall is fully upgraded.
    No it's not bullshit. You're not entitled to anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reality check time: Casuals deserve just as much attention from Blizzard as you do because they pay the same amount of hard earned money as you do. Hell I suspect a lot of casuals are casuals because they actually have to spend their time earning money to pay their own way, while a lot of people who have the sort of time to dedicate to be "loyal" and "dedicated" are living off some form of welfare. I really don't think you should be talking about unfair.

Besides which, the game does reward "loyal" and "dedicated" people more than casuals.

TBH I find your attitude sad.

So, you are basically saying that there should not be any difficulty settings, no effort needed and no distinction at all on how good you are or how much you play?

Are you suggesting all gear should come from vendors and you get the gold for those vendors free as well?

To gear up and to get better is the fundamental aspect of any mmo-game. Who deserve to gear up the most? The hard working ones or the ones who barely play?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    "I deserve it more because I actually have a job and contribute more to the economy opposed to the jobless guy who manages to do 500 heroic dungeons"

See what I did there
    "The guy who does 500 heroic dungeons but doesn't have a job deserves to earn more money than the guy who has a job, because he uses more electricity."
    See what I did there

It never ends. And it's stupid.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No it's not bullshit. You're not entitled to anything.
    Why are you not entitled if you play more?
    Someone who goes to school 10 years longer than someone else also should be entitled to a better paying job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    That would be a really stupid system...
    Please, elaborate, WHY is this stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

BUT if Player A has cleared 100 dungeons and Player B cleared one dungeon, player A obviously deserve it more.
    um no... that's self entitlement.

you do realize you sound immature, insulting and salty in the face of me cold, objective and reasonable right?

I guess your post is much more insulting that you originally intended. Pretty weird for a positive guy like you who is happy for other people.
    Yeah, you were really objective linking that picture of me like it was going to be an insult :P.
    Dude, it's fine. One day you'll grow up to be a real boy, and finally then you'll see the world in another light!
    I mean, I'm happy that you are getting THIS riled up over a computer game. So I'm still following my happiness!

Deleted
    Yeah, you were really objective linking that picture of me like it was going to be an insult :P.
    Dude, it's fine. One day you'll grow up to be a real boy, and finally then you'll see the world in another light!
    I mean, I'm happy that you are getting THIS riled up over a computer game. So I'm still following my happiness!
    you are still salty, triggered and insulting. we may best leave it alltogether until you've calmed down a bit.