Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So again, since it's stupid to compare where's that UHDBR player in the PS4 slim at? We done? Thought so. Get a better argument next time instead of trying to blindly defend anything sony does to penny pinch at the cost of consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So again, since it's stupid to compare where's that UHDBR player in the PS4 slim at? We done? Thought so. Get a better argument next time instead of trying to blindly defend anything sony does to penny pinch at the cost of consumers.
    Last checked champ this is a thread about the Playstation 4 Pro not the slim. Want to bitch about what the slim lacks go make a thread for it. I am not blindly defending Sony you just don't like facts. I have made many threads and comments calling Sony out on there bullshit, You have even commented in said threads just to argue with me.

Once more not adding the UHDBR is a cost reason..........BUT NOT THE ONLY REASON. Like I have done said many times before, good chance there main reason is they want to max profit and guess what.....most company's do.

At this point tech I think you just fallow threads I make to argue with me, Not sure if its a fetish or crush but please stop I am taken

Edit: Good chance they didn't add the UHDBR to the slim because it would make the Pro look bad as well. Its almost like company's make choices bases on many reasons and not just one.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-16 at 03:08 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    *Pats his PC on the head*
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

PC plebs still talking about hardware age and other nonsense about the PS4 meanwhile they are selling beyond all expectations, customers are happy, all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Clearly you can't read. I never said it was a massive cost and nore did I said it was there only reason. But cost is a reason on why they didn't add it.

The CPU is a 30% boost and the GPU is 2x as powerful, Both being based on AMD's polaris new tech. Notice the word "NEW" because that means it isn't cheap. The hardware in the XB1S is over 5 years old and the system is just a refinement nothing more.

The XB1S is also supporting a 500gig HD at $300 and the Ps4 Pro is using a 1TB. There is many little things adding up to the cost. So if they added the UHDBR they would have to sell the system at $450 to receive profit if not a bit more.

Nether Microsoft nore Sony is going to sell there systems at a loss anymore. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they got data to back up the fact that barely any UHDBR's sell.

Yes comparing the Ps4 pro to XB1 S (Slim not Scrop) is stupid and anyone with half a brain realizes this. With how much they lost on the Ps3 I don't ever see them selling a system above $400 again but that's my opinion.

The XboxOne Slim is just a refinement.
    The Playstation 4 Pro is a true hardware boost.

There is many massive difference's between the two. But like normal tech I don't expect you to know what your talking about.
    Sony can use whatever excuse they want, they're still stupid for not putting a 4K bluray player in the PS4 Pro or new slim models. Giving people a console aimed at being used on a 4K TV but not giving them the option to actually use 4K blurays in the process has got to be one of the stupidest design decisions this console cycle. It's just Sony being Sony this generation. Aka, lazy and complacent and riding the waves from E3 2013 still. Really hope shit like this eventually comes back to bite them in the ass.....just like how Microsoft got complacent with the 360 as time went on, and Sony closed the distance on them.

I hope you understand that the TRUE 4K Movie weights about 30-160Gb (on average, depends on the movie's length) and there are almost no true 4k movies yet? 99% of the current "Blueray 4k" movies are 1080P/2x1080p upscaled to 4k, as far as I know.

Also, many countries don't even have infrastructure to stream a proper 1080P television, it will take another 5-10 years until 4k becomes something you should really consider.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-09-17 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I hope you understand that the TRUE 4K Movie weights about 30-160Gb (on average, depends on the movie's length) and there are almost no true 4k movies yet? 99% of the current "Blueray 4k" movies are 1080P/2x1080p upscaled to 4k, as far as I know.

Also, many countries don't even have infrastructure to stream a proper 1080P television, it will take another 5-10 years until 4k becomes something you should really consider.
    Not sure if this was directed at my comment or not. If so, then:

I fail to see how a 4K bluray player has anything to do with actually streaming 4K content? Native 4K content will always be superior to streamed content, so Sony using the excuse of "people just stream" is retarded in and of itself. Especially since large parts of their market don't even have the Internet speeds to even stream 4K content. Them not including the 4K player is just them being cheap and lazy.

If your comment wasn't directed at me, then ignore everything I said.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-09-18 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it cheap and lazy? Its a business choice, it keeps costs down (not by much I'm sure) and they don't believe the physical 4k market is worth including. There's nothing lazy about it.

Nobody cares about 4k content, it's still years away from not only being a buzzword used to missell consoles.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-09-18 at 09:45 AM.

Deleted
    i really want a ps four, and i only got a 32 inch tv. is it worth waiting for the pro? since i wont have k for anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    i really want a ps four, and i only got a 32 inch tv. is it worth waiting for the pro? since i wont have k for anytime soon
    Yes it is worth to go for Pro, simply because some/many games (like Tomb Raider) will have unlocked fps so PS4 Pro will run them FullHD (1080p) at 40-60fps. I guess many games will have unlocked fps in the future. I am buying PS4 Pro and I have fullHD 40 inch TV.

quote from maaany articles:
    1. A 4K30 FPS mode with HDR enabled that balances quality settings and frame rate,
    2. A 1080p30 mode with a locked frame rate and maximum eye candy,
    3. And a 1080p mode with an unlocked frame rate that’s expected to deliver 40-60 FPS.
    srouce: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/23...make-it-better
    But...if You totally don't care about the 1080p mode with unlocked frame rate, then just buy PS4 Slim and enjoy it while waiting for the next generation of consoles, which may also not happen, because they want to give new console models for today's generation each 2 years.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-09-18 at 11:00 AM.

Since I really only used my PS4 once in a great while I won't be getting this for now, I needed a 4K Blu-Ray player but they didn't include it so I just picked up the base Xbox One S for my 4KBRD's for now. People can claim physical media is dead all they want but it's the opposite of that and native 4K Blu's blow 4K streaming out of the water in terms of quality. I picked up a nice 4K TV this year and re-did my 7.1 AVR setup so I've been wanting a reasonably priced 4K Blu player and would've rather have bought the PS4 Pro but I guess not this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    People can claim physical media is dead all they want but it's the opposite of that
    Well, its not though is it, seeing as statistically physical sales continue to plummet while streaming revenue continues to climb.

Whether 4k DVDs are going to halt the continued decline in physical sales is a different subject. There will always be thoughs like Quentin Tarantino who '“ like something hard and tangible in my hand", so who knows.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-09-18 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Well, its not though is it, seeing as statistically physical sales continue to plummet while streaming revenue continues to climb.

Whether 4k DVDs are going to halt the continued decline in physical sales is a different subject. There will always be thoughs like Quentin Tarantino who '“ like something hard and tangible in my hand", so who knows.
    It's still a profitable business and 4K streaming is meh at best because the quality is really not that great plus atleast in the US a lot of people don't have the internet speeds to stream a steady 4K title off netflix and some barely get by for 1080p. Personally I have 100 down and 20 up but there's still a large chunk of people with shit speeds. I do agree that 4K Blu's is a niche area but for me it's a big part in why I grabbed a Xbox One S and not a PS4 Pro even though I already own both the PS4/Xbox One.

Personally I just enjoy a good home theater setup and I try to avoid streaming as much as possible for movies and anime.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thought this was coming out at least by March 2017 so I bought a 1 TB PS4 3 months ago as I got a good deal with 4 games. Did'nt expect it to release so soon. Should have waited for this, stupid me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji47 View Post
    Thought this was coming out at least by March 2017 so I bought a 1 TB PS4 3 months ago as I got a good deal with 4 games. Did'nt expect it to release so soon. Should have waited for this, stupid me.
    You can sell your ps4 or trade it in to get the pro. Rumors have been going around for over half a year now that it was coming out this year.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    As i stated earlier in this threat, im doubting between a PS4 and a PS4 Pro. The main concern i have is due to my TV being small. However, if i get a Sony VR at some point for the PS4, won't that make the TV obsolete for playing ps4 games?

As i stated earlier in this threat, im doubting between a PS4 and a PS4 Pro. The main concern i have is due to my TV being small. However, if i get a Sony VR at some point for the PS4, won't that make the TV obsolete for playing ps4 games?
    If you want to ware the headset every single time you play a game then ya kinda. The VR headset won't improve basic games at all.

If u don't already own a ps4 I highly recommend the pro over any other model.

The Pro has a 1TB hard drive and better hardware as well for $100 more (unless you buy used).

Trust me the hard drive space is needed, the slim only has 500gigs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you want to ware the headset every single time you play a game then ya kinda. The VR headset won't improve basic games at all.

If u don't already own a ps4 I highly recommend the pro over any other model.

The Pro has a 1TB hard drive and better hardware as well for $100 more (unless you buy used).

Trust me the hard drive space is needed, the slim only has 500gigs.
    I havent owned a console since the PS2, but back then you didn't need storage at all. Does that mean once you put a game in, you can store the game in its entirely on the ps4 and don't need to use the discs?

Also, i dont know what to expect with VR, but what ''screen size'' will you see?

I havent owned a console since the PS2, but back then you didn't need storage at all. Does that mean once you put a game in, you can store the game in its entirely on the ps4 and don't need to use the discs?

Also, i dont know what to expect with VR, but what ''screen size'' will you see?
    The VR headset displays two 1080p screens (one each eye) if I recall right.

As for the system you must install hardcopy's and then have the disk in to play them. The disk acts like a key and once you boot up the game it rarely spins the disk since its all installed. Digital copy's work the same as pc, but u can play them offline once installed.

Game size's can be quite large (30gig+) on installs not counting DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Since I really only used my PS4 once in a great while I won't be getting this for now, I needed a 4K Blu-Ray player but they didn't include it so I just picked up the base Xbox One S for my 4KBRD's for now. People can claim physical media is dead all they want but it's the opposite of that and native 4K Blu's blow 4K streaming out of the water in terms of quality. I picked up a nice 4K TV this year and re-did my 7.1 AVR setup so I've been wanting a reasonably priced 4K Blu player and would've rather have bought the PS4 Pro but I guess not this time around.
    I've noticed this going on. I've seen several people who are getting an Xbox One S over the PS4 Pro simply because it allows them to use 4K blurays, offers HDR as well, and can upscale their games to 4K resolution as well. Not to mention you can get it for $100 cheaper than a PS4 Pro. It may not be a huge number, but I guarantee Sony not offering the ability to play 4K blurays on a 4K console will lose them some sales.

Like I said earlier, regardless of their reasoning, not putting a 4K bluray player in their console designed for 4K TVs was pretty stupid, especially since it was shown that they could have easily included one fairly cheaply. The streaming comment is just a cop out for not including one, because a large portion of the world can't stream 4K content at all. It's just Sony making another idiotic decision like they've been doing over the past two years or so. Ever since their "high" at E3 2013, Sony has been getting lazy and complacent.