Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    Do not confuse specialization count with race/class combinations - there is a huge difference.
    dont think so tbh. both depends on lore. and we all know that blizz is flexible with it

Quote Originally Posted by bbbFury View Post
    dont think so tbh.
    If you honestly think Gnome Hunters are the same thing as Havoc, then you have a major intellect deficiency.

i'd rather have Scythe as a possible weapon of choice for Havoc/Vengeance.

Considering that artifacts are 1 weapon that can turn into two when equipped. i don't see why the artifact couldn't be only one weapon on certain Skins.

No need for third spec, i'd rather have the things we already got but better in the future patches/expansions. Metamorphosis is nice, but it should have been more like your character(Horns, blindfolds) or even a glyph to remove it and instead when you meta you go full dark skin with glowing tattoos. Idk just random ideas.

Point is: DHs are fine, they could be better. Adding a new spec wouldn't make it better, instead it would give another range of problems or things that aren't so great and you and someone else would be making a topic about how they didn't like that and wishes to change or something.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

We don't need a third spec, there are already enough range specs in the game and honestly, the difference between specs is getting harder to see nowadays, they don't feel unique and adding more is just overkill.

Deleted
    If you honestly think Gnome Hunters are the same thing as Havoc, then you have a major intellect deficiency.
    A well-mannered young man. Not to mention the pointless comparison.

Pretty sure they're going to do a 3rd spec that's Light-based to follow in Illidan's "Child of Light and Shadow" redemption arc story.

A well-mannered young man. Not to mention the pointless comparison.
    Guess who made the comparison first:
    I guess hunters where designed to not be playable as gnomes.
    Oh... Awkward...

Deleted
    Guess who made the comparison first:

Oh... Awkward...
    You didn´t get the point. I wont even try to explain it. It wont work.

You didn´t get the point.
    You have no point. You brought up a comparison, but when I flip it back on you it is suddenly a "pointless" comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Pretty sure they're going to do a 3rd spec that's Light-based to follow in Illidan's "Child of Light and Shadow" redemption arc story.
    What makes you certain? Insider information or random speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post

I doubt it. unless they make a healer out of it. and i don't think they will ever turn Illidan into a Healer. in his vision, he was an Angel-like destroyer of Demons(Illidan will become Imperius from Diablo lol).
    So, unless they decide to do a third DPS or Tank spec, i think all we gonna get is a cosmetic optional change to make our spells and appearance more Light-based. Angel wings, Brighter color, White/Gold Tattoos and stuff like that(If we get the option to have Diablo Angel wings, i would be pretty damn tempted to become Light-side DH. lol)

I Don't think a third spec will happen. i can only see a third spec as a Ranged-DPS, and blizzard probably have tought about it, but if they do a ranged DPS that uses fel/demonic magic, then why the hell do we have Warlocks for? Mighty as well delete Warlocks and give those 3 specs to DH already.
    Last edited by DeuZWw; 2016-09-19 at 02:51 PM.

A Light-side DH would be cool. As for a third spec as ranged I think Souleater could be done uniquely enough to separate it from Warlocks.

Perhaps a third spec based mainly on being a glaive master? More throwing of glaive abilities mixed in with some eye-beams and other ranged mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post

I doubt it. unless they make a healer out of it. and i don't think they will ever turn Illidan into a Healer. in his vision, he was an Angel-like destroyer of Demons(Illidan will become Imperius from Diablo lol).
    So, unless they decide to do a third DPS or Tank spec, i think all we gonna get is a cosmetic optional change to make our spells and appearance more Light-based. Angel wings, Brighter color, White/Gold Tattoos and stuff like that(If we get the option to have Diablo Angel wings, i would be pretty damn tempted to become Light-side DH. lol)

I Don't think a third spec will happen. i can only see a third spec as a Ranged-DPS, and blizzard probably have tought about it, but if they do a ranged DPS that uses fel/demonic magic, then why the hell do we have Warlocks for? Mighty as well delete Warlocks and give those 3 specs to DH already.
    God how I would love that. Yes, I know DHs are dark and demonic, but Diablo angel wings are something I always LOVED. And yes, it could work awesome for a "Redemption fel cleanse Demon Hunter" roleplay standpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trathos77 View Post
    We encounter Allari the Souleater. She uses a scythe and demonstrates a ranged like ability when taking the Shade of Akama.

How about a future third spec - Souleater - that is ranged and we use a scythe instead of the usual glaives?
    Right now the only reason why I'm not maining a DH is their lack of 3rd spec (and they're FoTM overplayed right now). If they are given a ranged DPS 3rd spec, I'll be all over them.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The game needs more ranged, no? A DH third spec would be an easy fix. There are some easy lore ways to make it happen. A few brainstorms:

Souleater - Based off Allari; maybe exclusively use scythes; warlock/shadow priest/mage type of class?
    Glaives - A lot of abilities based on throwing glaive
    Ranged demon - More demon like abilities to go with eye-beam ability
    Light-side DH - Illidan comes back and we become warriors of the light; healer potential; ranged Paladin-esque?

Hell, what are some crazier ideas? DHs recognize the need to advance the fight against the Legion and practice using bows?

Quote Originally Posted by Trathos77 View Post
    The game needs more ranged, no? A DH third spec would be an easy fix. There are some easy lore ways to make it happen. A few brainstorms:

Souleater - Based off Allari; maybe exclusively use scythes; warlock/shadow priest/mage type of class?
    Glaives - A lot of abilities based on throwing glaive
    Ranged demon - More demon like abilities to go with eye-beam ability
    Light-side DH - Illidan comes back and we become warriors of the light; healer potential; ranged Paladin-esque?

Hell, what are some crazier ideas? DHs recognize the need to advance the fight against the Legion and practice using bows?
    i think the problem at blizzard is not about having ideas about the lore and how. It's more about: "How do we do a third-spec who is ranged and it's unlike anything else in the game right now?"
    After question is answered: "So, why we don't get everything we just discussed for this spec and instead give it to another class/spec?"

For instance, using your examples:
    Souleater - You could just use Warlock Affliction some redesign for that. it's essentially the same. And we already eat Souls, we are pretty much souleaters even without a spec for it.
    Glaives - There was that idea with Hunters being able to throw Axes and Knives at some point. i think it was discarted because it wasn't that fun and looked silly to be throwing axes/knives that you almost couldn't see(much like arrows right now), with bow/crossbow/gun you at least have your weapon to see. Throw Glaive is cool, but only throwing glaives isn't that good(Plus: they should really update throw glaive to use your weapon model instead, or at least make it a Fel-energy warglaive so ti looks less silly).
    Ranged Demon - That would be basically Warlocks Demonology pre-legion, it's cool. But i think it would make much more sense to give it back to Warlock kit with a different metamorphosis form for warlocks.
    Light-side DH - as i stated before, i like the idea. But as a Cosmetic change. as you said yourself, would rather be able to Ranged Paladin as Holy. Or even some changes for priests to be able to DPS too.

Adding a new Spec means you have to balance the game with a new Wild Card. You can't just put new cards and expect everything to be just fine. And if you put a Card without something new, then it's even worth putting it into the game? Wouldn't be better to make the cards you have more awesome and fun to play instead?

But yes, it's possibly that DHs will be gettin a third spec someday, but i don't think that this wil happen anytime soon. DHs are fine enough the way it is, and my guesses would be that blizzard is working on new races for next expansion, and maybe more races for demon hunters. So we won't be seeing any new class/spec, instead they will probably give us a few new things for what we aready got, probably new artifact abilities along the expansion patches or something like that.

Also, after Mekkatorque awesome cinematic moment at broken shore i would be really excited for a Goblins and Gnomes expansion with a new Class that would ride Mechs around, that's probably the only thing that could ever make me thing of giving up Demon Hunters right now.

All that being said, i think that blizzard just get the feedback regards "third spec" and try to get what we want from a third spec and input into the two we already got instead. Wouldn't be suprised if Vengeance suddenly gets a Scythe for artifact appaerence.

I like the idea of an Arbalest spec, where the class loses some mobility but focuses on slow, heavy hits from crossbows (they'd also be able to use guns and bows for gameplay purposes). This would finally add another class that uses ranged weapons.