Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Emerald nightmare boss order?

hello everyone,

The Emerald Nightmare is Legion's first raid, opening this tuesday i was wondering was is the boss kill order?For the people who played on the beta, any easier boss?
    Any suggestion ?

Deleted
    You have to kill nythendra first, you get a choice between 4 bosses then cenarius then xavius.

Between nythendra and cenarius you have a choice of 4.

Depending on your difficulty and skill level you will want to pick different bosses.

ilgynoth is imo the easiest boss out of the 4.
    Elerethe renferal is next.
    Dragons of nightmare doesnt require lots of dps and healing but alot of execution due to the number of mechanics.
    Ursoc is more of a gear check fight than anything else. I would recommend this one last.
    Last edited by mmoc343814da7d; 2016-09-18 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    You have to kill nythendra first, you get a choice between 4 bosses then cenarius then xavius.

Between nythendra and cenarius you have a choice of 4.

Depending on your difficulty and skill level you will want to pick different bosses.

ilgynoth is imo the easiest boss out of the 4.
    Elerethe renferal is next.
    Dragons of nightmare doesnt require lots of dps and healing but alot of execution due to the number of mechanics.
    Ursoc is more of a gear check fight than anything else. I would recommend this one last.
    Ok thx a lot!

Deleted
    heart is mix between hfc assualt and blastfurnace from wod and seems to be easiest boss in the raid, elerethe and dragons are more challenging dragons i believe being hardest boss before cenarius and xavius, ursoc he will be easy or hard depending on your gear.

Ilygnoth seems easy but Icy Veins is saying that Elerethe is more forgiving despite being a "busier" fight. Anyone have any more comments with respect to these two bosses?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virond View Post
    Ilygnoth seems easy but Icy Veins is saying that Elerethe is more forgiving despite being a "busier" fight. Anyone have any more comments with respect to these two bosses?
    Elerethe is more positioning and debuff management. Where do you drop the green/purple debuffs? Tbh its more personal responsibility.

Ilygnoth is alot of priority add dps and killing adds at the right time. You need to kill the boss in 2 "inside" phases so damage isnt too tight. Just save cooldowns and lust for each one.

Anyone else have an opinion now that its been out a bit?

I saw a friend pug Il'gynoth early this morning, so it can't be that hard.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, our guild seems to have a problem with the "watch your debuff type" on the DPS folks, so we did it like this:
    Nythendra
    Dragons of Nightmare
    Ursoc
    Ilgynoth

We killed Ilgynoth just 5 min before raidtime ends so didn't check further but my understanding was that this was the best order if people are slow at responding to 'personal' debuffs.
    None of them was particularly tricky as soon as people got to see the fight.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Deleted
    Nythendra
    Dragons of Nightmare
    Ursoc
    Ilgynoth

^this i guess

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    We actually had most wipes on Il'gynoth. Weird.

Personally I feel the order should go..

Nyth
    Ursoc
    Dragons
    Elereth
    Ilgynoth

My guild 3-shot nythc, 1-shot Ursoc, 3-shot Ilgy, and then 3-shot Elereth - in that order.

The 4 in the middle seemed roughly equal in difficulty on heroic. Maybe something like:
    Dragons
    Il'gynoth
    Ursoc
    Elerethe

for the first week. Ursoc is the easiest mechanically, but the cacophonies were a little rough towards the end, so might as well pick up some gear from other bosses first. He'll probably be the first one done in later weeks. Elerethe was slightly harder than the other 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to start raids from the last boss and work towards the first.

OT: Nyth>Ursoc>Il>Elereth>Dragons>Cenarius>Xavius

Imo Nythendra - Ursoc - Il'gynoth - Dragons - Elereth. Idk why but I found Elereth the hardest, died one time because I got blown off even. It's funny to see that everyone thinks differently.

Unless you are undergeared, mechanics-wise:
    Ursoc
    Dragons of Nightmare
    Elerethe
    Ilgynoth

Though this is for Normal and Heroic. Mythic versions of these fights except Ursoc and Elerethe play-out rather differently.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, Ilg felt like it was very much undertuned, as did Dragons. They were incredibly easy on heroic
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

We went elerethe, ilgynoth, ursoc, dragons. On heroic.

For us, elerethe was probably took more work than the rest. The transition makes or breaks the fight. Ilgynoth was pretty easy. Ursoc is a dps check with proper healing cds. Finally, dragons wasn't all that bad, wiped maybe 4 times with 27 people.

On heroic for us, a pretty average guild so far:

1 wipe on Nythendra, 7 wipes on Il'gynoth, 5 wipes on Dragons, 9 wipes on Ursoc. 4/7 heroic.

We had a lot of tank deaths on Ursoc. Il'gynoth corruptor tentacles hurt a lot. Dragons was pretty easy.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-09-23 at 05:48 AM.