Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Constantine - I know it doesn't follow the comic book as well as people wanted, but it was pretty well done

Mr. & Mrs. Smith - It isn't a great movie, but it is a fun action comedy that is watchable whenever it pops up

i, Robot - This one always baffled me. Of course it doesn't match the "novel", the "novel" is collection of 9 short stories written over a period of a decade. It is a pretty solid action mystery movie that actually leverages a number of elements of the short stories and adds The Zeroth Law of Robotics that was hinted at in "The Evitable Conflict" (last short story in I, Robot) and expanded on in Robots and Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently watched The Hateful Eight and thought it was awesome but I watched it again with some friends and they said it sucked/was tarantinos weakest movie to date. I just don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft
    Ghostbusters (2016)
    Star Wars 1, 2, 3
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Supernatural religious are ok, but.. no to aliens?)

many more, but these are the top ones.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Waterworld.

Everyone seems to hate that movie so much and I don't understand why.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

Kingdom of Heaven
    Van Helsing (It's so campy, I love it.)
    The Hobbit trilogy.
    The Lost World

And just because so many people on this board seem to hate them:
    Star Wars Episode 7
    Warcraft
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2016-09-19 at 04:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymolo21 View Post
    Waterworld.

Everyone seems to hate that movie so much and I don't understand why.
    Because it is truly awful.

The story of it being made is pretty entertaining though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Warcraft
    Ghostbusters (2016)
    Star Wars 1, 2, 3
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Supernatural religious are ok, but.. no to aliens?)

many more, but these are the top ones.
    Walking out of the theatre with my buddy we over hear people complaining about the aliens in the story and how it was better before. My buddy says to me, just loud enough for those people to hear, "I am so happy it was aliens, at least it's more believable."
    The aliens were not the reason Indiana Jones sucked the big one. Surviving a nuclear blast in a fridge, swinging through the trees to name a few. I am happy you enjoyed it but I never need to see it again.

Deleted
    The Revenant
    interstellar

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought of a good one:

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

I thought it was cheesy as fuck, but it was always meant to be, thus it was generally a decent film. The general populace seem to disagree...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Star Wars prequels come to mind, they are not as good as the originals but I'd take them over episode 7.

I didn't mind Spiderman 3 either, its not as good as 1 or 2 but its better than any of the Amazing Spiderman movies.

And Batman vs Superman... while it has its flaws, I'd still watch it over most Marvel movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I thought of a good one:

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

I thought it was cheesy as fuck, but it was always meant to be, thus it was generally a decent film. The general populace seem to disagree...
    Sky Captain is great! Was ages since I watched that one, thank you for reminding me

I really like "The girl next door", don't know if people hate it on general basis but I enjoy it due to goofiness and cute story
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Excalibur (1981) - Especially now that there has been other successful fantasy movies like Lord of the Rings people will come back to this movie and think it is crap.

The last battle always gets me in the feels.
    Man anybody who hates on Excalibur or Ladyhawke is gonna have a fight on their hands, I like my cheesy 80s fantasy movies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I've liked movies that have gotten a mixed reception, but I can't remember one that "everyone else" downright hated. Noah might be the one that fits that description the best.
    I also say Noah, I think that a lot of people just dislike the movie without understanding the symbolism that Darren Aronofsky ties when trying to combine the creation/evolution theories. It was really interesting to see a perspective that mixes religious belives with science facts using the dialogue and sound as the religous way to express itself and the visuals to support the scientific perspective.

Is like when you know that along history, religious belives evolve to adapt the mentallity of the people and this movies nails it becouse it is trying to adapt the evolution theory with an extract of the Genesis. Wich I think is really interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFCXHr8aKDk
    Last edited by mmoc6be59f45c9; 2016-09-22 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft
    Watchmen
    BvS

hobo with a shotgun

The Mist - People around me HATED the ending, I loved the entire movie and ESPECIALLY the ending. So much better than the book ending.
    Eagle Eye - Not sure why people dislike it really, it's pretty stellar.
    Disturbia - Same thing here, I really enjoy the story and the characters
    Constantine - One of those movies I watched without hope, ended up loving.
    Lovely Bones - Beautiful movie

Transformers - All of them.

Howard the Duck

It was only later in life that I came to realize people actually didn't like this movie. I've watched it a dozen times easily, growing up.

The Place Beyond the Pines

Birdman

Into the Wild

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The Star Wars prequels come to mind, they are not as good as the originals but I'd take them over episode 7
    You mean Episode 4.2?