Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I sometimes feel like everyone is playing a different game than me. When I'm in a random PUG and someone gets a huge upgrade (can't comment on legendaries since I haven't seen one drop, but I've seen plenty of titanforged drops), people in the group usually say nothing or say "grats" in chat.

Not sure if it's the time of day I play, the region I'm in, or what, but I rarely ever see salty "give me" comments or anything like that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Well, blame Blizzard for a strange and poorly designed RNG system.

The system is extremly unfair and broken. Rewards should come to those who put in most effort.

Yes, if you kill a boss, you might put in same effort that boss!

BUT if Player A has cleared 100 dungeons and Player B cleared one dungeon, player A obviously deserve it more.
    No they don't.

It isn't about deserving or undeserving... its about random!

Random is... random.

Its the lottery.

You might think the guy that has played the lottery every week twice a week for the last 50 years might be "deserving" of a win and a payout... but he isn't.

The new mom that won a huge pot last week... may have only ever bought a lottery ticket one other time.

What about the people that play the lottery and REALLY do NEED the money? Are they more deserving because of their need?

Does Player B only get to have a chance at a legendary once all the other random Player A's that have played more have their own legendary?

I think people forget just how random getting a legendary really is/was. There are some people who ran MC over and over and over (who still run it) who have never seen a binding drop for them. While there are others who decide on a whim that they think they might like to have a Thunderfury for fun... and hop into MC and it drops.

Or people like me that have tried for years for twin glaives of azzinoth from BT... and yet there was a demonhunter who managed to get both before Legion was released.

(1) Legendary items are not necessary/required for progression
    (2) They are supposed to be for fun... an extra little boost for the people you play with

So lets stop bitching about legendary items, and RNG... and you can get back to those things that ARE locked behind a skill cap and/or time sink. Not everything in this game has to be that way... and legendary items aren't one of them... get over it.

Deleted
    Mass guilds with hundreds of people who said gz with every achievement popin up made "gz" look like bad annoying casual crap. It's something you have addons for. If your addon doesn't say gz you are elite and do not have to put you on same level as people in said guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    And I told you that it is not true. Because that is not at all how legendaries work right now.
    No, this is exactly how legendarys work, if a guy that did 500 heroics queued with a guy that did 2, they have the same chance to get the legendary in that dungeon.

Epic Maths fail buddy. I did NOT say that. The guy who plays 10 more has 10 times the chance.
    Nice dodging, you know exactly that I meant per dungeon.

Yes that is what I said. But I do not think it means what you think it means.
    All this dodging.

Being more entitled to the legendary simply means that he deserves it more than the guy who played less. It does not mean that the guy who plays less does not deserve a legendary at all. It also doesn't mean that the guy who plays more should be guaranteed to get it before other people. It simply means that on average people who play more should collectively get more legendaries than people who play less. Plenty of space for a few statistical outliers though.
    Which is what I've been saying this whole thread?
    If you play you should passively gain +% on your chance to drop a legendary on every activity that rewards legendarys (ie dungeons, wq etc.). This way people who play more will be more likely to gain a legendary, yet people who play less will still have an even playing field.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually afraid to use my resto specialization to get gear since I main enhancement... god forbid I accidentally get a restoration legendary that I'll NEVER use because I don't heal in my raids. Knowing my luck that's what will happen though.

Well, blame Blizzard for a strange and poorly designed RNG system.

The system is extremly unfair and broken. Rewards should come to those who put in most effort.

Yes, if you kill a boss, you might put in same effort that boss!

BUT if Player A has cleared 100 dungeons and Player B cleared one dungeon, player A obviously deserve it more.
    Deserves?No, you only "deserve" a fair chance at getting one...RNG is a bitch but everyone has the same chance.
    You do not "deserve" them.
    Entitlement rears it's ugly mug once again.

Deleted
    Because they feel they waited long enough for one.

Seeing everyone else get something they worked really hard for is only fun the first 50 times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's not what, "even playing field" means.
    Why not? Everyone starts from the same base chance.

It's not about that. It's the principle that Working towards something should Pay off!

The harder you work, the more you get back, it's a principle that applies to real life and that should apply to the game too.

How can you possibly say it's fair that a guy who did 500 dungeons should be less rewarded than a guy who did 5?

Are you also saying LFR should drop the same gear as Mythic raids? Should Mythic raiders not gett better loot?
    Based on your opinion, quite possibly. What if one guy did three months straight of LFR and another guy comes in and does two weeks of mythics. Who put in more time and effort? Who played more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    I'm actually afraid to use my resto specialization to get gear since I main enhancement... god forbid I accidentally get a restoration legendary that I'll NEVER use because I don't heal in my raids. Knowing my luck that's what will happen though.
    Hah was just thinking about this yesterday. I always play with arms loot priority on even if I'm playing Prot. No idea if this effects legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Platscha View Post
    No, this is exactly how legendarys work, if a guy that did 500 heroics queued with a guy that did 2, they have the same chance to get the legendary in that dungeon.

Nice dodging, you know exactly that I meant per dungeon.

All this dodging.

Which is what I've been saying this whole thread?
    If you play you should passively gain +% on your chance to drop a legendary on every activity that rewards legendarys (ie dungeons, wq etc.). This way people who play more will be more likely to gain a legendary, yet people who play less will still have an even playing field.
    Yea, its an awesome system. I play all the time running world quest, fishing, blacksmithing, and I've already gotten the legendary bracers. Of course a few Guilford who've been running mythic nonstop and still haven't gotten a thing may be slightly disgruntled since I haven't stepped foot in a mythic and very seldom ever do heroics, but I do play a lot more than them, so the system definitely works

Quote Originally Posted by Platscha View Post
    Yeah, that guy who did 500 heroic dungeons and didn't get a legendary sure as hell shouldn't feel like he deserves it more than someone who runs 3 heroics a week right?
    Oh you must be fun to be around /s

I know its a bit off topic but what pisses me off the most so far with the artifact system is my alt won an artifact when my main whom I play 90% of the time has yet to win anything. I am jealous of a stupid alt that I play..

Deleted
    because greed and envy is what guide a lot of people life

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    "I deserve it more because I actually have a job and contribute more to the economy opposed to the jobless guy who manages to do 500 heroic dungeons"

See what I did there
    Dumbest, most pointless and overused comment on the internet. Well done.

Do you need a hand to get off your high horse?

Deleted
    I see your point I just don't agree with it, there's space to be a good sport and be happy for someone else victories, in WoW like in sports or any other activities.

I also could be more agreeable on your perspective if the OP was talking about same guild group, if it's a random group you're not, or you should not be, in any kind of long term competition with them, as you're likely not gonna see them ever again.

Deleted
    It's less envy and - like I said before - the fact that those people are essentially your enemies. Opposing competitors. When they get a leg up on you, you should be the opposite of happy, really.
    But a lot of times they aren't? Even if you consider people who might "steal" your raid spot competition; unless you run dungeons only with a Premade group, chances are that the other people aren't even from your server - which already greatly reduces that risk. Plus, a quite big portion of players doesn't want to raid to begin with.
    I don't see why any of those would be your "enemies".

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they're someone you never see again, they're still closer to "competition" than anything else. They're certainly not friends. The only way they could ever appear in your life again is as an enemy in some way shape or form, and that's in the best case scenario of them being on another server or someone you'll otherwise likely not see again.
    That sounds like a very lonely way of looking at the game. Can't have that much competition

Deleted
    Even if they're someone you never see again, they're still closer to "competition" than anything else. They're certainly not friends. The only way they could ever appear in your life again is as an enemy in some way shape or form, and that's in the best case scenario of them being on another server or someone you'll otherwise likely not see again.
    that's one cynical view on life.

Why should I be happy for them? I'd rather just congratulate them and move on.

As far as players asking someone for their personal loot or winning roll, I can't fucking stand that shit. I recently had someone ask if I wanted a ring that dropped in my personal loot (it had the stats I needed and it was an ilvl upgrade). They didn't get a response.