Those of you who haven't simmed yourself I'd definitely encourage it, many of us are finding the stat suggestions in the OP are bogus... 845 ilvl 21% haste and crit/vers are already more valuable for me (25,000 iterations, 300sec length):

Quote Originally Posted by -Rufio- View Post
    so now that i've gotten Ashes to Ashes going the long way, which is next.

Any input?
    100% echo.
    Last edited by Torchbringer; 2016-09-19 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ruiizu View Post
    Am I crazy or was there a stealth nerf to Shield of Vengeance? The other day it was absorbing 800k according to the buff, last night it was reading 400k.

Also Divine Steed not being off GCD is really cancer. Imagine if Charge or Heroic Leap were on GCD.
    I heard somewhere that SoV might actually scale with attack power? So things like if you have Wings on or Trinket Procs might actually cause massive shields. I know the other day I popped a shield that was 80% of my life bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    snip
    Anybody who would be taking raiding at any serious level always takes the stat priorities with a HUGE grain of salt. It is ALWAYS best to sim your character consistently to get the correct stat priorities.

I know for a fact without even simming mine that haste will be much more valuable because I have been so unbelievably unlucky on mythic gear drops. Crit/Mastery on literally everything. Sigh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruiizu View Post
    Am I crazy or was there a stealth nerf to Shield of Vengeance? The other day it was absorbing 800k according to the buff, last night it was reading 400k.

Also Divine Steed not being off GCD is really cancer. Imagine if Charge or Heroic Leap were on GCD.
    noticed that one too.
    I am pretty sure that it was actually a stealth nerf - nice one btw a nerf that was much needed for ret....

Divine Steed being off the GCD is so unbelievably frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Haram View Post
    I think you mean on the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Haram View Post
    It sucks because when things move away, I have to wait a GCD before I can chase and then I'm already there before GCD is actually finished after using the ability. This is not an issue with Charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having leveled my Ret to 110, I can't bother leveling an arms warrior to have a chance at raids. If things don't get any better soon, cancelling my sub will be my best bet. For now, I want to give this a last chance before the initial wave of the incoming raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Those of you who haven't simmed yourself I'd definitely encourage it, many of us are finding the stat suggestions in the OP are bogus... 845 ilvl 21% haste and crit/vers are already more valuable for me (25,000 iterations, 300sec length):

100% echo.
    I've simmed myself but don't know how accurate the sims are for me. It sims my stats as vers -> Crit -> Mastery -> Haste.
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2016-09-19 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Haha overall other slots.
    What are you laughing about? Seriously hate players like you who don't appreciate how God dam rare legendaries are and cry about other items that are only mildly rare. I've had half a douzen trinkets just from work quests let alone the 50 odd heroics\mythics that I've done to get the trinkets I have.

Don't complain about something you can easily farm as bad RNG when you've gotten something that barely shows up even with extensive farming. It makes you appear like a 15 yr old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    What are you laughing about? Seriously hate players like you who don't appreciate how God dam rare legendaries are and cry about other items that are only mildly rare. I've had half a douzen trinkets just from work quests let alone the 50 odd heroics\mythics that I've done to get the trinkets I have.

Don't complain about something you can easily farm as bad RNG when you've gotten something that barely shows up even with extensive farming. It makes you appear like a 15 yr old.
    I think the only one who is acting like a 15 yr old is you. He seems to be pretty calm about it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I've simmed myself but don't know how accurate the sims are for me. It sims my stats as vers -> Crit -> Mastery -> Haste.
    <posting in the wrong thread>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think the only one who is acting like a 15 yr old is you. He seems to be pretty calm about it.
    He is complaining about RNG when he has already had a legendary drop. I'm pointing out that it's a childish thing to say "RNG has not been fair to me because I didn't get the x trinket I wanted"

You seem to imply calmness = age maturity. That's not what I'm saying. Complaining about how hard RNG has been to you when most others won't have even seen a legendary drop in their group is evident of a childish mind
    Last edited by Uurdz; 2016-09-19 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    I don't understand the obsession with SIMs for maximizing dps - maximizing mitigation is a better goal both for raids and 5mans (more mitigation allows healer to dps more which is often easily another 30k dps in my experience

- - - Updated - - -

He is complaining about RNG when he has already had a legendary drop. I'm pointing out that it's a childish thing to say "RNG has not been fair to me because I didn't get the x trinket I wanted"

You seem to imply calmness = age maturity. That's not what I'm saying. Complaining about how hard RNG has been to you when most others won't have even seen a legendary drop in their group is evident of a childish mind
    This guy is a troll, right?

This guy is a troll, right?
    Sorry! Thought this was the prot thread.

Any chance of this being updated? A lot of confusion/outdated info from pre patch on here. I want to at least have ret as a backup incase we don't need a ton of healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    Having leveled my Ret to 110, I can't bother leveling an arms warrior to have a chance at raids. If things don't get any better soon, cancelling my sub will be my best bet. For now, I want to give this a last chance before the initial wave of the incoming raids.
    One does not simply play Ret and expect to bring the dps. Ive been maining Pally for years now, but this time I rerolled to Fire Mage. Im loving it, atm im leveling my Outlaw Rogue and both are alot of fun to play - Ret on the other hand feels crap to play. I dont enjoy it, it smells bad and im tired of Ret always being the Walmart melee. So this time I just changed and im having so much fun.

after this recent HoValor run, I'm inclined not to bother with AoE as Ret whatsoever till I unlock all the DS-related talents along with AtA.
    Seems like it's no point, and DHammer... I want to like it for some reason, but it just.stalls.rotation. and kills all the flow.
    Might even swap from GJ to tFoJ.

Deleted
    We been lacking a consistent theorycrafting thread for months now. Mind that stat prios are quite fluent regarding talent combos and artifact traits and encounter options. Sol made the best effort so far by showing us the way talents work well together taking into account a st fight with a specific set of gear and full artifact traits. Grab whatever comes handy and save it and sim yourself on an encounter-to-encounter basis trying to work around talents and gear.
    Sad thing is u will be needing at least 30-40 mins of homework before entering an encounter just to be middle of the pack anyways...
    From what i found out simming me char is that however fluent haste can be it is actually your best go-to and then u can invest on other secondaries that are weirdly affected by the talent picks and the fight type.

Deleted

I wouldnt call them bogus, but i would definitely suggest that everyone sims for themselves!
    My stats are:
    Crit 21.91%
    Haste 26.56%
    Mastery 25.51%
    Versatility 2.32%

This is with elite skill selected:

And with good skill selected:

Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2016-09-19 at 11:53 PM.