Page 38 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    The APL isn't always optimized for on use trinkets so you can probably out perform the Horn of Valor sim by a little bit.. I don't see any haste trinkets at the top of my lists, most give huge chunks of Agility which is why they're up there.
    Bloodthirsty Instinct is a haste trinket and is shown as the go-to on both single and aoe in your Emerald Nightmare guide.

Any opinions on this trinket?:
    http://imgur.com/a/Z0buY
    Just got it from a VH mythic but not sure what to think of it. Currently swapping it out for Six Feather Fan on single target / aoe as the proc seems to AoE. Quite low proc rate tho as it seems

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Not even the one I have mentioned, Bloodthirsty Instinct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Bloodthirsty Instinct is a haste trinket and is shown as the go-to on both single and aoe in your Emerald Nightmare guide.
    BloodThirsty Instinct is an Agility trinket with a haste proc.

+1233 Agility
    Equip: Your melee attacks have a chance to increase your Haste by 3399 for 10 sec. This effect occurs more often against targets at low health.

Thats an Agility trinket.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

How good is the 6 piece Grandmasters? MrRobot is saying I should use it over some of my mastery pieces. Most of them are 840, one is 850.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    How good is the 6 piece Grandmasters? MrRobot is saying I should use it over some of my mastery pieces. Most of them are 840, one is 850.
    You have better items around the Mythic dungeons and such.
    And You want to spend Order Resourcers for the researches.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Should I go Serenity or Whirling Death Punch?

I am near 850 but wearing 847 due to secondary stats and set bonus, with the hands and shoulders from arcway/court of stars that proc mastery.

My best trinkets are still only the 835 world quest mastery trinket and either the 840 horn of valor or 840 tirathons betrayal or 830 Chaos Talisman.

Since Horn of Valor is probably the best option of these with the world trinket I am thinking that it gives additional boost to choosing Serenity because you can line up the trinket with Serenity.
    Also SEF seems to not work 100% correct at all times, spirits standing and not attacking, not copying Fists of Fury sometimes or not positioning so they hit as much as possible..

So ended up coughing up the $ to upgrade an infernal alch stone. It seems to be bugged though or the proc mechanic has changed drastically with Legion.

The 55s ICD doesn't seem to hold up as I've had overlapping procs (proc before the buff even wore off) and gone for 2+ minutes without a proc. Been playing around with serenity and boy can that talent be fun esp with the alch trinket when things are lining up.

When EN releases I'll probably go with WDP to start with as that is a more friendly talent to learn fights with I think whilst serenity is a talent that shines when you really know a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Should I go Serenity or Whirling Death Punch?

I am near 850 but wearing 847 due to secondary stats and set bonus, with the hands and shoulders from arcway/court of stars that proc mastery.

My best trinkets are still only the 835 world quest mastery trinket and either the 840 horn of valor or 840 tirathons betrayal or 830 Chaos Talisman.

Since Horn of Valor is probably the best option of these with the world trinket I am thinking that it gives additional boost to choosing Serenity because you can line up the trinket with Serenity.
    Also SEF seems to not work 100% correct at all times, spirits standing and not attacking, not copying Fists of Fury sometimes or not positioning so they hit as much as possible..
    http://www.walkingthewind.com/2016/0...y-quick-guide/

Wow the SotW nerf was pretty huge from my small testing on world quests
    EDIT: seems like a 50% to 60% nerf on secondary targets
    Last edited by Syld; 2016-09-20 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Wow the SotW nerf was pretty huge from my small testing on world quests
    EDIT: seems like a 50% to 60% nerf on secondary targets
    Wow, that's ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    It's funny to see people defending WW damage simply because raids aren't out yet.

WW will be nerfed next week before EM comes out. No other class comes close to their AoE damage besides DH. DH will get, at most, a slap on the wrist as they are the shiny new class.

Just because WW may be weak in a raid setting doesn't negate the fact that they are stupid strong in mythic dungeons. Mythic+ is now another environment Blizzard has to consider when balancing. Before it was Pvp and raids, now it's mythic+ as well.

Arms is way ahead in ST and will also get nerfed. There is no denying the damage some specs are doing.

Bottom line, WW will get nerfed, namely the CD or damage on artifact. As much as I love WW on beta and live, they will get nerfed on the tuning before Emerald Nightmare
    yep. just like i said. WW nerf was very big. DH nerf was a slap on the wrist
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

It now deals full damage to the primary target and splits extra damage amongst all enemies. Just like there old FoF.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    It now deals full damage to the primary target and splits extra damage amongst all enemies. Just like there old FoF.
    Splits damage or just reduced damage on secondary targets? Be specific.

Oh my, from what I am reading on the us forums it's wod all over again... Why didn't I main Rogue or DH? Why is Monk still my favorite class? I hate this!
    Last edited by mmoc7819529dd0; 2016-09-20 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kakadu View Post
    Splits damage or just reduced damage on secondary targets? Be specific.

Oh my, from what I am reading on the us forums it's wod all over again... Why didn't I main Rogue or DH? Why is Monk still my favorite class? I hate this!
    I think I was specific. 100% to the primary target. 100% split between all secondary targets represented by the formula (damage/(Total targets hit)).
    So if you hit 1 target, it's 100% total.
    If you hit two targets it's 100% primary+ 50% secondary.
    Three targets is 100% primary + 33% secondary+33% secondary
    So on and so forth.

So, it will never quite hit 200%. Just like old FoF.
    Last edited by FayrenPickpocket; 2016-09-20 at 07:42 PM.

Deleted
    Oh my... So it's basically dead. Just like they said on the forums. Thank you for your reply. Everyone who said it will be just a mild nerf was wrong. DH's get away easily and we get our main new shiny artifact ability gutted. And on this I spend more than seven days of my life. Not feeling good right now.

Oh my... So it's basically dead. Just like they said on the forums. Thank you for your reply. Everyone who said it will be just a mild nerf was wrong. DH's get away easily and we get our main new shiny artifact ability gutted. And on this I spend more than seven days of my life. Not feeling good right now.
    the sky was falling for beloved WWs

/s
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2016-09-24 at 06:01 PM.

What I wonder is how the devs didn't see this as a potential issue all this time on beta.

This seems like a significant nerf to our AoE, and more importantly our burst AoE. SOTWL feels extremely unsatisfying to cast against many targets. A ~40-60% damage reduction to secondary targets would've been preferable to this change. I worry WW DPS may scale poorly with the new SOTWL.

Quote Originally Posted by Faselol View Post
    This seems like a significant nerf to our AoE, and more importantly our burst AoE. SOTWL feels extremely unsatisfying to cast against many targets. A ~40-60% damage reduction to secondary targets would've been preferable to this change. I worry WW DPS may scale poorly with the new SOTWL.
    always has