I have 95% mastery and 7% haste right now as BM hunter and I'm planning to run mythic+. Is my haste too low?
    I'm planning to buy obliterium gear but I'm not sure whether to buy pure mastery or mastery/haste.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    What stat weights are you using for Emerald Nightmare? I see multiple posts listing priority. But nowhere can I find the weights. I'm gearing Mastery/Haste (as MM) but my raid leads would like to see the weights to justify my gearing decisions. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samira View Post
    What stat weights are you using for Emerald Nightmare? I see multiple posts listing priority. But nowhere can I find the weights. I'm gearing Mastery/Haste (as MM) but my raid leads would like to see the weights to justify my gearing decisions. Thanks!
    Azortharion's Pawn Strings
    Incase you don't have Pawn yet, click here.

So I fucked up the artifact trait path (MM), I went for Call of the Hunter first instead of Legacy of the Windrunners. Am I really screwed and should just reset it, or continue this way?

don't reset it just wait it out
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    If I do any content at somewhat competitive (top 5-10%) level, it will be mythic+ dungeons, and/or PVP. That's why I picked BM. I am not going to do any raiding beyond LFR.

The only thing I'm not sure of, is if I'm better off with single target relics/talents (killer cobra, 5% kill command relics) or if I'm better off going all in with AOE cleave (stampede+30% beast cleave relics) to truly maximize the strong point of the BM spec ? For mythic+ I wonder if hitting like a wed noodle with single target on boss fights is going to be a bigger loss of time versus the time gained for AOE on trash packs...
    It would probably pay off to go full AoE in your scenario. More time is going to be spent on trash in any case. Kill command is like 28% of BM total damage (pet+hati). Increasing it by 5% is a net gain of around 1.5% on single target damage. However, getting 10% boost to beast cleave means at least a 4% boost to 5 target damage even if you are not specced blink strikes. Basically, any fight with 3+ targets is better with beast cleave relics. At 2 targets they are roughly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by vandris View Post
    So I fucked up the artifact trait path (MM), I went for Call of the Hunter first instead of Legacy of the Windrunners. Am I really screwed and should just reset it, or continue this way?
    Wait... are you saying that you went toward Call of the Hunter along the right side first? Which is literally the worst path you could possibly start with? Like you didn't follow either Azor or my advice to go for Bullseye first? Or are you saying that you went for Bullseye first and instead of then going toward Legacy along Windrunner's Grace, you instead went up through Precision toward Call of the Hunter?

I've tried to show the dps increases of these options in my artifact guide image (reposted below):

If you went for CotH first, then you've committed a significant screw up that would require a reset which would lose you your next artifact level worth of AP investment. This is bad, but it's not as bad as it sounds with artifact research levels you should currently be at. I'm hoping you are saying you went to Bullseye first and then instead of going toward Legacy you went to CotH next up through Precision. If you did the latter, a reset is not necessary at all. You should just go for Legacy asap because that's 16k worth of dps vs the 5.5k dps that you get through CotH from that point (16 points invested in MM artifact).

You seem baffled, I get like 3-4 people asking me the same thing every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    I'm hoping you are saying you went to Bullseye first and then instead of going toward Legacy you went to CotH next up through Precision. If you did the latter, a reset is not necessary at all. You should just go for Legacy asap because that's 16k worth of dps vs the 5.5k dps that you get through CotH from that point (16 points invested in MM artifact).
    I messed up the 2nd "step" and went all the way up to CotH, instead of Legacy. A reset at this level would cost me 39k AP and at AK lvl 4 that's still a lot, so if I don't need to reset that is fine, though it still sucks.

Appreciate your thorough answer!

(Heavily considering the reset though)
    Last edited by vandris; 2016-09-19 at 07:01 PM.

Yesterday I realised I made the same mistake. Went for Call of the hunter after Bullseye. Now, asking 24k AP for reset...
    Think it's the visual thing - It has a yellow line leading from "Marked for Death" right up to Call of the hunter, and it's easy to fuck up people up, because people visually recognize yellow line as more important then green line...
    Last edited by marmil; 2016-09-19 at 06:21 PM.

So in MM i got crit - 30%, haste - 20%, mastery - 17%. i thinking about downing to 25% crit and up mastery
    Or the best choice craft items and go about crit -15, haste - 20, and mastery ~25+?
    Yeah i know that mastery best stat for us, but wouldn't be such situation - no crits while trueshot+rapid killing = useless? or we must use trueshot only <20% hp?

The images will become more colorblind friendly.

For anyone having a hard time visualizing the steps. Go to IV, under the artifact section there is 2.1: Recommended Path, and it lists out the talents to go for in the correct order.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suxbuu View Post
    I have 95% mastery and 7% haste right now as BM hunter and I'm planning to run mythic+. Is my haste too low?
    I'm planning to buy obliterium gear but I'm not sure whether to buy pure mastery or mastery/haste.
    I have 12% haste and 95% mastery and simming dropping a 1k mastery trinket for a 1k haste trinket on 6 targets, the haste trinket comes out ahead by about 1%. You can't reliably sim mythic+ really, the best you could possibly do would be an AoE sim or a weighted stat weight on the average of your single target and AoE dps, at any rate, without the sims I think anecdotally that it makes more sense to get more haste when you have so little haste and so much mastery, especially for mainly AoE activities where haste is more useful.

Why are people following colors when you just use the numbers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    You seem baffled, I get like 3-4 people asking me the same thing every day.
    I usually get the question that this guy is asking, but I thought he was actually saying that he went along the right path to CotH first, instead of going to Bullseye first. I've never had to give someone advice to fully reset an artifact. This would have been a first had he done that.

PTR Testing VoD for those interested. Not too stoked about the play on Odyn, but the Guarm pulls were quite good.

https://www.twitch.tv/azortharion/v/90269927

So what's the deal with mark of the hidden satyr? I'm hearing its bugged and resetting swing timers. What other neck enchant should we use?

15+ Year Old Account
    For the side spec artifact points in BM for mythic+ I just follow the layed out progression in the guide correct? Just double checking there isn't some specific layout for mythic+ before I invest points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    PTR Testing VoD for those interested. Not too stoked about the play on Odyn, but the Guarm pulls were quite good.

https://www.twitch.tv/azortharion/v/90269927
    I see that you switched on Black Arrow, checked the guide and its in but i dont see it in the rotation
    I suppose we simply have to cast it on cd but want to hear your advice on this !
    Thx !