Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    How hard would be to tank mythic dungeons and normal raids if every gear piece is from Havoc specialization so mostly Crit/Vers? Will be much harder than If I would set up loot for veng?
    Very fine. I do everything in as much vers/crit gear aas I can for max dps cuz nothing hits hard enough atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Very fine. I do everything in as much vers/crit gear aas I can for max dps cuz nothing hits hard enough atm.
    Why would you get vers over mastery for optimizing DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Why would you get vers over mastery?
    Vers gives basically same damage as Mastery does but is all reduction and better generally and crit is just way more damage than the rest of the stats. Also the extra healing is quite nice when you do such big pulls you actually spam 4-5 soul cleaves in a row due to infinite pain from 40+ mobs. I am going max crit > vers / mas but picking vers pieces if it was identical crit.

Actually never leaving combat as well kinda fucks mastery since its uptime is not very much when im always pulling with many mobs hitting me at all times outside when we get to a boss.

I mean if you are dying get more mastery but I have many sets of gear based on what im doing.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2016-09-19 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    because Vers is flat dmg increase while your mastery only increases your chaos dmg. and chaos dmg sources are limited. your main spender does physical dmg.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    because Vers is flat dmg increase while your mastery only increases your chaos dmg. and chaos dmg sources are limited. your main spender does physical dmg.
    Mastery increases attack power, so it definitely does affect all of your damage.

Maybe you're thinking of Havoc? But in Havoc's case, the issue is not that chaos damage is a small portion of your overall damage (and your main spender does do chaos damage), it's just that mastery is too expensive of a stat.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2016-09-19 at 06:49 PM.

So I just got the legendary cloak for tanking. Does this change anything?
    Like haste being worth more for survival as it gives magic reduction or something? Or is it still vers > haste for survival?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Mastery increases attack power, so it definitely does affect all of your damage.

Maybe you're thinking of Havoc? But in Havoc's case, the issue is not that chaos damage is a small portion of your overall damage (and your main spender does do chaos damage), it's just that mastery is too expensive of a stat.
    Attack power increases everything but Shear and Soul Cleave directly because the other skills we use are AP scaling but Soul Cleave and Shear don't. Soul Cleave is an insane amount of your damage on sustained aoe on large/long living packs that give you a lot of pain. AP doesn't 1-1 with Wep Damage its a %. You need something like 5.5 or 5.8 AP for 1 wep damage.

Mastery on short aoe burst will beat vers no doubt. The problem is if you do stupid massive pulls / never leave combat and DS isn't up for everything you want to be vers pulls ahead and ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    So I just got the legendary cloak for tanking. Does this change anything?
    Like haste being worth more for survival as it gives magic reduction or something? Or is it still vers > haste for survival?
    Stay with Vers > Has/Mas
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2016-09-19 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Hey there, i am currently 848 and preparing for raids. I went to look at the wowhead guide to have an idea of my BiS, and i see that be it trinkets or neck enchant , you advise to pick the armor ones. I thought i read armor sucked now since it did not give attack power anymore...

I see aswell that the stam flask is better than the agi one ?

I also would like to know what you think about spirit bomb ? I mainly used fel devasation for dps in heroics/mythics but on boss for the raid i think spirit bomb might be better, but i don't really understand how to use it, should i waste my souls on spirit bomb for dps and soul cleave time to time when heal is needed or just use it to maintain the debuff and spam soul cleave?

thanks and sorry for my poor english

So i have 3 trinkets that i'm having a hard time deciding on (for general survivability).

1). 845 agi/mastery with the on use dmg/stun (gift of radiance)
    2). 840 versatility with agi proc (pvp trinket)
    3). 840 versatility with on use 50% dmg reduction up to 514k dmg taken (Talisman of the cragshaper)

Would love some help on this since i have no fucking clue.

Looks like Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison just got nerfed to 15% instead of 20%.

Deleted
    1) and 2)

3) can replace 1) if you get destroyed by something for whatever reason and really need the cd but you shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    1) and 2)

3) can replace 1) if you get destroyed by something for whatever reason and really need the cd but you shouldn't
    Thank for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    Looks like Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison just got nerfed to 15% instead of 20%.
    That happened before Legion launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    That happened before Legion launched.
    Ahh OK, thank you. Yesterday was the first time I saw it in game.

I haven't been able to participate in Raid testing (no beta club), so I have a few question about content outside 5-mans.

Is Fracture/Soul Barrier really as bad as people are making it out to be? It feels like I have a ton more control about the damage I take
    outside of DS. If you don't take Fracture/SB do you just sit there Shearing with full Pain until you take a damage spike and then Soul Cleave?

I already don't know where to put all the Pain I'm generating so it feels like a waste not using Fracture (only Mythics so far) to spend it and use all the Soul Fragments I get on Soul Barrier (its up to ~900k with 5 orbs + the healing you get from orbs).

Also SB seems like a really convenient way to pick up orbs for FbP/Painbringer/the 80k heal per orb to smooth damage out, when you dont want to spend 60 Pain on SC.

Is Raid damage that spiky that you can't afford to build up orbs at all?

Edit: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    I haven't been able to participate in Raid testing (no beta club), so I have a few question about content outside 5-mans.

Is Fracture/Soul Barrier really as bad as people are making it out to be? It feels like I have a ton more control about the damage I take
    outside of DS. If you don't take Fracture/SB do you just sit there Shearing with full Pain until you take a damage spike and then Soul Cleave?

I already don't know where to put all the Pain I'm generating so it feels like a waste not using Fracture (only Mythics so far) to spend it and use all the Soul Fragments I get on Soul Barrier (its up to ~900k with 5 orbs + the healing you get from orbs).

Also SB seems like a really convenient way to pick up orbs for FbP/Painbringer/the 80k heal per orb to smooth damage out, when you dont want to spend 60 Pain on SC.

Is Raid damage that spiky that you can't afford to build up orbs at all?

Edit: Formatting
    It didn't feel that bad atm using the normal talents and just spamming soul cleave. Boss melees are giving ~30 pain as it is. I can soul cleave a metric fuck ton of times.

Last resort is way too good in the raid.

Soul Rending I am not so sure on in raids atm. Hard to say tbh.

I much prefer FtD, even in Raids; but I don't raid the high end, and that's where Munkky's info comes from. It just feels more stable and predictable to me, than the random heal procs.

To be clear: SB isn't bad. It just doesn't compare to a get out of jail free card.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

I hate to be one of those guys but I'm having doubts with my DH at the moment. He's not in that amazing gear just yet so it's not toooo late to reroll (if I choose to).

I'm Havoc/Vengeance balanced, but after finding out Havoc sucks quite a bit without fel rushing, I'm probably just going to go Vengeance.

Now... As mionelol has shown, vengeance is the #1 tank for solo, easily... but how is it for raids and mythic+? I'm casual so my main focus will be on mythic+ runs... is this something I can do easy with Vengeance? or am I better off getting my Arms/Prot Warrior ready to rock and roll?

I just got a [Coagulated Nightwell Residue] 875.

I got chrono shard at 845 (also got neck) and the trinket from VH 845 and socket.Worth replacing? even tho mastery is kinda bad the proc is like 1,5 mille absorb.

Deleted
    There's not much to discuss, mastery for mythic+, versatility for raids.

Mastery increases damage and healing by about the same as versatility with a slight favour to mastery, crunch the numbers yourself with 10000 mastery vs 10000 versatility.

Mastery is better for dungeons due to fights not lasting long, and versatility being better in raids due to fights lasting long.