Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

"Fury takes 30% more damage ! Unplayable !"

Did you know that we have a talent that makes it 20%? Great we can now continue with this number.
    Did you know that enrage is not active 100% of the time? Great we actually don't take this extra damage all the time.
    Did you know that we have about 30% more hp than everybody? Wow 30 - 20 = 10 ! We are actually tankier than most classes !
    Did you know we have a spell called "Commanding shout" ? Wow, we have a raid wide survivability buff !
    Did you know that bloodthirst heals you ? That is 4% of your health every 4 seconds and can restore a millions of health during a fight !
    Did you know we have "Enraged regeneration" ? Oh I've got an idea ! let's use this + Commanding shout at the same time for crazy damage reduction + then heal back up against an unavoidable burst mechanic !

The only time I died on my warrior is when the whole group died, so if it is unplayable to you, just, learn to play?

It's still a handicap that serves no purpose, and absolutely makes us take more healing. PvP is a ridiculous clusterfuck when it comes to Fury survivability. Bloodthirst healing equates to approximately 1%/sec. That's pretty shitty.

It also makes Warpaint a mandatory talent for group content.

People will always perceive it be more negative than it is, but there's zero reason for it to exist in the first place.

Deleted
    It's playable. It's just really shitty when it comes to damage and survivability during leveling compared to pretty much all of the other classes, all of which I at least have had the pleasure of already trying out at least a bit. It also doesn't seem to perform in dungeons as well as other classes, and most likely won't perform in raids well at all.

I have a feeling the OP may not have had the chance to try other DPS classes and specs out yet. Let alone how amazing prot is compared to fury in pretty much everything, including damage, and that's not because prot deals insane damage like for example vengeance.

Pointless rant from somebody who obviously has no clue about the game. Imagine if Enrage uptime is 50% (it's higher than that already, and just gonna increase with gear and tiersets). You take 10% (15% with no Warpaint) damage more than others already. For no reason. Spec is bottom tier atm. Why the hell does this ridiculous damage intake exist? Flavor before gameplay? This can't be healthy game design.

Did you know we have "Enraged regeneration"
    I believe those are called "defensive cooldowns". Other classes don't need to take more damage to have them.

Did you know that bloodthirst heals you ? That is 4% of your health every 4 seconds and can restore a millions of health during a fight!
    Too bad that people already have 2-2.5 KK health, so your MILLIONS is pointless sensationalist bullshit.

Did you know we have a spell called "Commanding shout" ? Wow, we have a raid wide survivability buff!
    See "defensive cooldowns" part.

Did you know that we have about 30% more hp than everybody? Wow 30 - 20 = 10 ! We are actually tankier than most classes !
    Seems like somebody doesn't know why tanks dont gem Stam. More health = harder to heal.

Did you know that we have a talent that makes it 20%? Great we can now continue with this number.
    I also love talents that are forced down my throat (actually not).

Shit post made by shit player. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwinger View Post
    Pointless rant from somebody who obviously has no clue about the game. Imagine if Enrage uptime is 50% (it's higher than that already, and just gonna increase with gear and tiersets). You take 10% (15% with no Warpaint) damage more than others already. For no reason. Spec is bottom tier atm. Why the hell does this ridiculous damage intake exist? Flavor before gameplay? This can't be healthy game design.

I believe those are called "defensive cooldowns". Other classes don't need to take more damage to have them.

Too bad that people already have 2-2.5 KK health, so your MILLIONS is pointless sensationalist bullshit.

See "defensive cooldowns" part.

Seems like somebody doesn't know why tanks dont gem Stam. More health = harder to heal.

I also love talents that are forced down my throat (actually not).

Shit post made by shit player. Shocking.
    lol bodied

Deleted
    Fury is not unplayable, it's just irritating that we have the stupid damage taken penalty when other specs perform just as well as us without similar drawbacks. Our selfhealing and ER are nothing special compared to the defensive capabilities of other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazdinger View Post
    Did you know that enrage is not active 100% of the time? Great we actually don't take this extra damage all the time.
    Did you know we have a spell called "Commanding shout" ? Wow, we have a raid wide survivability buff !
    Did you know that bloodthirst heals you ? That is 4% of your health every 4 seconds and can restore a millions of health during a fight !
    Did you know we have "Enraged regeneration" ? Oh I've got an idea ! let's use this + Commanding shout at the same time for crazy damage reduction + then heal back up against an unavoidable burst mechanic !

The only time I died on my warrior is when the whole group died, so if it is unplayable to you, just, learn to play?
    Do you always start and finish arguments with yourself? Does it get more straw man than not even having an actual person who said what you refute?

Quote Originally Posted by Khonorum View Post
    lol bodied
    I was thinking the same thing.

The OP must just be the only guy rocking out that big old 150k dps on trash packs in his dungeon groups and isn't dying so he thinks he has a clue?

The point is pretty simple - there are zero classes in the game other than warrior that have a mechanic that just arbitrarily makes them take more damage, and it's not like it's some Warlock shit where you're carefully balancing siphoning your health for mana back and then unloading some big ol' shit - but you don't have to do that necessarily. With fury? Enrage is the center/star/defining mechanic of the spec, and it isn't optional, and the uptime is significant, thus Fury takes considerably higher damage than other melee with.... what to make up for it? Middling damage? Because Arms not only blows fury out of the water right now, Fury isn't exactly optimal either, so there's not much reason to bring it - let alone justify that silly feature of enrage.

I mean, it'd be an entirely different story if fury warriors were like berserker units from fantasy RTS games - they take a lot of damage, but they also do a shit ton, so they're a classic high-risk, high-reward unit for an all-in. In WoW, classes are balanced, and Fury doesn't gain anything over other melee dps classes for the loss that is that silly mechanic.

Does that make them unplayable or useless? No, Arms does that just fine on its own.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Not sure if this is pure sarcasm or serious. Its so hard to tell these days.

It's a pointless handicap. If fury was pulling arms damage and topping the dps meters then it can be justified. But it's not. It a class I barely see in mythic dungeons and I bet same will be in raids. I can't wait to see how the dps logs will be looking for Fury tomorrow night when EN opens up. Oh wait you won't see any cause they'll be sitting out.
    Last edited by Vtai; 2016-09-19 at 07:53 PM.

It's not ''unplayable'', but it makes little sense.

Flavor wise, it doesn't fit the berserker fantasy. Aren't you to supposed to feel less pain when you go bersek, not more? Why would you take more damage? They could have gone for something more flavorful, such as staggering the damage taken ALA Brewmaster, or make it so you take less damage during Enrage, but take more a few seconds after exiting Enrage, to show how much it does take a toll on your body, just not right now.

Gameplay wise, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why does Fury take more damage during their burst period? Yes, we have ways to mitigate it, but guess what, many other classes also have (often better) ways to mitigate or heal damage, and they don't take extra damage in return. Pallies and Druids, for instance, have great self sustain, especially with talens, and they don't pay for it by taking more damage. Rogues can outright ignore many damaging mechanics, they don't take extra damage, cripes they even have a self heal almost as good as Enraged Regen on a 4 times shorter CD. DHs can, if talented, go into almost literal 100% Leech godmode for 30 seconds in Meta, they don't take 30% extra damage out of Meta.

And it's not like we do crazy damage to justify said Enrage penalty, either.

The only comparable spec trait in the game is Spriest's Surrender to Madness, which is 1) much more cool and flavorful, 2) a talent, 3) actually really damn powerful in raids. See, that's interesting, there's a trade-off. You are in danger of dying if you mess up, but in exchange you have the mother of all execute phases. That's decent design. The Enrage penalty is not.

It also completely kills Fury's PvP viability. Anyone half-decent PvPer will see you Enrage and burst you down before you can even use Raging Blow.

Did you know on top of Fury warrior taking more damage, ( PROTIP MORE HEALTH DOES NOT = DAMAGE REDUCTION ) it does almost half the DPS of an arms warrior, who not only DOESNT have the 30/20% more trait baked in BUT can talent to take 20% LESS damage.
    And your healing is only useful if you can actually use it. Bloodthirst is just as shit of a healing mechanic as leech is.

Deleted
    You guys are so pathetic that so funny, I'll let you know if I'm a burden to heal in my raid team, but yeah continue to be this negative. Oh yeah and I have about 600-1million dps and I always log at the 95 percentile so I know what I'm doing

Deleted
    1 million DPS? That's...impressive.

i never saw a healer noticing that i take more damage than others, but every time some healer say "are you in tank spec? you have so much more HP than others lol"

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are so pathetic that so funny, I'll let you know if I'm a burden to heal in my raid team, but yeah continue to be this negative. Oh yeah and I have about 600-1million dps and I always log at the 95 percentile so I know what I'm doing
    are you counting 7+ target AOE?

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    The point is pretty simple - there are zero classes in the game other than warrior that have a mechanic that just arbitrarily makes them take more damage
    That's actually not true.

Deleted
    Funny how some people try to shittalk on me, I already got my mythic raid spot and I'll enjoy playing while you will still be there trashtalking, don't worry about me
    Last edited by mmoc685c0896fc; 2016-09-19 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Except you can hold off on activating "Curse of the dreadblades" when you know unavoidable damage is coming, enrage is a purely random proc you have no control over...

PVP is a thing. Taking 20-30% more damage in PVP without some insane low CD defensives or great self-healing (nerfed by 50% in pvp) makes it unplayable in that realm. I dislike how these threads and whining about the whiners posts seem to pretend that aspect of the game doesn't exist. Yes, we've heard it endlessly, the extra damage taken isn't THAT much of a liability in PvE. It's absolutely unplayable in any sort of competitive PvP environment.

Regardless, anything is playable in WoW, anything is viable. The debate has always centered around are the advantages significant enough to make the tradeoff even? Some think yes, some think no. That's generally the point of having discussions and debates.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-09-19 at 08:43 PM.