10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I've always really liked Bad Juju as the go to patrol weapon. Mid range head shot monster that has infinite ammo and never has to reload. On the moon with all the fallen and hive especially you just never stop firing, though zalos supercell in strikes is a straight up mob lawnmower -at least it was when 290 was the good endgame base number. God knows how it is now with further infusions with the new light cap since i stopped playing after festival of the lost 2015.

-and hopefully FotL 2016 means we get some spooky decorations for armour, my shadow hunter is really falling behind in the activision edgelord race compared to overwatches Reaper and WoWs demon hunters
    I would like if the masks were more like Transmog gear. Where I can place it over my exotic helm.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Yeah i managed to get the permanent oryx and crota masks and they just sit in the bank. Maybe this year they revamp them and we can all join the hive

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i managed to get the permanent oryx and crota masks and they just sit in the bank. Maybe this year they revamp them and we can all join the hive
    That would be super rad.

I kept Xur and the Speaker. I would love for my Warlock to walk around with the face of The Speaker, and keep my stats.

Reading up on the plaguelands stuff while my currently 23gb to go snail 'broadband' downloads ont my PS4 and apparently they are adding Mimics into Destiny? thats rad.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is interested, there is a new event happening right now.

https://owlsector.bungie.net/#en

Basically, there is a transmittable buff that is infecting guardians. There are 5 of them you can get right now, and it seem they all increase XP and Rep gains. It is tied to the upcomming SIVA invasion.

But it is also being done as an ARG, which has the community going crazy trying to connect it to the lore to see what is really going on.

So I am excited for more Destiny but I haven't kept up with all the changes that are coming. I know there will be a new raid and strike but were any other noteworthy features announced (other than private matches), course I imagine there will be some secret stuff like they did with taken king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So I am excited for more Destiny but I haven't kept up with all the changes that are coming. I know there will be a new raid and strike but were any other noteworthy features announced (other than private matches), course I imagine there will be some secret stuff like they did with taken king.
    That is basically it. New Zone - The Plague Lands. and a new Social Hub, which is in the Plague Lands.

This DLC appears to be more Lore rich than the past ones. But we will see.

Off the top of my head:
    >New zone on earth called the Plaguelands, but the techno virus called SIVA is worming through all of the cosmodrome as well which is now deep in a winter blizzard and has changed as well
    >New ornament system so the same weapon or armour can look different based on the item the guardian has in the ornament slot on it
    >New pvp mode where a player killed drops a sort of engram worth a point value for a few seconds and you have to collect them to get points for your team
    >Forge of Archons is a new combination of prison of elders and the rune area in the dreadnought
    >New raid and strikes, and a remake of strikes like sepiks prime to fight a SIVA mutated 'speiks perfected'
    >like calcified fragments there are SIVA collectibles and SIVA infested weapons
    >all the events from last year like halloween are coming back but 'bigger'
    >SMG's have been datamined but not confirmed
    >Private matches
    >new ghosts everywhere including the pvp maps
    >light level increase with new weapons and armour to get including exotics for new slots like warlock boots
    >lots of stuff post 'base story' in the open world teasing something to do with rasputin and clovis bray being sold as "sleeper simulant style quests on steroids"

I'm doubtful they can support it in the longrun since TTK was amazing at launch but only the dedicated really stuck with it, but for £32 for the base game, all expansions and rise of iron i figured it was worth it since the TTK legendary edition in stores is still £35 before the stand alone cost of rise of iron. For that price i assume i will get at least a few months worth.

Especially since i'm probably going to delete my titan and start fresh with a second hunter. Love my warlock main but really enjoy the shadow hunter for pve and try as i might there isnt a titan spec i enjoy.

So after 2 days with it i've seen a lot of the changes this year and i think i may be switching mains from Warlock to Hunter for Rise of Iron. Shadow Hunter with the right gear just feels more fun than anything else in the game.
    Mechanics wise its funny how gears done a 180. Last time i played you got legendarys with shit stats and stockpiled blues with high stats to incrementally infuse a portion of them into the legendaries. Now legendarys dercypt at 300 and blues are all 240-250 and only good for armour materials now while infusions are a straight 1-1 so i used a 300 legendary i didnt want to upgrade a very underpowered exotic called Plan C to a 300 in a single infuson and now its my go to secondary for close combat fights.
    It was also nice to see a few new missions and at least one new strike has been added since i last played and lvl.41 prison of elders is a bit easy but its a nice change of pace.

Now just to get my Hunter up to crucible rank 3 and finish unlocking all of blademaster to be ready for Tuesday, sorry Warlock, but void bow with line grenades and smoke is too much fun.

To me nothing is more satisfying in this game than the nova bomb animation. Been using it since beta and I don't see myself switching.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm holding off on buying until more stuff pops up. Last xpac left me pretty salty and honestly with legion still fresh I'm not in a huge rush to buy it/get back into destiny.

Any new updates on a PC port?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I'm holding off on buying until more stuff pops up. Last xpac left me pretty salty and honestly with legion still fresh I'm not in a huge rush to buy it/get back into destiny.

Any new updates on a PC port?
    No news on a PC port.

I will try to post my impressions tomorrow as I play through the campaign. I took the day off for questing tomorrow. And I took off Friday for the raid. So i'll try to update you as I progress through things.

Well my vaults full of engrams thanks to everyone burning their skyburner beacon keys and popping 3 of coins together on the dreadnaught. Just finishing off the Bladedancer specs leveling -on the last bit now- and i'm good to go. Apparently the Virus event is ending and you can't contract it anymore, though my Hunter still has splendor and glory as of right now, but now to play the waiting game for 10am uk time and 3-6am us based on coast.
    I'm not expecting the greatest thing ever but i loved exploring the dreadnaught for its secrets for months and an earth in a blizzard is just what i want right now.

Though hopefully we get more mountains and forests in the future, that one PS3/4 map teases a woodland area i want for pve so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my vaults full of engrams thanks to everyone burning their skyburner beacon keys and popping 3 of coins together on the dreadnaught. Just finishing off the Bladedancer specs leveling -on the last bit now- and i'm good to go. Apparently the Virus event is ending and you can't contract it anymore, though my Hunter still has splendor and glory as of right now, but now to play the waiting game for 10am uk time and 3-6am us based on coast.
    I'm not expecting the greatest thing ever but i loved exploring the dreadnaught for its secrets for months and an earth in a blizzard is just what i want right now.

Though hopefully we get more mountains and forests in the future, that one PS3/4 map teases a woodland area i want for pve so bad.
    looks like you are good and prepared! Best of luck tomorrow!

This is gonna be the first Destiny DLC I didn't play at release. I haven't decided if I'll ever buy it or if I'll just wait for Destiny 2. I'm just too busy with WoW right now and Forza Horizon 3 comes out friday, so for now I'm putting Destiny off to the side.

and i forget i had a mission to see varicks and he just gives me a 320 taken sword. Neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    This is gonna be the first Destiny DLC I didn't play at release. I haven't decided if I'll ever buy it or if I'll just wait for Destiny 2. I'm just too busy with WoW right now and Forza Horizon 3 comes out friday, so for now I'm putting Destiny off to the side.
    As much of a die hard Forza fan as I am. I'm going to wait on Horizon 3. Not for any negative reasons. I just don't feel the need to rush to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    As much of a die hard Forza fan as I am. I'm going to wait on Horizon 3. Not for any negative reasons. I just don't feel the need to rush to it.
    I never got to play 1 or 2 at release, so I'm not missing my chance this time lol

I won't be buying the new expansion, seems like mostly same old same.

Still waiting for matchmaking at endgame in destiny anyway.

Hope everyone who gets it enjoys it

All they got to do is give NM raids and that one hard dungeon difficulty matchmaking and ill play again
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I never got to play 1 or 2 at release, so I'm not missing my chance this time lol
    Fair! I played the Horizon 3 demo, and I feel you are in for a treat. This appears to be the largest map yet, and the car roster looks huge!

It's bound to be a great game.