Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WoW bosses: "I will <do edgy violent thing to you> !"

Like enough of this shit already. Is it that hard to write decent dialogue

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget their favorite insult which has been kicked in to over drive this expansion. blah blah blah blah, fool!

They've definitely masted the technique of writing Saturday morning villains.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-09-19 at 07:51 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

The best is the dialogue between xavius and malfurion in DHT throughout the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You will burn." - Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    The best is the dialogue between xavius and malfurion in DHT throughout the dungeon.
    Psh Oakheart's "dad joke" tier lines are by far the best.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    "I will crush you!"
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Like enough of this shit already. Is it that hard to write decent dialogue
    You obviously haven't done all dungeons/raids.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    I like that too--Mal pretty much calls him a pussy through the entire thing by pointing out that hes too chickenshit to actually be there himself and just has his shade instead, and all Xavius does is basically tell him to stop. I can almost hear Mal rolling his eyes lol

On Topic, the funny thing is that as often as we hear threats like that from mobs and bosses, I found myself taking one seriously when my toon was freshly dinged in Highmountain.

I main an Outlaw rogue and was using the trinket off Archimonde that increased the damage of my 'Run Through' finishing move by 67%, so it was great to level with, then of course once i dinged combat became much harder when that was made inactive. So when a couple of Feltotem guys rushed me and one of them shouted "I'm gonna tear your arms off!" I was like...'Shit I think he means it' O.o
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2016-09-19 at 08:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Would you like them to recite english literature or something?

But yeah, you went and made another brainless whine thread. Good for you, I guess. How about some quality complaining at least? Is that too much to ask for? Look, for example:

Isn't it silly that the number 1 derogatory term in the vocabulary of WoW bosses seems to be "mortal"? It's kind of crazy how often you get called "mortal" by creatures you all end up killing sooner or later.

See. Put a little effort in it, add at least some wit or an interesting observation. Don't be a doink.

"Tits or GTFO" - mythic Gul'dan

Deleted
    What do you want them to say?

'We will throw pillows at you until you are smothered in the plushiness!'
    'Prepare yourself! I will brew the tastiest tea for you!'

Or

'You will suffer!'
    'I will drown you in pain!!'

I mean I'm all for decent dialogue in fights but after a while the long drawn out things like....

'The legion will wash over your world like a burning tide and scour or life from your world, there is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah'

All get so tiring after a while.

Deleted
    Die, insects!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post

But yeah, you went and made another brainless whine thread. Good for you, I guess. How about some quality complaining at least? Is that too much to ask for? Look, for example:

Isn't it silly that the number 1 derogatory term in the vocabulary of WoW bosses seems to be "mortal"? It's kind of crazy how often you get called "mortal" by creatures you all end up killing sooner or later.

See. Put a little effort in it, add at least some wit or an interesting observation. Don't be a doink.
    Hmm. What's worse? His legitimate criticisms about ridiculous dialogue, or your bitching about his criticisms?
    You shouldn't be this upset over a forum post on a video game fan site.

OP, I agree. I've found myself cringing or laughing at how shallow and cliche most of the dialogue is in Legion. Especially in the Illidan/Malfurian cutscenes. Both characters seem so overly one-dimensional.

Actually a lot of the lines in current dungeons are really good. As others mentioned DHT is a good example. I love the dialogue between malfurion and Xavius. Oakheart also says some funny shit.

I think at this point it's just tradition to have an end boss always say "you will burn!". At least if they're a burning legion boss.

Overall though the dialogue in legion is a lot better in dungeons. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    What do you want them to say?
    "Damnit." :P I've long lost my appreciation for boss speeches after Kael'thas and Lich King, in particular. I'm at the point where I wish they at least had a 'skip dialog' option.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    They don't have to be quoting Shakespeare but I wish they would be a little more original and way more intense with their writing rather than repeat what has been said for as long as I can remember with slight deviations. It's not just the villains either.

I want my jaw to drop when someone talks shit about me or gives a speech about hope rather than have my eyes nearly roll out of their sockets over how generic and meaningless they've become.

It's not all bad. The the Dungeon banter is fun but they really need to bring more than a thesaurus to the table when writing new characters.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You obviously haven't done all dungeons/raids.
    OP needs to run more Cata content, clearly.

BY FIRE... BE... BURNED!

Deleted
    Just classic villain nonsense. Why not send in to blizz some examples of what they could/should say?

I always liked the more obvious ones like 'what are you doing here?' and 'you piece of scum, how dare you enter my lair' etc.

you criticize blizzard's boss lines and don't provide new ideas in the post?

aren't you guilty of what you accuse blizzard? this is a very typical complaint post with nothing unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Hmm. What's worse? His legitimate criticisms about ridiculous dialogue, or your bitching about his criticisms?
    You shouldn't be this upset over a forum post on a video game fan site.
    Bolded the important part for you. Feeling better already?