Deleted

What's up with the Voidwalkers?

I haven't seen a single one in Legion's arsenal this expansion.

Does that have something to do with the new book? haven't read it
    Why aren't we seeing any Voidwalkers anymore?

As far as I know the voidwalkers aren't present because they're canonically tied to the void now, which is the Legion's enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

7+ Year Old Account
    I always assumed that voidwalkers and other void beings in the Burning Legion were used to "fight fire with fire", just like Demon Hunters use fell, so If voidwalkers were actual void condensed into a demon then it should be possible for the warlocks of the BL to control them, which should be possible since nowhere have we seen that fel+void=destruction, it's arcane+void that don't mix well/one is way more dominant.

Now you are talking about it, you are right. And Succubi seem to be pretty rare as well...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Now you are talking about it, you are right. And Succubi seem to be pretty rare as well...
    Going off of this, it might be that the new races they enslaved are just better than the previous they had.

Also, Legion invasion forces might be different than Legion elite forces that we've seen most of the time (smaller groups of stronger enemies).

Actually, now that I think of it have there ever been voidwalkers working with the legion? There were some in Helfire peninsula but they were there because of a dimensional rift. I've also seen some being used as summoned servants of NPC warlocks like members of the shadow council, but that doesn't mean they were doing it willingly. I don't think I've ever seen them act as servants of actual legion members like other demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voidwalkers aren't actual demons. They're just classified as such in-game for mechanics purposes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Real answer: Void is different from nether. We consider voidwalkers "demons" for gameplay but different origins! (DaveKosak)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Void creatures (Dimensius, particularly Voidwalkers, Darkened Naaru) are different than Demons. True or false?
    True! (AskCDev4)

The only example of a void creature tangentially related to the Burning Legion is Xhul'horac, but he was a minion of Gul'dan.

The Legion occasionally uses Voidwalkers, but they're not part of the Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The Legion occasionally uses Voidwalkers, but they're not part of the Legion.
    This has never been observed. It is merely presumed.

Deleted
    Thanks for the great answers. But I also noticed one and only void npc that legion uses and it's a void colored mob in the Violet Hold (Shadowy Overfiend) What's up with that? Did the developers accidentaly left him in the game? Since Violet Hold was one of the first dungs made in legion.
    Last edited by mmocad3e65e5d1; 2016-09-19 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'd imagine that just just like not every demon serves Sargeras so to does not every creature or denizen of the Void serve the Void Lords. There might be a few Void or Shadow beings that are loyal to the Legion because of a shared love of misery and destruction, or are simply unaffiliated and have been impressed into service by the the Legion commanders. Many demons also seem to have truck with the power of Shadow and the Void, from the Nathrezim to the Eredar they make use of Shadow where it suits their aims.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Thanks for the great answers. But I also noticed one and only void npc that legion uses and it's a void colored mob in the Violet Hold (Shadowy Overfiend) What's up with that? Did the developers accidentaly left him in the game? Since Violet Hold was one of the first dungs made in legion.
    Overfiends are demons. Probably related to Ered'ruin. Most of them are of the Fel variety though. This is the second that I recall that is purple (first one appearing in Shattrath, also first Overfiend you see in general IIRC). Though maybe there were more in Legion. And the purple ones, as the name of the Shattrath one (Shadowflame Terrorwalker) implies, are made of Shadowflame, not Void. And Shadowflame is "Fel infused with Shadow".

Quote Originally Posted by animeprime View Post
    Actually, now that I think of it have there ever been voidwalkers working with the legion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The only example of a void creature tangentially related to the Burning Legion is Xhul'horac, but he was a minion of Gul'dan.
    During Balnazzar's attack on Netherlight Temple at the end of Paladin/Priest Class Order campaign one of his lieutenants is a Voidlord called Torenai the Souleater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    During Balnazzar's attack on Netherlight Temple at the end of Paladin/Priest Class Order campaign one of his lieutenants is a Voidlord called Torenai the Souleater.
    Torenai should watch himself (itself?) or Allari will sue for Title infringement, said suit to take the form of being hacked apart with a scythe. But on topic there have been a few Legion lieutenants and generals who made use of Shadow/Void creatures - I believe there's a largish subset of them who are mercenary in nature and serve the Legion and another that are purely Void-aligned. Given the overall theme of Shadow and the Void I'd doubt there's a strong solidarity among its "natural" denizens - they probably serve or ally with those they think can best satisfy their appetites for chaos, misery, and destruction.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The legion are probably becoming more pensive about using them. We should keep in mind the void is in a direct war with the ethereals ever since TBC, and the Ethereals have either been losing or lost, badly. The void might be on the march.

We do have them appearing here and there, like Mehrunes stated.

Also there are succubi around, you see them in surumar and the Warlock class order has a bed area with them.

Deleted
    There is a captive void creature in Fel Hammer.

Also, I am almost quite sure that I fought some on my paladin during the campaign's finale.

So yes, while they are different, Warlocks summon them and even demon hunters battle them apparently.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-09-20 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Cool. Makes sense for nathrezim to have void minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Demons do use shadow too, they always have. Though you'd be forgiven for thinking they're all about green/fel, as they've been portrayed that way a alot recently.

Fire, Shadow and Fel - that's what demons are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Demons do use shadow too, they always have. Though you'd be forgiven for thinking they're all about green/fel, as they've been portrayed that way a alot recently.

Fire, Shadow and Fel - that's what demons are.
    Yeah, but it feels different. In Outland, there were Voids everywhere, but I guess that's because it was their natural habitat. I guess they are more like Legion's neutral allies, rather than minions.