Quote Originally Posted by Kelato View Post
    This is not true.
    Elaborate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Elaborate me.
    It's just 25% more damage to the Colossus Smash attack not the debuff itself.

Deleted
    You got 50% Tactician?
    Yup. got 840 and 845 relics with it. And one random 850. So my weapon is at 875. 77% mastery and 9.47% haste. Only thing missing is the 25% CS trait. The damage seems fine in 5 mans, for example Skovald I had an 1mil opener at him last night and when he died after 54 sec I had 390k DPS so I thought that would be an good amount. I mean yeah 1min fights yada yada. After testing it on dummy I realized it's kinda meh. I have to check simcraft and maybe try some other rotation changes.

Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    Yup. got 840 and 845 relics with it. And one random 850. So my weapon is at 875. 77% mastery and 9.47% haste. Only thing missing is the 25% CS trait. The damage seems fine in 5 mans, for example Skovald I had an 1mil opener at him last night and when he died after 54 sec I had 390k DPS so I thought that would be an good amount. I mean yeah 1min fights yada yada. After testing it on dummy I realized it's kinda meh. I have to check simcraft and maybe try some other rotation changes.
    what are your trinkets?

Im still figuring out which ones to take of the rather vast selection i happen to have gathered. just earlier i managed to snatch an 850 chaos talisman but it seemed meh for a 2 reasons, them being at pull you wont have full stacks so your burst is less than with other trinkets and the other being with chaos talisman you pretty much have to tunnel on boss or at the very least be able to instantly switch to an add preferably via charge (in the mythic dungeon i had shockwave so that was a problem).

i got nightmare egg shell 840 but it didnt do it for me too, but then again didnt test it a lot.

i got also a terrorbound nexus and as much as i love its awesome spell effect it really is more of an aoe trinket (but there it really rocks) then a single target pull burst trinket.

best burst i had was with gronntooth warhorn and later with 2 str/mastery even tho those 2 where 835 and 830.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    what are your trinkets?

Im still figuring out which ones to take of the rather vast selection i happen to have gathered. just earlier i managed to snatch an 850 chaos talisman but it seemed meh for a 2 reasons, them being at pull you wont have full stacks so your burst is less than with other trinkets and the other being with chaos talisman you pretty much have to tunnel on boss or at the very least be able to instantly switch to an add preferably via charge (in the mythic dungeon i had shockwave so that was a problem).

i got nightmare egg shell 840 but it didnt do it for me too, but then again didnt test it a lot.

i got also a terrorbound nexus and as much as i love its awesome spell effect it really is more of an aoe trinket (but there it really rocks) then a single target pull burst trinket.

best burst i had was with gronntooth warhorn and later with 2 str/mastery even tho those 2 where 835 and 830.
    I got the Horn and Chaos Talisman 830 and 840. I know they kinda suck. BiS iirc are Odyn's and terrorbound nexus. Odyn's drops only for prot specs so you have to switch your loot spec for him. No luck for me yet. There is also a new one in the raid with mastery maybe that's good aswell.

According to SimCraft I should be doing 307808 dps without any buffs. But this is with execute. execute is about 10% of the dmg so my dps isn't really that far off. Just have to get used to it more and get some more gear this week hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelato View Post
    It's just 25% more damage to the Colossus Smash attack not the debuff itself.
    Any confirmation that the increase is only to colossus smash attack and not the debuff?

Quote Originally Posted by giggboy View Post
    Any confirmation that the increase is only to colossus smash attack and not the debuff?
    I mean. It affects the tooltip damage by increasing it by 25%. It had nothing to do with the damage increase debuff. If its hidden, then that's a surprise to me but I'm fairly certain it just increases CS's damage by 25%.

It doesn't need any confirmation. It does not increase the debuff damage, only initial strike.

You see those pussy CS ability hits/crits you get, they become 25% larger, that's the only effect the talent has, has nothing to do with the strengh of the CS debuff.

That's why I banked all my AP after 16 points in preparation for either getting the Execute legendary ring or possible class changes. The FR nerf has already seen a big swing towards Execute in terms of Rage = Damage efficiency. I haven't done my sims around it yet because my PC died and I can't even play, but after 16 points the main reason you go for + WW damage and then + 25% CS damage is because you can also get the extra maximum rage directly following it, which is really very useful to avoid capping during your battle cry rage pool.

Otherwise I'd be Execute critical strikeseees baby please.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-09-19 at 09:39 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

If you had the legendary ring that gives you Sudden Death, would you use it when it procced or use it more as filler to avoid execute eating the Shattered Defenses buff?

Edit - After looking around it seems you do use it on proc (simplified)
    Last edited by GutsTheWarrior; 2016-09-19 at 11:32 PM.

I have 20 points in arms now (last i got was the 25% CS trait). I have lots of AP laying around since im quite unsure what to focus on now. Is the next traits (+ rage) important for arms or is it better to build up fury (got 13 atm) for those encounters where fury > arms in EN (if there are any, if so which?)

Quote Originally Posted by kaktus View Post
    I have 20 points in arms now (last i got was the 25% CS trait). I have lots of AP laying around since im quite unsure what to focus on now. Is the next traits (+ rage) important for arms or is it better to build up fury (got 13 atm) for those encounters where fury > arms in EN (if there are any, if so which?)
    You need to get fury to lvl 16 so battlecry lines up better with all your other abilities. The spec really feels unplayable without helya's wrath.

"Increases damage dealt by Colossus Smash by 25%."

The damage done during the smash window is not done by smash, so it is not increased.

15+ Year Old Account
    Big, big time. Get 50% Tactician and that 20th trait is a big DPS boost. It's 25% extra damage from all your abilities while CS is up on the enemy, basically! And 25% extra damage to CS. I thought it was a flat 25% damage to CS and that's it. But it adds an additional 25% to your Mastery!
    wow..now I regret not doing every single AP WQ..only 2 ranks away though.

ok after reading others posts...plz don't spread misinformation..
    Last edited by Ryxxi; 2016-09-20 at 03:45 AM.

Deleted
    Big, big time. Get 50% Tactician and that 20th trait is a big DPS boost. It's 25% extra damage from all your abilities while CS is up on the enemy, basically! And 25% extra damage to CS. I thought it was a flat 25% damage to CS and that's it. But it adds an additional 25% to your Mastery!

How do you actually even?

Quote Originally Posted by Kueson View Post
    "Increases damage dealt by Colossus Smash by 25%."

The damage done during the smash window is not done by smash, so it is not increased.
    Actually, if you proc tactician, a CS done with the CS debuff up gets its damage increased. With Focus in Battle, a CS with CS debuff up does more damage than a non FR MS.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdi View Post
    How do you actually even?
    What do you mean?

Also this is wrong on my behalf! The 20th trait just boosts a flat damage to CS. Please butcher me now ._.

Stop beating on this guy already jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Actually, if you proc tactician, a CS done with the CS debuff up gets its damage increased. With Focus in Battle, a CS with CS debuff up does more damage than a non FR MS.
    That's not what he's saying though. He's stating that Focus in Battle only increases damage done directly by CS, and has no bearing on the debuff, and he is correct.

• CS, cast by itself and with no preparation, does not buff itself. The buff is applied after the damage is done.
    • Focus in Battle increases the damage done by CS by 25%. Nothing else.
    • If CS is already applied and a new CS is cast, the damage buff will apply to CS which is buffed by Focus in Battle, but there is no "double-dipping" to speak of.

To give a numerical example:
    For simplicities sake, let's assume CS does 100 damage and its debuff increases damage done by 25%.
    • CS, cast by itself and with no preparation, will deal 100 damage and then apply a debuff which increases damage dealt by 25%.
    • Focus in Battle will cause that CS to instead deal 125 damage and then apply a debuff which increases damage dealt by 25%.
    • If CS is already applied and a new CS is cast, the combination would deal 156.25 damage.

100*25=125*25=156.25
    CS*FiB=Dmg*Buff=Total

Deleted
    Hi
    i need an advice...EtW relic 825 ilv is better than Mythic Deathblow (ilv 840) one?
    i'll lose 4 ilv on weapon that means less str..less max-dmg for reach 50% of EtW

tnx