Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Just because you exist doesn't mean you deserve shit. Unless you earned it, by being decent at the game and actually playing it, you have no fair right to jack shit.

This game is already giving way too much stuff to people who should be bottom tier and should know just how bottom tier they are.
    Spending more time on the game and spamming heroics has nothing to do with being decent at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradingus View Post
    You guys are a real headache, sometimes. Logic does not apply to these forums, at all.
    It's almost as if the people on this forum failed at basic statistics.

I am going to repeat something that was said a lot in this thread already, but I am going to simplify.

In WoW and most other MMO's, time spent does equal rewards. Especially with the bad roll protection that Blizzard has implemented.

Roll a 100 sided dice 1000 times, and you will eventually roll on 1. Ergo, the more time you spend in the game, the more chances you will get that legendary, by the laws of statistics.
    With bad roll protection, the time you sink in, will increase your chance at a legendary, meaning:

Time Spent will yield greater rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are getting legendary items to drop and I keep getting the fucking tranquil mind pattern and I'm not even an inscriptionist.

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    as soon as they see it drop first thing you see is: "can you give that to me? , can you trade it with me", am raider and i need it more than casual player....... and it goes on and on
    In an eerie parallel with real life, almost as if the same people were involved, the average wow player is a moron.

In any skill based game (to any extend) best skill = best rewards.

Yes, scrubs should never get the best gear.

No, not even with a low chance.

Having a clear hierachy in place is better even for those lower on the totem pole, gives you something to aspire to.

Nobody wants to admit it this bluntly, but this game needs to start putting the scrubs and bads in their place more.
    Yeah. Without the scrubs and the bads money, The highlord snowflakes won't have a game to play. Stop throwing bricks in a glass house.

I highly doubt people are going to lose their spots in mythic over an orange; because what you're saying is that 20 other people in your guild have a legendary? Hard to believe.

Back to the main topic; if someone in my random heroic group got one, I'd probably joke at them a bit and be done with it. I wouldn't go so far as to beg for it or something or put them down. Why would you get pissed at the person over that?

If you really think that the random noob running around in greens (think Donald from DLC) is going to get your spot in a mythic raid just because of a legendary, you are a very insecure person or are more of a "Donald sans orange" then you realize.

In any skill based game (to any extend) best skill = best rewards.

Yes, scrubs should never get the best gear.

No, not even with a low chance.

Having a clear hierachy in place is better even for those lower on the totem pole, gives you something to aspire to.

Nobody wants to admit it this bluntly, but this game needs to start putting the scrubs and bads in their place more.
    "this game", are you sure you still understand this is just a game right??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Well, not really, having them 1 % is okay as it most of the time take a lot of effort to farm them at 1%.

- - - Updated - - -

I absolutely disagree with you here. Hobby or not, it should not matter, as some people take this game VERY seriously.

Some guilds require you to sacrifice any real life activity to attend, meaning if you miss 1 raid you are out.

Hobby to you.
    Serious hobby to me, like a big interest that take a lot of my time.
    More or less their life to some people.

People look at this game differently so applying real life situations works very well, and "more effort, more rewards" therefore become very reasonable.
    Just because you choose to play that way doesn't mean you deserve shit. Sorry to break it to you.

Deleted
    No, but since legendaries are so powerful (goes all the way up to 20+% of performance difference) not having a good one will be gatekeeping good players from activities that bad players get to do because of it.
    Seems like a typical case of "tough luck" then?

RNG is still better then some asshole just ninjaing the items in randoms

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede View Post
    People are getting legendary items to drop and I keep getting the fucking tranquil mind pattern and I'm not even an inscriptionist.
    Same. Never anything for my own professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Why would I feel happy for some unknown player I never meet again? At best I feel indifferent, most likely I feel envy. But happy? Err, why?
    QFT.
    I can be happy if it's a friend, but I certainly wont feel "happy" for a total random stranger. He'll got a "gratz" and that's gona be it.

No, but since legendaries are so powerful (goes all the way up to 20+% of performance difference) not having a good one will be gatekeeping good players from activities that bad players get to do because of it.
    Billy the Bad out of your example might get a raidspot trough the groupfinder based on his ilvl or i haz legendary comment. But once he starts dieing every pull to the simplest of mechanics he will be just as fast replaced, Legendary or no Legendary.

No Guildleader will also bring Sally the social Battle Pet Grinder to a raid over a dedicated raider just because she got a Legendary out of a Emmisary Cache and one of their raiders didn't.

Sure when reasonably equally skilled players with a legendary might (or will) get preference over someone without if you play in a highend guild. But i doubt any thight knit casual guild will do that over just a legendary drop.

Well, blame Blizzard for a strange and poorly designed RNG system. The system is extremly unfair and broken. Rewards should come to those who put in most effort. Yes, if you kill a boss, you might put in same effort that boss! BUT if Player A has cleared 100 dungeons and Player B cleared one dungeon, player A obviously deserve it more.
    So then you only buy lottery tickets in stacks of 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    You (and most other people with this viewpoint) all know that the vast majority of rewards in this game (power level, achievements, gold, gear level, progression, content cleared, vanity items, artifact level) pretty much directly correlates with the amount of time and effort spent?

All the people saying that people that spend more time shouldn't get more rewards.. you know that that's how it literally is, barring very few exceptions (Legendaries, 1% drop mounts)?
    Yes, but thats for a specific purpose, for example lets look at Wrath. You worked your arse off to get the tournament mount through the system put in place. You had to invest time and effort into getting that.

Then you had the battered hilt which was an incredibly low drop rate any tom dick or harry could get on their first run (if the rng gods blessed it). I was in a run with a random-er who won it on his alt, while I was a raider putting in x amount of time each day. Did I nag at him or think I derserved it more? no, was I gutted I didn't win it? yes. There's no difference here.

And you made my point yourself at the end, "barring very few exceptions (Legendaries, 1% drop mounts)?"

My point is, if blizzard wanted these legenderies to be catered for those who can invest massive amount of time into it, they would have made it. Anything from difficult or multiple achis to drops form mythic end bosses only. But they didn't, they put them there to get you all excited that you could get a powerful drop as well as being a incentive to carry on running dungeons or getting out into the world opposed to sitting in a city / help to maintain interest in doing stuff.

Don't get me wrong I don't necessarily agree this is the best way to go about it, but I do like it. The same as I think the glaives were a pain in the arse at the time (mind you that was a different era and you had that awe and admiration of seeing anyone with one let alone both) I honestly think Shadowmourne had the best option for obtaining a legendary. Collect items and do stuff inside and outside the raid. Raid harder and better, accomplish your goal faster. Take your time and do it and get it a bit later.

Quote Originally Posted by mlm100604 View Post
    Lmao. Love it ! Well-said!
    Thank you kind sir

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Billy the Bad out of your example might get a raidspot trough the groupfinder based on his ilvl or i haz legendary comment. But once he starts dieing every pull to the simplest of mechanics he will be just as fast replaced, Legendary or no Legendary.

No Guildleader will also bring Sally the social Battle Pet Grinder to a raid over a dedicated raider just because she got a Legendary out of a Emmisary Cache and one of their raiders didn't.

Sure when reasonably equally skilled players with a legendary might (or will) get preference over someone without if you play in a highend guild. But i doubt any thight knit casual guild will do that over just a legendary drop.
    Realistic scenario: Got a group of about 15 people who like to run together. 4 of them enjoy tanking. Two snag legendaries. Guess who's not tanking anymore?

I've hit around 150 heroics, knocked out every mythic weekly, snagged every cache. I'm ilvl846, lv22 weapon and the thing I'ma raid with isn't even 110 yet. That's awesome. Awesome to the max. I have no idea why blizzard thought putting significant power behind an RNG wall was a smart thing to do. The two tanks in my group who have 3 and 5 legendaries, already both having their classes BIS, are going to have a spot while my tank gets benched. That's stupid.

It wouldn't even be so bad if this wasn't the least alt-friendly expansion released to date.

Well, blame Blizzard for a strange and poorly designed RNG system.

The system is extremly unfair and broken. Rewards should come to those who put in most effort.
    It is RNG. Nothing to do with "put in most effort".

Yes, if you kill a boss, you might put in same effort that boss!

BUT if Player A has cleared 100 dungeons and Player B cleared one dungeon, player A obviously deserve it more.
    Deserve? You sound just like the people OP is commenting.

Deleted
    Tbh. I've grinded so many HC's you dont believe it. I've grinded MANY. I have not seen one single legendary drop, at all.

But i do get a little salty when i see some guy in a guild called ''casual player'' with 800 ilevel running with a legendary.

He deserve it more becuase he PLAY MORE and by default that means he PUT MORE EFFORT into the game.

Rewards should be rewarded to those with MOST effort and not the one with most luck.
    They did that with the staff, dagger, cloak, ring. People then complain about it better too common and no longer feel legendary.

Basically, it all boils down, "it is okay if I get it but not okay if you get it, because I deserve it and not you".

I will be legitimately happy if it is a guildie but not so much for a stranger or public player.