Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    I know but then they have no one to blame but themselves for not getting picked by being bullheaded and staying in mm. I regularly minimum double to triple mm hunters in bm in mythics. To gimp oneself that much is stupid. Then add in barrage and sidewinders( this pulls a lot too) are hard to use in the mythics since they pull a lot it really gimps the mm hunter.
    would i be gimping myself for raids since i dont have mm artifact and i just flat out hate mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity
    I'd go in as Brewmaster, but I usually prefer DPSing new stuff the first time just so I can see the mechanics before I'm responsible for them.
    I haven't noticed any new boss mechanics between Heroic and Mythic yet, just some variations in the trash pulls *The Lighting prod on Wranglers in Mythic Eye can't be stopped by an interupt f.e*.

If you are comfortable with them in Heroic, you should do just fine tanking them in Mythic.

I dont mind people setting an Ilvl requirement, but for god's sake, be able to follow you own rules and atleast be at that level too, "LFM 840+ M NL", leader has 822 in ilvl. Anything else just seems stupid to do.

Deleted
    Here's the deal: I make my own groups, I don't ask for unreasonable ilvls. I always put 830 in for Mythics, which is what the LFG tool recommends. Does Mythic+0 actually need that much ? Nope. I both tanked and healed in 815-ish.

What do I get from 830+ puggies ? People who do 70k DPS. REGULARLY. Absolutely, mind boggingly awful. I don't keep a DPS meter open, but when I realize the boss should've died 3 minutes ago, I open it and what do I see..

So next week, if I need pugs for my Mythic+ groups, I'll start at 840. Or at 845. Does the dungeon need that much ? Nope. Does that ilvl guarantee quality ? Nope.

What it does do is hopefully weed out the seriously awful ones because they will be struggling to clear anything in the first place with their shitty 70k DPS, so they won't have that ilvl. A few weeks later, I'll ask 850+, to keep ahead of the average.

Does this suck for great players with alts or who don't have as much time/luck ? Yes it does. But when pugging I have no other metric to control the quality of who I get, so people angry about requirements, please, give me a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    I dont mind people setting an Ilvl requirement, but for god's sake, be able to follow you own rules and atleast be at that level too, "LFM 840+ M NL", leader has 822 in ilvl. Anything else just seems stupid to do.
    Yup this is the only thing that irks me. "840+ M speed run no bads" leader is like 818 doesn't have one mythic achievement just cracks me up.

The other one is half ass tanks who feel the world owes them something because they tank. I've been in so many where a tank is so toxic, belittles people and the min anyone says anything about their bad pulls or anything else they threaten to bail. So everyone being fearful of waiting another who knows how long has to kiss their ass to finish the run.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    would i be gimping myself for raids since i dont have mm artifact and i just flat out hate mm?
    If the numbers are true and mm is better for raiding than yes. Why I have both at 16 plus and I prefer that bm does comparable dps but if mm is way in front I will do mm.

Afaik, the system requires you to meet the minimum you set in the listing. Of course this doesnt apply to the description or others invited to the group, but if the description is higher than the stated requirement, that's usually a red flag to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Heh, 837 and tried to literally pay to get into groups last night. Not a carry - because I'd almost assuredly out DPS anyone in the group overall anyway as WW - just 1k gold for a darn spot. Still couldn't get in anything. ><

I'd go in as Brewmaster, but I usually prefer DPSing new stuff the first time just so I can see the mechanics before I'm responsible for them.
    if you are willing to put that much effort why cant you click 3 times and write 1 sentence "lfm 835+ " to make your own group - like really do you get off from posing like a martyr ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    But the true purpose of these mythics is to gear up right?
    pls stop with all those "true purpose" - people do dungeons because of milion reasons - for some people fun means going in there and absolutely obliterating the location - dont push charity propaganda on them it will never work.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Because finding yourself in the Premade version of "Need experience to get a job, need a job to get experience." isn't very enjoyable.
    How does this correlate in any way to that?

- - - Updated - - -

That's why you don't join groups that don't have a required ilvl to even see in LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    But the problem remains, that some people, good people, never get the chance to play at all. I have been lucky to have a reliable guild that take me for alt runs etc and sometimes even to main raids.
    i will be brutal this time - this is a mmorpg - you want to do hardmodes ? go and find a f.... GUILD - if you think you are to cool for it ? stick to hc dungeons and lfr - its not a shame to do lfr it can be fun to - if you want to do hardmodes find friends to do them with or go play a single player game not mmorpg.

Because a high ilevel doesn't smooth/fast runs all the time.

People currently 845+ will still tunnel a boss and ignore mechanics and end up dying, it happens more than people realize.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if you are willing to put that much effort why cant you click 3 times and write 1 sentence "lfm 835+ " to make your own group - like really do you get off from posing like a martyr ?

- - - Updated - - -

pls stop with all those "true purpose" - people do dungeons because of milion reasons - for some people fun means going in there and absolutely obliterating the location - dont push charity propaganda on them it will never work.
    The WoW community, where being nice is "Charity propaganda". What a lovely place!

People want to get carried. They want it easy, and then promptly complain that WoW isn't what it used to be and that Blizzard dumbed it down. It happens at the beginning of every expansion.

You can do Mythic dungeons at 810 fairly easily with some CC, but people ask for 830 because that's too much for them to handle. Sometimes I miss coordinating 3-5 CC in UBRS raids, but it does take longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why though? They are organising the run, they get to set the rules. I would suggest that unless you see a proper minimum ilvl requirement (the in game one, not one that is typed out), then do not join the group. If some poor sucker ends up carrying the leader, that's their issue to deal with, not yours.

What kind of fascist do you have to be to mandate how everyone else plays?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    The WoW community, where being nice is "Charity propaganda". What a lovely place!
    He has a point though. There is no reason outside of being nice to help other people gear.

You can't really force being a nice person.

- - - Updated - - -

Because if you've been reading my posts as much as you seem to be claiming, you'd know that I've done that and ended up just spending 2 hours sitting there watching a rotating door of people join and leave before we get enough.

Overall it's just a pain that I don't seem to have the time for, which has always bee the case for raids, but is pretty shitty for 5-man content.
    Have you not made any friends in this multi-player game?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    Here's the deal: I make my own groups, I don't ask for unreasonable ilvls. I always put 830 in for Mythics, which is what the LFG tool recommends. Does Mythic+0 actually need that much ? Nope. I both tanked and healed in 815-ish.

What do I get from 830+ puggies ? People who do 70k DPS. REGULARLY. Absolutely, mind boggingly awful. I don't keep a DPS meter open, but when I realize the boss should've died 3 minutes ago, I open it and what do I see..

So next week, if I need pugs for my Mythic+ groups, I'll start at 840. Or at 845. Does the dungeon need that much ? Nope. Does that ilvl guarantee quality ? Nope.

What it does do is hopefully weed out the seriously awful ones because they will be struggling to clear anything in the first place with their shitty 70k DPS, so they won't have that ilvl. A few weeks later, I'll ask 850+, to keep ahead of the average.

Does this suck for great players with alts or who don't have as much time/luck ? Yes it does. But when pugging I have no other metric to control the quality of who I get, so people angry about requirements, please, give me a break.
    All this does is weed out the people that are unlucky enough to not get drops and suck at making gold enough to not be able to buy full 850. You yourself said that it won't do anything, so why do it?
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

Never understood why people get upset over other peoples requirements. If you have difficulties getting into a group and you feel competent just start your own group.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    People want to get carried. They want it easy, and then promptly complain that WoW isn't what it used to be and that Blizzard dumbed it down. It happens at the beginning of every expansion.

You can do Mythic dungeons at 810 fairly easily with some CC, but people ask for 830 because that's too much for them to handle. Sometimes I miss coordinating 3-5 CC in UBRS raids, but it does take longer.
    When you start doing Mythic+ you will want to coordinate CCs if you want to get to the highest possible rank for your gear. As well you will not wanting to be carrying people, if you want to progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad, it's because people just want fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed. There's no reason to invite lower as it just makes stuff take longer to kill or give unessecary ( can't spell that word) risks.
    So why do some people in /2 get so mad when you mention your ilvl requirements?
    I just hit 110 last night... but for previous xpacs:

(1) What is the purpose of doing a run if you already out gear it?
    (2) if lower than 830/840 doesn't mean you're bad... then having equal or higher than 830/840 doesn't mean you're good either

Its a poor benchmark to determine whether or not your run is going to be "fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed"

I would argue that a person capable of entering said instance, that still needs rewards from it, has more motivation to both perform and watch their shit... than the guy you want on board.

But I don't typically play with elitest pricks these days. Bottom line is it is very narcissistic behavior... its not about having fun, and what can we do together to have fun and accomplish something. Its how can I use you, what can you do for me?

I don't get mad... I definitely don't seek you guys out. You requiring an equal or higher ilvl than the rewards for a dungeon tells me all I need to know about you and your run... so actually, "Thank you for telling me up front what kind of person you are so I can avoid you."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    People complain about ilvl requirements in trade for the same reason people complain on the forums about people who get mad at ilvl requirements.

They think other people care.
    That's some double talking bullshit right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no such things as "WoW Friends".

But yeah, overall I mostly just play solo nowadays, don't feel like committing to things like I used to. So eh. God forbid I don't want WoW to be the center of my social life.
    Then perhaps another form of entertainment is in order?

The game encourages social interaction for high levels of content. Come out of that shell and you might have fun. Dungeon runs once a week is hardly what I'd call commitment.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-09-19 at 11:10 PM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Why though? They are organising the run, they get to set the rules. I would suggest that unless you see a proper minimum ilvl requirement (the in game one, not one that is typed out), then do not join the group. If some poor sucker ends up carrying the leader, that's their issue to deal with, not yours.

What kind of fascist do you have to be to mandate how everyone else plays?

- - - Updated - - -

He has a point though. There is no reason outside of being nice to help other people gear.

You can't really force being a nice person.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you not made any friends in this multi-player game?
    Well, yeah, I wasn't implying that. But there's nothing wrong WITH being nice, and being nice is not inherently a bad thing, which seems to be his running theme here.

Like I said in this thread earlier, this game has grave problems with seemingly wanting people of the same team to be at competition with one another, or something.

All things at various points in WoW's history:
    "We can't take him, he'll slow us down!"

"We can't play with him, he'll take our gear!"

"We can't help their guild, our guild matters!"

"We can't do this quest with people, it'll go slower!"

It's all just a real shame, really!