Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will we be forced to run all 4 raid difficulties to get a Legendary?

If raids have highest chance for a legendary and difficulties don't share lockouts, doesn't this mean if you want a legendary you will need to do all 4 every week? Isn't this something they wanted to avoid in the past?

I hate when people say they are "forced" into doing something... NO ONE is forcing you to do anything! If you want to farm Legiondaries, then you might run all four raid difficulties and continuously run Heroic Dungeons. If you do not want to farm Legiondaries, then you will only run what you want to and nothing more.

7+ Year Old Account
    You aren't forced to do anything in the game BESIDES stuff like expansion intros that you can't skip (Tanaan, Artifact weapon....) if you want to enter a zone.
    Doing more stuff for an RNG drop is something you either want or don't want to do, no body is forcing you.

If anything, they will make it so all difficulties are exclusive with each other (i.e. legendary quest items dropping on 1 difficulty only)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    You aren't forced to do anything in the game BESIDES stuff like expansion intros that you can't skip (Tanaan, Artifact weapon....) if you want to enter a zone.
    Doing more stuff for an RNG drop is something you either want or don't want to do, no body is forcing you.
    Completely offtopic, but yyou can skip WoD intro by going through the teleport from Timeless Isle to Gorgrond.

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    I hate when people say they are "forced" into doing something... NO ONE is forcing you to do anything! If you want to farm Legiondaries, then you might run all four raid difficulties and continuously run Heroic Dungeons. If you do not want to farm Legiondaries, then you will only run what you want to and nothing more.
    Umm, tell that to raiding guilds.

I don't care about RNG legendaries the same way I don't care about RNG warforge and sockets.

Its a nice to have but you don't need it to down mythic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    This argument has never worked and doesn't work now. Its about setting incentive. We all know if you care about your progress in the slightest you will do what you have to to max out. All we're arguing is that maxing out shouldn't entail such random and tedious RNG bullshit.

Its a nice to have but you don't need it to down mythic bosses.
    Yet if you're in any sort of progress oriented guild you WILL be benched for not having good RNG. In order to avoid that, progress raiders are starting to use silly tactics like leveling 7 of the same char to max their chance of getting at least 1 leg on one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    I doubt raiding guilds will force their members to actually farm legendary items unless we are talking the really really bleeding edge world first chasing guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're super focused on getting a legendary, then yes. You'll run all four difficulties.

I couldn't care less about getting one right now. Emerald nightmare isn't balanced around the raid-group as a whole having them.

Talk to me when the next raid opens
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Im curious what guilds are "requiring" their members to run that stuff. Not even Slootbag who is in Serenity is saying they are having to do this. So im genuinely curious on who is asking this of their raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

If that is not the content you want to do, then why join a guild that mandates their raid members do this? I am in a raiding guild aimed at Heroic and eventual Mythic progression, but the Raid Leader nor Guild Master is not mandating the raiders to farm Legiondaries. Believe it or not, there is a middle ground to elitist guilds and casual guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    This argument has never worked and doesn't work now.
    This argument has always worked and still works now. Blizzard is not locking players out of content because they do not have a Legiondary, nor is any content requiring a Legiondary item to progress through. Blizzard's current stance is later raids will be balanced around players having one Legiondary item, but by that time most of all players that are running higher difficulty content will have at least one Legiondary item - hell, half my raid team has a Legiondary right now!

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    Im curious what guilds are "requiring" their members to run that stuff. Not even Slootbag who is in Serenity is saying they are having to do this. So im genuinely curious on who is asking this of their raiders.
    The same retards that want 845+ ilvl for mythic dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Technically, you are not "forced" to do anything in life, except for being born and dying.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    The same retards that want 845+ ilvl for mythic dungeons
    Mind telling me why people asking for 845+ item level are retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Mind telling me why people asking for 845+ item level are retarded?
    When the mythics themselves drop 840 ilvl loot? Really, do I have to explain this?

When the mythics themselves drop 840 ilvl loot? Really, do I have to explain this?
    Basically a check on whether or not you have the third artifact slot unlocked, and 845 ilvl becomes very easy.

If raids have highest chance for a legendary and difficulties don't share lockouts, doesn't this mean if you want a legendary you will need to do all 4 every week? Isn't this something they wanted to avoid in the past?
    Have no fear. Your odds increase exponentially with each forum post complaining about them.

So one is retarded because they try to gather a good group? Some people prefer to go through dungeons as fast as possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you're asking for 845 ilevel it means you're doing speed runs for titanforged. You're not doing them to teach someone mythic's, or carry lower ilevel while gearing them up.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222