Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As a healer I honestly don't think DHs that that much of an outlier. Burst overall across all classes is absolutely too high, but DHs specifically are getting a bit too much attention. Yes they end up n1 on damage done, but most of that is aoe padding with fel rush and blade dance. Yes if they get close to you in meta they can melt away your health bar. However outside of fel rush, they are really not that mobile. It's much easier for me to kite DHs than it is to kite monks and rogues for example. Generally they are very easy to shut down. Interrupt their eye beam and CC them when they meta.

DHs are punishing for people that don't understand the class, or are not paying attention and cluster together while the DH is blowing all their aoe burst. If you stand in their artifact skill, of course you will die.

The one thing that is overtuned about DHs imo is throw glaive. When they cut DH mastery in half, they also buffed haste and crit by 25% which made glaive throw scale a bit too well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    haha the "low skill" excuse

Whatever the skill level of the opponent, the damage is absurd and WILL be nerfed
    The damage is already nerfed, 30% damage reduction on Fury of the Illidari, (DH artifact) in PvP combat.

DH sustain is lackluster, we're a little like fire mages where we have amazing burst, but once that burst is gone we're pretty standard. not saying we're bad, we're just not amazing after cd's. also we have no way to heal outside of metamorphosis unless we start gibbing pets if there is one, so wait out the cd's if possible then we're pretty much a free kill. stop whining and start finding solutions. I have no trouble at all killing dh's on my fire mage, my outlaw rogue, or any of my other toons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanmodx View Post
    The damage is already nerfed, 30% damage reduction on Fury of the Illidari, (DH artifact) in PvP combat.
    "They already reduced our damage, sure we can still almost global people but it's already nerfed!". Yes and it'll be further nerfed. No matter what you or the other DH players say or do. You are going to be brought in line the same way DKs were broken throughout Wotlk. It'll happen. Enjoy your 1-2 seasons of smashing your face into the keyboard, it wont last.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    "They already reduced our damage, sure we can still almost global people but it's already nerfed!". Yes and it'll be further nerfed. No matter what you or the other DH players say or do. You are going to be brought in line the same way DKs were broken throughout Wotlk. It'll happen. Enjoy your 1-2 seasons of smashing your face into the keyboard, it wont last.
    Keep fighting the good fight. Most of the people here are the same ones that defend DHs over and over again; calling people noobs, etc. They never link their armory to show PvP experience and are somehow DH gurus when the season has not started yet.
    I do think that DHs get a lot of bad blood because of world PvP, but anyone that thinks they are not over the top in PvP is kidding themselves.
    I guess we will see which side Blizzard agrees with in the coming weeks since PvP is so easy to tune.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only real issue with them right now is how powerful Meta is. If it were reduced to a 3m CD and had its duration cut to like 10s or 15s, it would be more bearable.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    All new classes are overpowered at first. That is what lures people into playing them at first, as many players are.dragged to the"omg itz da best!" Class. Same people then whine about being nerfed when balancing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    Please not, dont want everyone to be able to kill each other within 3-4secs.
    You want only melees being able to kill everything within 3-4 secs, right? What a great pvp fun, right? Especially for those who don't play melees. Go try to cast anything against a melee as a shadow priest - the worst pvp experience I've ever had in WoW, including wotlk's S1 and A1.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You want only melees being able to kill everything within 3-4 secs, right? What a great pvp fun, right? Especially for those who don't play melees. Go try to cast anything against a melee as a shadow priest - the worst pvp experience I've ever had in WoW, including wotlk's S1 and A1.
    Funny, I play only Shadowpriest Look in the Priest forum, I saw you there too

But what I wanted to say with my statement is that I rather have melees nerfed then the ranges be buffed.
    I'm more a friend of CC heavy counterplay with CCchains and longer fights then much burst and short fights.

So I would rather see melees nerfed, and not see ranged speccs to be able to kill everyone within 4GCDs.

When was the last time any spriest had fun in random double dps 2s? Spriests have been horrible at that for a few expansions now, wait for proper 3s and then spriest are almost OP.

I find rogues to be a lot more annoying than demon hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I have no trouble at all killing dh's on my fire mage,...[snip].
    How? What talents do you have? What level are you PvP-wise? I must be facing gladiator-level Dhs seeing as though I've been playing a mage since vanilla and this class gives me fits (along with rogues, please note that the term "un-peelable" was coined by consensus...).

Deleted
    Guessing all the complainers, as always, got killed by a skilled DH and since they have no idea what to do against them, they are just OP.

Please, cry more. I have my raft ready so I can sail on your stream of tears and fish some precious diamonds that are your cries.

Outside of meta they aren't that bad but inside meta, as an enhancement shaman I just have to cap totem and run. I can also counterstrike totem but its 50/50 then.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    If you freeze a DH in meta they are toast, as many I have fought rely on that leech.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I find rogues to be a lot more annoying than demon hunters.
    ^
    rogues are much more annoying

DH just getting all this hype cause of how new
    Last edited by Zeusy; 2016-09-19 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that also

you can keep mobility but not that damage.

Balance in this game is not that difficult to grasp:

-Mobile classes should have less damage overall to compensate for their uptime even if they are "squishy"
    -Tanks should also deal less damage in compensation for their durability
    -Non mobile should deal more damage to compensate (like DKs, turret casters)
    -Casters should not hit less then melee even with 3 second casts, its absurd

This is not vanilla anymore, melee cannot be kitted with a frostbolt anymore and its a good thing but the damage needs to be toned down and stuns need to be greatly nerfed for ANY class
    DKs aren't mobile?

So what they are like the tanking training dummy? Don't get too close after engaging or prepared to get fucked up?
    DKs have always served their niche well in PvP. I don't see an issue there and I wouldn't ever call them a turret.

As far as your caster comment is concerned I agree. Melee classes have far too many gap closers, or ways to keep you in melee range. Interrupts are quite frankly bullshit. Because as you said kiting just doesn't exist anymore. How do you keep a melee from doing damage? You can't disarm them, we can't lock a melee class out of a given spell school.

The problem here is these discussions often revolve around damage done. Rather than tool sets and mechanics... which is where the discussion needs to be.

But this is where blizzard has lost sight of traditional archetypes. Casters have far too much health and "armor" for being "clothies", and warriors and other melee have far too many tools to combat melee/warrior types.

I totally get what you are saying... if I cast a spell for 3 seconds and it lands... it just do just as much damage as if a melee class was in your face unloading instants for 3 sec + white dmg.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-09-19 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    and sustain to the roof.
    Lies .

Deleted
    This man here speaks the truth - we only have one dps spell on insta cast...

Quote Originally Posted by orangeaccord311 View Post
    Except that whole "melee is just better in the beginning" thing doesn't really apply to the current pvp system. The scaling is put in check by stat templates and the increases of said stats are going to be much smaller over time than previously.
    It is too early to say, there will be another class balance going out shortly to ensure balance. Based on entire wow history, i highly doubt melee will dominate casters in rated pvp, i dont think i will see 7x melee dps RBGs. You can only base ur judgement on 2s, where healers can not que in, ofcourse melee has an upper hand on that.

- - - Updated - - -

haha the "low skill" excuse

Whatever the skill level of the opponent, the damage is absurd and WILL be nerfed
    My Ret out dmges DH every game, in fact i had plenty of games where i 1v2 DH/WW or DH/Rog teams. Dmg is not everything in PvP, ability to take a punch and keep on going matters more.

And yes in the video i was referring to, ppl were very low skilled, you may cry and call it "excuse" but to me when a DH pops meta, yet war/monk fail to cc him with saps/stuns/fear or even pop karma is a sign of a Dragon Slayers trying to PvP with 0 skills, as a result getting pwned.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-09-19 at 10:16 PM.