Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Having lots of fun in pvp, can't wait for the season to start. Pretty sure we'll earn a decent amount of AP from rated pvp once the season starts, but I don't mind doing some world quests anyway.

Regarding balance, I just wish they toned down the leather classes, they're too strong. Also I wish they stopped reseting honor talents now instead of waiting for 7.1, but it's not the end of the world. I prestiged once to get my artifact appearance and I'm already lvl 20. Honor from skirmishes is decent now, and I suppose rated arenas will give even more honor. There's also a skirmish week soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblider View Post
    So once again PVP players are forced to do shitty PVE because of ancestral reasons
    It is because Blizzard has become lazy forcing everyone to grind with no logical reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    1) Being forced to PvE for gear to pvp in is the dumbest thing ever.
    2) what used to be baseline abilities are now pvp talents that you have to do an excruciating grind for because you're gimped as hell without the talents
    3) World of MeleeCraft is real
    4) Burst is stupid high
    5) Artifact power causes severe imbalance. Artifacts need to be automatically filled in rated pvp.

This is by far the worst WoW pvp has ever been. Legion is a shit expansion from the start.
    I am going to probably skip the entire expansion all together. It is just pure cancer and I don't see the RNG of RNG gear box system changing any time soon.

After the 3rd duplicate items from box is obtained people are going to go berserk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Pvp is complete garbage as usual because the clueless pvp developers don't understand the basic concept of balance of power in competitive games (which most Blizzard games fail at except starcraft).

Here we have turrety/vanilla style casters (except fire mage) while many melee are MOP style of mobility. Such a smart move Blizzard.

Worst developers when it comes to understanding competition, this pvp was always a gearfest before, now even without it its still shit
    Gear is going to matter more now because there is no cap to PVE gear in instanced PVP and PVE gear is THE BEST gear for world PVP now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    How are you farming AP otherwise?
    Traits dont work in rated pvp, or so ive heard.

It feels like there is no reason to play battlegrounds... World quests and arena are where you get gear.

The pvp system really sucks and BGs are going to become a ghost town unless you actually get gear from boxes. 805 items don't cut it. Was this Holinka idiot wanting to eliminate BGs? What's the logic of not offering decent loot from BGs? They take almost as long as dungeons and are 10x harder to win than some silly dungeon. Even the pvp traits are meh since a lot of the first column of traits are best.

Also why even insult people with 35 AP rewards when you need 20,000+ at later tiers? Suck my fucking dick with that shit.

I hate Holinka, the man literally fucks up everything he has ever worked on.
    Last edited by Rolex Snob; 2016-09-19 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Not sure if that's true. Relics don't work in (un)rated PvP, but I doubt your artifact traits get disabled entirely.

It's been clear for many months that Legion was tossing PvP under the bus to keep it from overshadowing PvE rewards. The current sad state is a result of it being demoted to red-headed stepchild status.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's been clear for many months that Legion was tossing PvP under the bus to keep it from overshadowing PvE rewards. The current sad state is a result of it being demoted to red-headed stepchild status.
    Feels like pvp is an afterthought, I don't even think im going to bother with arenas this season, thankfully I got my arena master title before they killed that one...

I have been having more fun steam rolling world questers and random alliance level grinding anyway. There is a massive satisfaction camping some PVE nerd over and over and over and over again. If someone can rage out and have a negative experience playing wow because of me then I feel that's a nice fuck you to Holinka.

the pace is quite pleasing. reminds of when arena was fun to play and even more fun to watch back in wrath. overall it is looking good.

Traits do work in pvp. It is only the relics that are disabled. Relics do increase your iLvl though which does matter in pvp so they're still valuable.

Deleted
    I don't know about rated, but they work in BGs and Arenas for now. The stamina and damage from traits is applied, so does seem to do the ilevel of the weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto shamans and DH are OP, rogue, enh shaman and lock are strong. Everyone else will be fine once they tone these down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burst too high right now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I am in love with counterstrike totem.

The you have heard wrong. Extra trait levels provided by relics dont apply, thats all.

I love it. Cant wait for season to start. Now you can easily separate bad apples from the good ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    I love it. Cant wait for season to start. Now you can easily separate bad apples from the good ones...
    how? i have not seen a more unbalanced release for years.

Deleted
    what class/specc is doing the best right now in pvp? My main is currently a lock for pve but im not sure if i am gonna pvp on him or not. Been thinking on lvling on of these DH/rogue/shaman or druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Resto shamans and DH are OP, rogue, enh shaman and lock are strong. Everyone else will be fine once they tone these down.
    As a Ret player, i must add Holy Wrath must be nerfed, even though I use it myself (and milk it every time) I admit its OP being able to take out 50% HP of up to 4 targets from you with in 10 yards. Imagine if you are running Rog/Ret/Healer or Uh/Ret/Healer and you are training healer, that 50% aoe dmg dump will rape healer's face after all his D-cds are gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    what class/specc is doing the best right now in pvp? My main is currently a lock for pve but im not sure if i am gonna pvp on him or not. Been thinking on lvling on of these DH/rogue/shaman or druid.
    Id go with a rogue or droody, DH's aoe/clv will be nerfed soonish and their ST is ok not top end like Rogues/Arms/Rets/Enh. Enh is a gamble they are either total crap or very very good, while rogue and droodies are always either good or top tier

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    It feels like there is no reason to play battlegrounds... World quests and arena are where you get gear.

The pvp system really sucks and BGs are going to become a ghost town unless you actually get gear from boxes. 805 items don't cut it. Was this Holinka idiot wanting to eliminate BGs? What's the logic of not offering decent loot from BGs? They take almost as long as dungeons and are 10x harder to win than some silly dungeon. Even the pvp traits are meh since a lot of the first column of traits are best.

Also why even insult people with 35 AP rewards when you need 20,000+ at later tiers? Suck my fucking dick with that shit.

I hate Holinka, the man literally fucks up everything he has ever worked on.
    The goal was to force players in rated PVP play or PVE raids. They really don't like battlegrounds.

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Gear is going to matter more now because there is no cap to PVE gear in instanced PVP and PVE gear is THE BEST gear for world PVP now.[/QUOTE]

Wrong, gear basicsly doesn't matter at all. Gear is capped at 895, mythic raids give 880+ and you get 855-860 from around 1800 rating. This means an average pvp player will be at like a 2% disadvantage against a mythic raider, and there are few of those anyway. So please stop spreading bullshit.