Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I have been looking at some numbers at wowprogress, and heres what I found

First of all, this isnt a doom thread, just my observations.

I checked some wowprogress numbers, statistics of a number of players on a certain class within the top 10000 players of itemlvl (850.5+ approx.)
    So here it is (numbers may be a liiiiittle bit uunacurate, but youll see the picture) :

DH - 15.5%
    paladins - 8.2%
    rogues - 9.1%
    druids - 11.6%
    warriors - 8.6%
    hunters - 8.5%
    mages - 6.8%
    priests - 6.6%
    DK - 8.6%
    shamans - 6.9%
    monks - 5.8%
    warlocks - 2.8%

I took the numbers a couple days ago, they can differ a little now. I just wanted to post this here and hear your opinions guys

Warlocks were always underrepresented, this isnt new.

I mean look at the history of the class, as much as i can recall you bounce between "Either too complicated" to "dear god this is boring!" playstyles.

That turns most casuals off.

Deleted
    Warlocks were not created for PvE. Locks rightful place is in PvP where the only complaints come from crybaby casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Warlocks were not created for PvE. Locks rightful place is in PvP where the only complaints come from crybaby casuals.
    Speaking of "crybabies" - enjoy your time out. There are many others who will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurus1 View Post

I checked some wowprogress numbers, statistics of a number of players on a certain class within the top 10000 players of itemlvl (850.5+ approx.)
    So here it is (numbers may be a liiiiittle bit uunacurate, but youll see the picture) :

DH - 15.5%
    paladins - 8.2%
    rogues - 9.1%
    druids - 11.6%
    warriors - 8.6%
    hunters - 8.5%
    mages - 6.8%
    priests - 6.6%
    DK - 8.6%
    shamans - 6.9%
    monks - 5.8%
    warlocks - 2.8%

I took the numbers a couple days ago, they can differ a little now. I just wanted to post this here and hear your opinions guys
    Not a surprise that we're among the lasts. Have always been.

But the gap with monks is huge. But hey, whatever, I'll feel even more unique !

lol'd at the 15% DH, btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, we're lower than monks now? We were higher than them in WoD.

Alas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Deleted
    The warlock representation really is nothing new. However the amount of rogues that are playing at the moment is highly surprising, they are everywhere.

Its just, these numbers are way more demotivating than all the doomsaying on the forums, and makes me so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful-Bal View Post
    The warlock representation really is nothing new. However the amount of rogues that are playing at the moment is highly surprising, they are everywhere.
    Mainly because outlaw is freaking amazingly fun to play. Even if it wasn't so high on the overall class v class dps roster it'd be fun.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Joined 3 40v40 Bgs today. There was 1 lock. Out of 240 players. One poor soul.
    One player asked: "Where are warlocks?". I answered: "I am here, on my DH, like all of us still playing."

On a more serious note, sad numbers but expected. DPS is not competitive. It is also hard to pretend our gameplay is much more fun / entertaining than what it used to be before Legion.
    15% for DH is not surprising either. Awesome class, gameplay and numbers. Both in PVP and PVE. Blizz might nerf it but I do not believe they will until after the first raid tier / pvp season.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2016-09-19 at 07:00 PM.

Those numbers include all specs though right? Pretty sure ret itself is in a meh position as well right now.

Also, rogues?? I get they're doing good right now but never expected it to represent higher than Hunter and mage :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Not hugely surprising, my Warlock class hall often only has 3 people in it, while my Mage halls are reasonably well populated; even if 99% of them are Fire.

Doesn't surprise me I've been having more fun playing my DH alt than my lock main and I plan on using my level 100 boost on a mage. The class itself isn't nearly as interesting and fun to play as it used to be.

Deleted
    Does this suprise you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zzyzz View Post
    Speaking of "crybabies" - enjoy your time out. There are many others who will.
    I concur. Maybe it's just me, but when I read comments like the one you replied to, it evokes the image of a broski like person, sucking down red bull and mountain dew furiously, wears a fedora and smells like old dried up soup.

There is no class in this game made for PvP.....no class was ever made with PvP in mind. The game is a PvE game. Some classes specs excelled at PvP...but no design team sat around and said "Hey this class is solely for PvP." I swear has the community's intelligence just up and explode? Was WoD that bad that all we are left with are the mouth breather's? The WoW community has always been toxic....but holy hell is it really terrible right now.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not hugely surprising, my Warlock class hall often only has 3 people in it, while my Mage halls are reasonably well populated; even if 99% of them are Fire.
    That's because the Gateway is broken half the time.

Deleted
    I love being "least cool" and underrepresented.

Though I hate to be bottom tier garbage when it comes to balance and design.

I rarely see Monks to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Mainly because outlaw is freaking amazingly fun to play. Even if it wasn't so high on the overall class v class dps roster it'd be fun.
    If you enjoy being a facebook meme and playing literally rng: the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus1 View Post

DH - 15.5%
    paladins - 8.2%
    rogues - 9.1%
    druids - 11.6%
    warriors - 8.6%
    hunters - 8.5%
    mages - 6.8%
    priests - 6.6%
    DK - 8.6%
    shamans - 6.9%
    monks - 5.8%
    warlocks - 2.8%

What I find interesting with the stats are that Rogues representation has nearly doubled, Monks stayed the same and Warlock's representation halved. Mages also have a slight decrease from memory. Across most expansions Rogues and Warlocks have been pretty close to each other, Rogues always slightly more, usually around 1% more. When Monks were introduced, they stayed on par with Warlocks, around the 5-6% area.

I remember these stats from an author who's name I've now forgotten, but he wrote up a massive piece regarding the state of Warlocks and within that piece he had historical data for class representations.

Seems most Warlocks whom have left the class either went with Rogue or DH.

Do 845+ and see how different your results will be. Not everyone can be 850+ because that heavily relies on RNG.