Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which EN bosses which spec? BM/MM

So what is the general consensus and reasons why?

Deleted
    Only bosses where bm is semi viable is the first one and ursoc... all others MM. /thread

Icy veins guides for EM really suck. I'm reading through the mmo champion guides which are way better.

---

Sorry for the confusion. I meant the wowhead guides.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2016-09-20 at 11:13 AM.

.. What guides for EN?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Icy veins guides for EM really suck. I'm reading through the mmo champion guides which are way better.
    Doesnt the mmochampion one just links to icyvein ones ?

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Doesnt the mmochampion one just links to icyvein ones ?
    Hey could be talking about the text on each encounter page, which looks like it was copy pasted from the dungeon journal.

Deleted
    Personally i want to try BM on Ilgynoth and Cenarious.

Meant to say wowhead, not mmochamp.

---

Nythendra seems like there's a lot of movement. I might try BM there.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2016-09-20 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    anyone knows if the jewelcrafting hunter neck works on ursoc? could prove every powerful vs that bear, as it will proc atleast 2 times. Lined up with BW its 60% damage + on the pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    anyone knows if the jewelcrafting hunter neck works on ursoc? could prove every powerful vs that bear, as it will proc atleast 2 times. Lined up with BW its 60% damage + on the pet.
    Does not work after doing it on Heroic Last night.

I fell in love with BM. Is BM really that bad compared to MM? I heard MM is very stationary, and that is not appealing, I would rather play a caster then that shit.

And tuning is ahead of us, hopefully they will buff BM a bit if it sucks compared to MM

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Half of the fights in EN are virtually designed to be slaughtered by marks hunters.

My guild and i just steamrolled through normal and as a MM i generally outperformed the other hunter in our raid, who was a BM.

MM hunter is just so good on most of the fights because of the amount of adds that spawn.

According to the Warcraftlogs MM is number 1 overall among all classes in the game at the moment (in the default 75% percentile, heroic EN, all bosses category)

Looking boss by boss it doesn't seem like BM is ahead of MM in any boss.

Take this with a big grain of salt though as Warcraftlogs can be misleading. Although its nice to see our class on top of any chart

15+ Year Old Account
    If I start putting my points into MM and they nerf it down to BM or buff BM I'm going to be so pissed. I wish they would put the tuning changes on the PTR patch notes to at least give people an idea of where the specs will land soon.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If I start putting my points into MM and they nerf it down to BM or buff BM I'm going to be so pissed. I wish they would put the tuning changes on the PTR patch notes to at least give people an idea of where the specs will land soon.
    If you're already not raiding as MM or not putting points into it you're doing it wrong already...
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If anything they will ONLY nerf mark shot vs the NON primary target. Someone like mark shot now only deals 75% of its damage vs any secondary target.
    They will STILL have to buff BM and MM single target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    If you're already not raiding as MM or not putting points into it you're doing it wrong already...
    No, Blizzard is doing it wrong. It's up to them to correct it instead of making their player base jump through hoops keeping both artifacts leveled just in case their tuning changes things. The problem is compounded now with artifacts.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Play what feels better for you.

If you're learning the fight BM will be amazing cause the unlimited mobility is amazing.

It seems like simcraft thinks that patchwerk dps for bm gets a significant boost later in the expansion. With completed artifact, BM actually overtakes MM single target damage on patchwerk. Granted that useful damage is still likely to be higher for MM (execute phase importance etc.), if you value in its RNG nature, the effective difference is not going to be too large. Also, it is very likely that many hunters went into the EN with AoE BM artifact traits they used for dungeon farming. Therefore logs should be valued with a certain levi. BM needs more time to achieve full potential relative to MM, and therefore we see results that are a little biased. There is no doubt, that with current balance MM is still the go to spec for EN in general. But even if you concentrate on BM, it does not mean that raids should kick you out automatically. Unless you want to min-max to extremes. But in this case you should not bring classes like warlocks or DK at all, since all their roles can be done by other classes with more efficiency, as well as severely limit others. Maybe even to the point of stacking full raid of MM hunters and forgeting about all other damage dealers if were not for loot distribution problems.