Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    No one is forcing you to just like no one is forcing you to be in a guild that requires it. If you don't want to be that dedicated then find a different guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You'd be surprised how ridiculous midcore-wannabes can act.
    haha, seriously

the guilds that 'require' stuff like this are the ones that are like U.S. 250 despite raiding 4+ days a week, and think they can recruit their way through problems. No serious high-end guild is benching people with legs, because 1) there aren't enough legendaries to support that approach at this point and 2) it's more important to have the best players than to have marginally more (potential) throughput

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol even in world first guilds they won't bench their best players for shitty players because of one 895 item. What a crock of shit. If your guild does that your guild is an awful horrible guild and you should find a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    If raids have highest chance for a legendary and difficulties don't share lockouts, doesn't this mean if you want a legendary you will need to do all 4 every week? Isn't this something they wanted to avoid in the past?
    Have they actually said that legendary items don't share the lockout? Or will it work like legendary quest items in Mists and Warlords where you only get one chance per boss, per general lockout? If you killed Gorefiend on Heroic, you wouldn't have another chance at a tome if you ran it again in normal. It wouldn't be surprising if the same system worked for legendary items in Legion specifically to avoid players running all difficulties and getting burnt out.

Sure, until you and that other guy apply to a guild or are competing for a raid slot. Then he gets picked because he's "more dedicated" or more geared or whatever.

You might not be physically forced, but you also will get left behind and basically shunned by the community if you don't.
    uhm, do you even raid bro? lets imagine standard 3-4 hours / 4 days raiding guild progressing through mythic, who in their right mind would want to spend (almost) a half of that clearing normal and heroic for a chance at maybe getting a legendary? if there is someone like that, i know i wouldnt want to be anywhere near them.

Refer to my above post about midcore-wannabes.
    yeah i noticed that, but i dont think its actually possible for such a guild to exist and function properly. running the extra difficulties is like adding 6 extra hours of raiding, or 2 days, or replacing 2 days of mythic with 2 days of normal and heroic, but in neither case its a decision made solely by the leader or officers. first is a huge time commitment most of your raiders very likely wont be able to meet, and the other is just absolutely insane and will most likely break the guild apart if the officers try to push it by force. either way, a guild with such a rule would have to get a bunch of new people, but who would join a mythic guild that spends a big portion of raid time on running normal and heroic? recruiting would be a complete nightmare, if even possible.

and dont even get me started on willingness of your team to commit 2 extra days for normal and heroic, especially in your midcore-wannabes scenario. they are where they are because they arent very good, or just dont care, and the leader cant just threaten their raid spot, because if he could he wouldve done it a long time ago. its also not like a bunch of bads that cant be bothered to step out of fire will suddenly start clearing two more difficulties for a chance at a legendary...

the whole concept not only makes no sense, but it isnt even practically realisable... the only way it could work is if you had a guild full of super dedicated people who are all up to this, but in that case everyone is actually content with running all the difficulties, so there isnt any problem. maybe if there was one guy among them who wouldnt be up to it, they could force him to do it, but here id say he is really out of place and would do everyone a favour by finding a guild better suited to him.

Deleted
    Can you guys believe there is still no announcment on them disabling them for raids... Lmfao, I just hope something very bad happens to the guy who implemented them in the firsrt place and yes, I am salty(like most who farmed them quite a lot are).
    That's just pathetic, there are random casual guys who have 1-2 and then hardcore raiders who farmed like animals on 2-6 chars who got none lul. Gg blizzard, I'd have never expected u could reach this level of stupidity this literally surpasses anything.

And stop coming up with the argument "THEY'RE LEGENDARIES". LOL, then why make them totally rng and obtainable from the most retarded/easiest things there are in the game?
    Last edited by mmoce758d016cd; 2016-09-20 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    This argument has never worked and doesn't work now. Its about setting incentive. We all know if you care about your progress in the slightest you will do what you have to to max out. All we're arguing is that maxing out shouldn't entail such random and tedious RNG bullshit.

Yet if you're in any sort of progress oriented guild you WILL be benched for not having good RNG. In order to avoid that, progress raiders are starting to use silly tactics like leveling 7 of the same char to max their chance of getting at least 1 leg on one of them.
    Leveling 7 characters to get one? You can't get them until your 110. Unless your suggesting they're doing mythics and emissaries on 7 different characters. The amount of people doing something like that is probably less 10,000. Unless your pushing world 50, I doubt you're doing that, probably even higher up than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They drop from everything, if you really want to farm them you are better off running heroics non-stop. Any other instance, such as raids, takes longer and won't be efficient because of the lockout. So, no, if you are running all difficulties to get a legendary (which is a terrible idea with the low drop rate btw), you are farming it the wrong way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    Can you guys believe there is still no announcment on them disabling them for raids... Lmfao, I just hope something very bad happens to the guy who implemented them in the firsrt place and yes, I am salty(like most who farmed them quite a lot are).
    That's just pathetic, there are random casual guys who have 1-2 and then hardcore raiders who farmed like animals on 2-6 chars who got none lul. Gg blizzard, I'd have never expected u could reach this level of stupidity this literally surpasses anything.

And stop coming up with the argument "THEY'RE LEGENDARIES". LOL, then why make them totally rng and obtainable from the most retarded/easiest things there are in the game?
    Because the other legendaries were not rng based at all.

Edit: Also, you don't deserve the legendaries more just because you are hardcore.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    They drop from everything, if you really want to farm them you are better off running heroics non-stop. Any other instance, such as raids, takes longer and won't be efficient because of the lockout. So, no, if you are running all difficulties to get a legendary (which is a terrible idea with the low drop rate btw), you are farming it the wrong way.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the other legendaries were not rng based at all.

This is one of the most bs posts I've read in my entire life.
    I know people who ran 300++ heroics, did everything they could to get one(on multiple characters) and they still haven't so your "just farm them argument is a solid bullshit"
    The " farming system" they gave us just doesn't reward you at all since no rng protection is enabled yet and considering that most hardcore players only need them for progress, if they plan on enabling it later, then it will be useless and most will no longer care.

The previous legendaries, you still had to do end game content or at least raiding..not retarded world quests or random heroics lmfao. Long chains that lasted for an entire expansion made much more sense than what it is now.
    And the rng factor was so small that people didn't even care, if you had done everything properly the later you could get it was 1 week after another person, which to everyone seeemd to be fine.

Oh and not to mention that the other rng legendaries case(which were still only given to people who finished the raiding content), was AFTER people had done all progression, which obviously didn't penalize more "unlucky" people for progression.

Now remind of a case where hardcore raiders didn't have something so impactful for raiding that a causual now could easily have because I honestly can't. This is just not fair .
    Edit: Also, you don't deserve the legendaries more just because you are hardcore. "

XD??? I understand wow isn't supposed to be a top competitive game but what you just said it really doesnt make sense considering how they handled stuff in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    Umm, tell that to raiding guilds.
    So you're saying raiding guilds are forcing their raiders to raid to get the best gear?! HOLY FUCK THAT'S INSANE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    This is one of the most bs posts I've read in my entire life.
    I know people who ran 300++ heroics, did everything they could to get one(on multiple characters) and they still haven't so your "just farm them argument is a solid bullshit"
    The " farming system" they gave us just doesn't reward you at all since no rng protection is enabled yet and considering that most hardcore players only need them for progress, if they plan on enabling it later, then it will be useless and most will no longer care.

The previous legendaries, you still had to do end game content or at least raiding..not retarded world quests or random heroics lmfao. Long chains that lasted for an entire expansion made much more sense than what it is now.
    And the rng factor was so small that people didn't even care, if you had done everything properly the later you could get it was 1 week after another person, which to everyone seeemd to be fine.

Oh and not to mention that the other rng legendaries case(which were still only given to people who finished the raiding content), was AFTER people had done all progression, which obviously didn't penalize more "unlucky" people for progression.

Now remind of a case where hardcore raiders didn't have something so impactful for raiding that a causual now could easily have because I honestly can't. This is just not fair .

XD??? I understand wow isn't supposed to be a top competitive game but what you just said it really doesnt make sense considering how they handled stuff in the past.
    That was not my suggestion at all. I actually said that its a terrible idea. My point was that running raids in all difficulties it's an even worse idea. The legendaries are not really farmable, trying to do so will destroy your sanity. Anyway to farm them its a bad way to play the game.

Now about the old legendaries... they were RNG based, you can argue that is not as much, but you can bet they were. Shadowmourne, atiesh and val any comes to mind. All of they needed an item with an extremely small drop rate to start the quest, once you got the quest it was a grind (and in some cases this grind would still be RNG based, dont even get me started on how pissed i was with that f* mace and it's fragments). And the worse part was that it was usually designed with one or two classes in mind. And they were on progression, not only that, but they were extremely valuable to the next tier. The best comparison would be the vanilla world drops, legendaries are KINDA like those. Kinda, still, they were not mandatory in raiding and did not wreck the raiding scene.

Hardcore and casuals have access to legendaries, and legendaries dont affect just raiding, it affects other contents aswell. Also, WQ and dungeons (mythic) are the end game content, as is raiding. Just because you rather raid than do world quests or dungeons it does not make them lesser contents.

The game in the past was different, the game 5 years ago it's not the same game that we have today. So saying "It's was different in the past!!" does not really matter, because this is the game that we have now.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines