Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It can threaten the game at retail stores. Places like Walmart and Toys 'R Us like to have family friendly images, so should a game become "controversial" they may end up pulling it from shelves which can hurt sales. Target pulled GTA V from retail shelves in Australia because of such a "controversy", for example.

It's unlikely, but the sales lost from angry nerds refusing to buy censored games don't outweigh the risk of having a retailer pull copies of your game from store shelves.
    This argument is bullshit.

Walmart AND Toys 'R Us sell GTA. That argument is invalid. Unless murdering swaths of people is somehow not as bad as seeing a bit more cleavage?

Because that is almost always what the censorship now is. Any kind of sexualization or cleavage is a big no-no to these troglodytes.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Walmart AND Toys 'R Us sell GTA. That argument is invalid. Unless murdering swaths of people is somehow not as bad as seeing a bit more cleavage?

Because that is almost always what the censorship now is. Any kind of sexualization or cleavage is a big no-no to these troglodytes.
    But chainsawing people in a game is okay by comparison. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    If it makes you feel any better TMS was so bad not even the otakus wanted it. As it turns out a Fire Emblem and SMT crossover that has nothing to do with Fire Emblem or SMT appeals to no one.
    Actually the game got good reception overall.

It's actually only people like you still being mad for silly reasons. Game reviewed well in both Japan and the West and only sold poorly because it's a game that should have been on Vita/PS4/3DS and not the Wii U.

In fact it's 2nd after Xenoblade Chronicles X for the highest metacritics of JRPGs this gen. Such bad game...

Have you seen how violence vs. sexuality is treated in the US? : P

Because yes, murdering swaths of people in a game is nowhere near as bad as a game that shows children cleavage or introducing them to the concept of gravure models.

I would have figured that you'd be one of the folks well versed in the double standard with which media and US consumers in general treat sexuality vs. violence in media.

In North America and a few other places. Others, like Japan, treat graphic violence as more taboo and have to censor or "censor" that in order to receive retail-able ratings and avoid other cultural/social problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Actually the game got good reception overall.

It's actually only people like you still being mad for silly reasons. Game reviewed well in both Japan and the West and only sold poorly because it's a game that should have been on Vita/PS4/3DS and not the Wii U.

In fact it's 2nd after Xenoblade Chronicles X for the highest metacritics of JRPGs this gen. Such bad game...
    Silly reasons like... "we were promised a crossover between SMT and Fire Emblem and got a mediocre idol game"?

It's only fake fans like you that get into a tissy over anything they consider censorship that bother defending that trash.

Silly reasons like... "we were promised a crossover between SMT and Fire Emblem and got a mediocre idol game"?

It's only fake fans like you that get into a tissy over anything they consider censorship that bother defending that trash.
    The game very much is a cross over between SMT and FE. You have never played the game cleary so I wouldn't expect you to understand that. It's a game about idols, it's not an idol game not even close.

SMT Spell and weakness system, FE weapon and weakness system, FE characters controlling the flow of the story, demon negotiations from SMT but nah it's not a cross over because the story arc is based around idols

"Defending that trash". Game has good reception, it's clearly not trash to the majority who have played it. Sorry to put a wrench in your lame argument.

Basically game isn't stuck in some drab and dark edge lord world that you expected so you gave it no chance, know nothing about it and are forming baseless opinions on it. Research the game before throwing out outlandish comments and you won't get called on them.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-09-19 at 10:38 PM.

In North America and a few other places. Others, like Japan, treat graphic violence as more taboo and have to censor or "censor" that in order to receive retail-able ratings and avoid other cultural/social problems.
    Considering we were talking about localization...I was talking about North America, obviously.

It IS a crossover. Between developers. They said this early on.

And like Tech continued on, it does retain aspects of both games while still being its own unique game. And it also did do well for what its worth, so you'd also be wrong in claiming that "no one wanted it", and that it "appeals to no one". That's your own subjective opinions, that conflict with the actual facts.

I would like to have specific example of games that were ''censored'' by SJW.

Also, throw rocks at me, but I was under the impression that American comics were chock full of well-endowed girls not afraid to catch a cold. I have the marked impression that NOA is far more afraid of underage looking characters than anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

In the US, hell yes

That was a game that was ''arguably'' censored. Was it by SJW ?

BTW, I'm someone who like anime to the point of bothering to buy and read light novels. (Black Bullet, the Sword Art online ones, Magical Index...) Short of the Spice and Wolf one, something strike me : there is really a case about how Japanese (or at least the Japanese used for videogame prose and anime prose) might not be very fluid for Western videogames. (IE, yeah, they cut lines in FEF-but it's not ''non sense'' to claim that some FEF dialogue could be compressed)

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Shit go look at the FFXIV forums right now.
    Which, to me, is funny given how FFXIV is a good example, as a game, of how to handle translation/localization correctly (for the most part).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Considering localization happens for every country/region and the person you were responding to was speaking of Australia... Why would anyone infer you were speaking only of NA?
    lol because the OP is talking about Nintendo of AMERICA.

but I appreciate the two of y'alls random pointless side comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I shouldn't have even replied to something that was so clearly bait. My bad.

- - - Updated - - -

How the fuck can you be this much of an SJW and like Sword Art Online?? HALF OF THAT FUCKING SHOW IS A GIRL GETTING RAPED!!!
    I think i just lost my mind a little.

Was FEF censored by a group of feminists, twitter activists, etc ?

I absolutely like SAO. It's a correct anime, I even bought an Asuna nendoroid) I'm completely A-okay with female wearing skimpy swimsuits (provided that there is one beach episodes and not 24...). However, I would clearly prefer to have fan-service outing (example : Girls Ops) without Silica. But then, I would not watch much anime.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-09-20 at 01:19 AM.

The entire second half of SAO is Asuna being raped. Rofl.

Yup, I've lost it. Brain finally asploded from the shear ridiculousness.
    What is ridiculous here : ''I don't mind fanservice when the characters don't look like children'' ? (People that like Star Wars do not have a contractual obligation to like The Phantom Menace You can like SAO I first half and SAO II while finding the second half is bad, or in my case, too long. As for tentacles, well, without being cynic...)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-09-20 at 01:29 AM.

Anime with people below 18 wearing all the time clothes would be a rare find noawadays, isn'it ? I don't think it's ''hypocritical'' to say that ''I don't mind fanservice, while finding it a tad gratuitous at time, but I'm more uneasy when the character look like Silica ((a kid) rather than Asuna (a teenager, like 99% of anime protagonists)

And back on the topic, you have to admit that US publishers seems to have very little issues to sell copies of games with well endowed characters wearing dental floss.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-09-20 at 02:00 AM.

I can't believe you are being this hypocritical.
    Really? It's kind of par the course for these types.

What is hyypocritical ? Liking anime, which means stuff that have one contractual beach episode ? While pointing out that US retailers would not touch with a ten foot pole certain japanese games ?

Tell me how Asuna is in the clear despite being 15-17 years old over the course of the show and having canonically had sex with Kirito and spent almost the entirety of the second story arc being sexually assaulted, yet you repeatedly kicked up a stink over Marie Rose who is 18.

Fanservice is okay... Except when it isn't!

Also its because Marie Rose LOOKS under 18 according to Sarah. Everyone knows feelings > Facts.

First, Asuna did not spent ''half the second part of the show'' sexually assaulted''.
    Second, virtually all manga and videogames (of let's say sci-fi and fantasy type) feature a cast t below 18, with fanservice.

Asuna and characters like her in swimsuits : not batting an eyelid.
    The beach episode with characters that are very young : meh, it's an almost contractual filler.
    A show where everyone is in fanservice mode all the time : meh, not my genre, like sports anime (I have to confesse that I did liked to degree the first season of Infinite Stratos. )

A fanservice pure outing where one character is in a saucyy outfit all the time while looking underage (and to spell it out, Asuna and co. look young, not like kids), truly not my genre, find it downright weird-and I bought several Nendoroids of Kan Colle.

You might notice that the whole ''look, as long as she is not a minor'' gig seems to not be an obsession for my part, hello switching the characters age for Western release, but not their outfits. ¸

Finally, I don't know what is especially ''SJW'' to point out that Mary Rose made DOAX unmarketable than Ayane. It's SJW and hypocritical to find the average ''school girl with risqué outfit'' more palatable in the united states that ''gothic lolita that is 12 and it's pushing it'' ?

Why do you think they upped Daenarys age in GOT ? I mean, this is a thread about censorship in videogames, it seems to me that ''they ''censor'' it more because of the age than the costumes'' is not a very radical opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, mock me as much as you want, but I don't think the argument ''underage looking character in skimpy outfit= bad RP'' is ridiculous.