Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I believe he's referring to Runas the Shamed and the Tailoring NPC you take back with you to Dalaran, both of whom are rather comedic Nightfallen with some obvious mana-abuse problems.
    Tailoring guy goes down as one of my favorite characters of the expansion. Beyond being funny and tragic, he's a little less of an arrogant prick than the rest of the Nightfallen. Granted they've been veiled of my deeds for the past decade, but for a race that gets so high and mighty but asks me to feed it every day and doesn't realize the powerful weapon I'm holding, I begin to question why I should help them at all seeing as they could turn on me at anytime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i still dont get why lyndras didnt just ask us to get some ancient mana for him.
    or that we didnt act immediately... i mean, it was hellish obvious from the beginning on that this guy was struggling.
    Agreed. Lyndras was awesome and I would have totally hooked him up, I mean I'm giving Ancient Mana to a pose of elves who have been nothing but assholes to me and expect me to fetch all their shit and save their city from their own piss poor life choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Iunno, lack of sources for "elves of the night" sounds like a pretty valid reason to tell someone their idea that "elves of the night" actually is a term in WoW is wrong.
    you see, you're being contentious here again. I told you it was not a term, nor was any claim by me, or by Ravenmoon or anyone else that it was term. You took the phrase and classified it as a term to prove that it was wrong. But no one was claiming it was ever a term, just used to describe a point.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-09-19 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Actually I'm the person that first used the phrase elf of the night not as a designated term, but describing nocturnal elves in WoW on other forums as early as Feb/March 2016 on testing forums and others like Ravenmoon may or may not have read, and it would be silly to think that me or him or anyone else invented the term or it is somehow exclusive, given that it is used to describe what night elf means, not coining a new term or specifically referring to one people group. I've seen the term used by other people on this forum, before I first saw it used by Ravenmoon, and unless you can claim to read every topic and every post on every wow forum, that is a silly thing to say. But I wouldn't be surprised if Ravenmoon does do that for Night elf posts - are you that much of a fan? The guy lives and breathes night elves. I'm just surprised he still bothers to respond to you.
    Actually, I believe I first used the term, a while back in an argument with Ravenmoon, I don't recall seeing it before then. And Nightborne are not Night Elves, but they seem pretty night elven to me. Night elf sub-race for sure. I guess I sound like Ravenmoon too because of that.

Would seem obvious to me that the Kal'dorei, Shal'dorei, and Sin'dorei (nee Quel'dorei) are all distinct and differentiated at this point. Let's not get any more confused that Valtrois is the same as Tyrande because their races both have "night" in it anymore than we would confuse a Shen'drelar Highborne with the late Anasterien because they both took the label of high elves.

I am very excited to explore the parameters, and extent, of all the elven peoples being reintegrated to whatever extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    This debate is becoming tiresome. Both camps are entrenched in their positions and wont move. Do you want us to call an oecumenical council in Byzantium to clear up the question?
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    you see, you're being contentious here again. I told you it was not a term, nor was any claim by me, or by Ravenmoon or anyone else that it was term. You took the phrase and classified it as a term to prove that it was wrong. But no one was claiming it was ever a term, just used to describe a point.
    Then don't use unfitting and/or twisted terms to describe said point. "Night elvessness" is hilarious enough as it is.

The fact that Nightborne and Night Elves share similarities despite being different elf races does not validate an usage of the "Night Elf" term to somehow incorporate the both of them within some weird terminology, which is not really weird but just a pretentious using of the Night Elf term without capital letters to sell the idea that it means something else in that way. It doesn't. Night Elf and night elf mean the same thing and referes to the same kind of elves, aka the Kaldorei.

Instead of talking of "Night Elvessness" which I don't know how the both you can keep repeating it while maintaing a straight face, you can just say that Night Elves and Nightborne share certain common traits, included the nocturnal theme. That's it. This does not make them "Night Elves" because "Night Elves" is the term to describe the Kaldorei elf race, be it with capital or without capital letters.

I'm aware this may sound petty to you but to kind of quote Mehrunes, words have precise meanings. And Night Elf has a precise one in WoW, referring to a specific race of elf. Playing with said words in such a way does nothing but generate a lot of unnecessary confusion when it could simply be pointed out that Night Elves and Nightborne are different kind of elves, just like Blood Elves and High Elves, but sharing certain similarities with Night Elves, included, again, the nocturnal theme.

How something so simple needs cringeworthy terms like "Night Elvessness" to be properly explained or stressing the obviously non-existing difference between Night Elves and night elves is beyond me.

Anyway, this is my first and last intervention on the matter. The thread has been derailed enough from this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Night elf sub-race for sure
    Regardless of the amount of similarities, considered how the mutation process occurred under similar circumstances, the Nightborne are as much of a Night Elf "sub-race" as the Blood Elves themselves are. Nightborne just happen to have maintained certain traits Night Elves share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Can't we just agree that they are all mutated trolls and move on from it?

all elves are similarities and differences, lothrius is an example of how an elf can identify more with a group of elves for cultural reasons than others.
    elves are elves stop arguing about something meaningless, all elves now have the opportunity to meet and that's the best of all this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    all elves are similarities and differences, lothrius is an example of how an elf can identify more with a group of elves for cultural reasons than others.
    elves are elves stop arguing about something meaningless, all elves now have the opportunity to meet and that's the best of all this
    They aren't elves, they are mutated trolls and further mutated trolls. Yet, I don't see them embracing their Zandalari, Amani or Gurubashi cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    They aren't elves, they are mutated trolls and further mutated trolls. Yet, I don't see them embracing their Zandalari, Amani or Gurubashi cousins.
    humans are mutated vrykul?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I feel like he's doing the same thing Nightwind/Howling Wind (the Old God fanboy) does in regards of the developers' statements about C'Thun: he takes said statement that is technically WoG but interpreting in the manner most fit to his arguments, ignoring the other possible interpretations. The mere fact that a statement can be interpreted undermines the value they want to weigh on it, matters little if a developer said such things.
    I know this is off topic, but since I've been mentioned by name, I feel I have to address this.

Since you didn't reply to my comment last time we had this "argument", maybe you will reply this time?

How is "Champions of the Alliance and Horde chose not to wait for the Old God to build up its strength." up to interpretation? It is literally a blue post saying the Old God itself was not at full strength.

Funny how you talk about vocabulary. Is English not your first language? Because "Champions of the Alliance and Horde chose not to wait for the Old God to build up its army." would have been the quote if that is what it was saying.

words have precise meanings.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    humans are mutated vrykul?
    Tauren are mutated yaungol?
    Gnomes are mutated mechagnomes?
    Dwarves are mutated earthen?

Pandaren are mutated ... er, evolved bears?

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Tauren are mutated yaungol?
    Gnomes are mutated mechagnomes?
    Dwarves are mutated earthen?

Pandaren are mutated ... er, evolved bears?
    humans are mutated australopithecus.
    Chickens are mutant dinosaurs?

Around elves watch yourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Oh my, look who has been triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Since you didn't reply to my comment last time we had this "argument", maybe you will reply this time?
    What I had to reply to? To your mindless SALTY spamming? Because our latest "debate" was started by you after you got triggered from my statements (pretty much as now) responding to them with something not much smarter than "lol u so salty". Sorry if I don't waste my time with jesters.

We told everything that was worth telling about this "argument" the first time we discussed about it and guess what, you couldn't quite "win" the discussion because, indeed, you have nothing to disprove my argument and interpretation, you can just run in circles. This didn't obviously stop you from selling that quote as the "fact" you want it to be. So yeah, you pretty much play the same game of Ravenmoon. Surprising? Not really.

How is "Champions of the Alliance and Horde chose not to wait for the Old God to build up its strength." up to interpretation? It is literally a blue post saying the Old God itself was not at full strength.
    Yep, because "build up one's strength" and "not being at full strength" is totally the same thing. "Building strength" is a term used when someone performes active actions in order to indeed "build" his own strength, like the people who lift weights and do various exercises at gym. How an Old God is supposed to "build" its own strength is not clear. Recover or recuperate would fit a lot better its situation. "Building" used to define the expanding of its army and influence sounds way more fitting, on the other hand.

Once again, since there's no source supporting your interpretation, yours is good as much as mine from this standpoint. Actually, I have the slight advantage that Chronicle never mentioned or implied that C'Thun or the other Old Gods endured a considerable weakening from their imprisonment and needed to "build up strength" when they freed themselves from such restraints. Quite bad, considered how this is pretty much the entire basis of your argument.

Funny how you talk about vocabulary. Is English not your first language? Because "Champions of the Alliance and Horde chose not to wait for the Old God to build up its army." would have been the quote if that is what it was saying.
    And here we have another English master it seems. Marvelous.

And no, just because the word "army" wasn't used does not mean that "strength" couldn't refer to that. C'Thun's armies were pretty much the major extension of the Old God's power throughout Southern Kalimdor and what the Alliance and Horde had to majorly deal with during the whole Anh'Qiraj campaign.

When a general and his advisor discuss military tactics and claim that they need to consolidate their strength towards a certain position, do you think they refer to their muscles or, I don't know, their army? Just a mere example. You sound like the master of the English language here and yet you ignore the existence of this simple and decently common manner to utilize the word? Shocking.

You were triggered for the second time just to once again attempt to defend your interpretation as fact. You ran in circles for no less than 6 pages the first time, so I would gladly avoid to feed your nonsense within a thread having absolutely nothing to do with this bullshit. Translation: don't bother to reply here, because you're not going to get an answer. If you care that much, save a reply on your computer and use it when a relevant thread arise. And btw:

Funny how you talk about vocabulary.
    You used my exact same words against me, how clever! Speaking of being "salty".
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, look who has been triggered.

What I had to reply to? To your mindless SALTY spamming? Because our latest "debate" was started by you after you got triggered from my statements (pretty much as now) responding to them with something not much smarter than "lol u so salty". Sorry if I don't waste my time with jesters.

We told everything that was worth telling about this "argument" the first time we discussed about it and guess what, you couldn't quite "win" the discussion because, indeed, you have nothing to disprove my argument and interpretation, you can just run in circles. This didn't obviously stop you from selling that quote as the "fact" you want it to be. So yeah, you pretty much play the same game of Ravenmoon. Surprising? Not really.

Yep, because "build up one's strength" and "not being at full strength" is totally the same thing. "Building strength" is a term used when someone performes active actions in order to indeed "build" his own strength, like the people who lift weights and do various exercises at gym. How an Old God is supposed to "build" its own strength is not clear. Recover or recuperate would fit a lot better its situation. "Building" used to define the expanding of its army and influence sounds way more fitting, on the other hand.

Once again, since there's no source supporting your interpretation, yours is good as much as mine from this standpoint. Actually, I have the slight advantage that Chronicle never mentioned or implied that C'Thun or the other Old Gods endured a considerable weakening from their imprisonment and needed to "build up strength" when they freed themselves from such restraints. Quite bad, considered how this is pretty much the entire basis of your argument.

And here we have another English master it seems. Marvelous.

And no, just because the word "army" wasn't used does not mean that "strength" couldn't refer to that. C'Thun's armies were pretty much the major extension of the Old God's power throughout Southern Kalimdor and what the Alliance and Horde had to majorly deal with during the whole Anh'Qiraj campaign.

When a general and his advisor discuss military tactics and claim that they need to consolidate their strength towards a certain position, do you think they refer to their muscles or, I don't know, their army? Just a mere example. You sound like the master of the English language here and yet you ignore the existence of this simple and decently common manner to utilize the word? Shocking.

You were triggered for the second time just to once again attempt to defend your interpretation as fact. You ran in circles for no less than 6 pages the first time, so I would gladly avoid to feed your nonsense within a thread having absolutely nothing to do with this bullshit. Translation: don't bother to reply here, because you're not going to get an answer. If you care that much, save a reply on your computer and use it when a relevant thread arise. And btw:

You used my exact same words against me, how clever! Speaking of being "salty".
    I'm triggered? I'm not the one who typed out an essay.
    Nice mental gymnastics you did there. Unfortunately they don't make much sense.

The quote is extremely simple.

C'Thun freed itself in recent years. Champions of the Alliance and Horde chose not to wait for the Old God to build up its strength.
    (Source)
    Anything else is wrong. Please try again Mr. Salty troll.
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    How about you take your old god agenda somewhere else mmk?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    How about you take your old god agenda somewhere else mmk?
    Oh yes, please excuse me for defending my point because an extremely salty troll decided to bring me up for no reason and attempted to throw shade at me because he can't let go of a petty grudge.

Just let it go....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm triggered? I'm not the one who typed out an essay.
    Nice mental gymnastics you did there. Unfortunately they don't make much sense.

The quote is extremely simple.

C'Thun freed itself in recent years. Champions of the Alliance and Horde chose not to wait for the Old God to build up its strength.
    (Source)
    Anything else is wrong. Please try again Mr. Salty troll.
    Keep telling that to yourself. But since all you're capable to do is either running in circles or whimsically screaming "I'm right 'cuz you're wrong lol salty troll" not only my point stands but you pretty much confirmed everything I said about you.

Oh yes, please excuse me for defending my point because an extremely salty troll decided to bring me up for no reason and attempted to throw shade at me because he can't let go of a petty grudge.
    The irony.

Since you sound offended, know that I used your example because it was fitting and nothing else. Indeed, your way of using a blue's statement to your advantage is identical to how Ravenmoon has done here. I'm sorry that you believe so fervently in the supposed factual weight of your opinion but that's your problem, not mine.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

Just let it go....
    /sigh for talks of grudges you would be just as bad in this situation. This thread is about Elves, if you want to continue the argument start a different thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol