Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Remain was so confident that we wouldn't leave EU that they didn't bother voting. Bit them in the arse.
    Not sure on the actual statistics but I think young people were the most likely to vote remain, but also the least likely to vote at all, whereas older people tended to lean to leave, and they are most likely to vote :/
    Still it was really close, it's not like the UK voted overwhelmingly to leave.
    While thing was stupid anyway, something as important as eu membership should never have been put to such a simple referendum
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-09-20 at 01:31 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @GoblinP "I think the best option is to invite (buy) russia and then let the russians do the dying."
    Then what is this army going to defend itself from if it is not Russia?
    USA? China? Turkey? Don't make me laugh. If however its purpose is invasion sure that is a handy one I guess lol. I really see no logical point to this army.
    The French only agree with it because they'll be the first Adolf Merkel attacks. But then they are cheese eating surrender monkeys. The more Adolf Merkel pushes to an United States of Europe, the more countries will follow the UK and leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Not sure on the actual statistics but I think young people were the most likely to vote remain, but also the least likely to vote at all, whereas older people tended to lean to leave, and they are most likely to vote :/
    Still it was really close, it's not like the UK voted overwhelmingly to leave.
    I do so love how I ruined the lives of young people by voting to leave, and it's not my future I fucked up. I'm 32, how is it NOT my future? Is there some arbitrary age where your vote does't affect your life and only the younger generation? Who, to be honest, really need to be told to man the fuck up and stop being pussies about everything.

Deleted
    The French only agree with it because they'll be the first Adolf Merkel attacks. But then they are cheese eating surrender monkeys. The more Adolf Merkel pushes to an United States of Europe, the more countries will follow the UK and leave.

- - - Updated - - -

I do so love how I ruined the lives of young people by voting to leave, and it's not my future I fucked up. I'm 32, how is it NOT my future? Is there some arbitrary age where your vote does't affect your life and only the younger generation? Who, to be honest, really need to be told to man the fuck up and stop being pussies about everything.
    Not really sure of that was aimed at me, but I voted remain but have already said remainers have to accept the outcome, people calling for a revote is just silly. Anyhow as I said before, the best part about all of Brexit so far is all the salt from some of the remain camp and some Europeans, it made losing slightly worth it

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    While thing was stupid anyway, something as important as eu membership should never have been put to such a simple referendum
    Is it not the British peoples will that the Government is meant to serve? It was up to the British people to stay or leave, as it affects the people more than anything. Some choose not to vote, yet bitch about the result.

I honestly think that voting should be mandatory, or face prison. Then people can't start the "oh lots of people didn't vote so that changes whole outcome, lets revote!"

@Tommi what the ? At this point is it even a possibility that Germany will attack at any other European country? I think it is just too much war fantasizing. After this syrian and crimean bs is fixed there is nothing to worry with borders I believe. Russia cannot pull that shit with Nato countries. So nothing to worry. There is not a single state that this eu army would need to fight on the face of this earth. It would be nato 2.0 with some patrols and humanitarian aids in africa. that is it. more waste of money to keep playing soldier. Then again I am all for it if it is also going to produce high tech stuff.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really sure of that was aimed at me, but I voted remain but have already said remainers have to accept the outcome, people calling for a revote is just silly. Anyhow as I said before, the best part about all of Brexit so far is all the salt from some of the remain camp and some Europeans, it made losing slightly worth it
    Oh no, not directed at you at all, more of a general statement from the under 25 group, who seem to be the loudest to complain, yet lowest voters. You are right about how salty the Remoaners have been though.

Deleted
    Is it not the British peoples will that the Government is meant to serve? It was up to the British people to stay or leave, as it affects the people more than anything. Some choose not to vote, yet bitch about the result.

I honestly think that voting should be mandatory, or face prison.
    Then people can't start the "oh lots of people didn't vote so that changes whole outcome, lets revote!"
    Then you get people voting for the raving monster loony party out of spite, will be a laugh if they get in power.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @Tommi what the ? At this point is it even a possibility that Germany will attack at any other European country? I think it is just too much war fantasizing. After this syrian and crimean bs is fixed there is nothing to worry with borders I believe. Russia cannot pull that shit with Nato countries. So nothing to worry. There is not a single state that this eu army would need to fight on the face of this earth. It would be nato 2.0 with some patrols and humanitarian aids in africa. that is it. more waste of money to keep playing soldier. Then again I am all for it if it is also going to produce high tech stuff.
    You really can't see when someone is poking fun at things, can you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZUKEVU-TwM

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Then you get people voting for the raving monster loony party out of spite, will be a laugh if they get in power.
    And so be it. They'll probs actually do the shit in their manefesto.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, or do "news" articles with segments written as:

"For as long as the UK is a member of the EU, it will block plans for an EU army, says Defence Secretary Sir Michael Fallon
    The UK would exercise its power of veto to block the creation of an EU army while it remains a member of the European Union, according to Defence Secretary Sir Michael Fallon."

make you cringe at the redundancy as well as the appearance that the author/reporter doesn't have a brain and simply regurgitates what someone else has reported?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I could throw a shoe out of my window and hit a more reliable source than noxxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    But Tennisace I want you to provide a solution. You're our only hope.

Deleted
    didnt we fight 2 world wars against germany to stop them ruling over europe, and look what there trying to do again with angela hilter i mean merkel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    didnt we fight 2 world wars against germany to stop them ruling over europe, and look what there trying to do again with angela hilter i mean merkel
    Damn that hilter, damn him!

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    No we fought two world wars to protect British interests. Both were essentially to keep the status quo of having 2 power blocks on the mainland without either being allowed to dominate the other. If France was the one being the more powerful and pushing its weight in the 1930s don't think for one second we wouldn't have nudged and winked to the Germans to put the French in their place.

As for calling Merkel as Hitler. Cute and pathetic. Just like yourself.

i can just imagine the look on the Russian soldiers faces when they face an army composed of soldiers deficient in courage and all forms of masculinity. Will probably encourage them to actually invade instead. but then again they have nothing to fear the last 2 times an army was sent to invade Russia they ended up being buried there.

What does the EU need the army for exactly? I also suspect the UK isn't the only EU member that will vote no on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What does the EU need the army for exactly? I also suspect the UK isn't the only EU member that will vote no on it.
    so that other countries don't get any ideas and follow Britain's example.

so pathetic, they are pretending to be the Roman Empire.

Deleted
    Not sure if it was downplayed in other countries but I saw a ton of posts that didn't really understand Britain's economic contribution to the eu. Germany is or was at the time of brexit vote the only country that contributed more in terms of import exports, particularly and this is where Germany gets scared, imports from the eu. So while things like a French exit from the eu would be extremely damning it would have only had a similar effect on its own as brexit has had. The only country that could leave on it's own and cause the eu to collapse practically is Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbearing View Post
    Not sure if it was downplayed in other countries but I saw a ton of posts that didn't really understand Britain's economic contribution to the eu. Germany is or was at the time of brexit vote the only country that contributed more in terms of import exports, particularly and this is where Germany gets scared, imports from the eu. So while things like a French exit from the eu would be extremely damning it would have only had a similar effect on its own as brexit has had. The only country that could leave on it's own and cause the eu to collapse practically is Germany
    The reason that Germany stays in the EU is because EU is a paradise for them. If Germany left EU their currency would skyrocket effectively making their products way too expensive for 95% of EU. Even if weaker countries leave the EU the euro will strengthen so much that it would have similar effects for the German exports. Thus why they are trying to keep countries like Greece, Portugal, Spain in. They keep the euro down.

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    That, and a separate German/Greek currency, for instance, would end up devaluing Greek debt.
    No. Debt is and will be in Euros. Even Greeks run their own currency now, they will still owe in Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That's like breaking up with your partner, refusing to leave the house and then wanting a say in what's for dinner.

Dear Britain,
    You left. Shut the fuck up.
    Yet all you Euro's seem so keen to stick your oar in when it comes to the brexit.. doesn't work the other way?

referendum aside. we are still as written full eu members and have all the rights/benefits that come with it. whether we will have them 1 year from now or 2 years or whatever is irrelevant.

I do not get questioned on decisions I make at work because in the future I may work for another company. what matters is the now. and now. we have veto power.

an EU army is an AWFUL idea. from logistics, kit, training... not to mention, what does it stand to achieve that NATO doesn't? it just gives MORE power to Brussels.

All you keyboard warriors who cry foul very much forget the impact the UK has in the EU.. especially militarily. our fighting force is the gold standard throughout the world. we wrote the book on SF operations. our marines. hell our standard ground troops. engineers.. the list goes on.

Like, I understand all the tweens being butthurt, cos essentially we stuck a middle finger up at them and said we didn't want to play any more. but to downplay our significance in the west/EU is nothing short of outright lies and posturing.

I voted Leave. this does not mean I do not like the EU, or European people (though some on this forum REALLY test that one.). I love my EU brethren, I just felt this was best for my kids future. but my god, the Vitriol coming out of some peoples mouths since brexit is really sad.

Let's assume pure theory. that NATO wasn't a thing. and that Turkey all of a sudden rose up and attacked the EU (as opposed to the usual german suspects!). do you really think for one second we in the UK wouldn't be there? do you not think we would stand side by side with EU countries and fight?

Saying no to the EU does not mean we want out of Europe. it does not mean we hate/dislike Europeans.

- - - Updated - - -

I think a lot of the anti UK crowd don't realise just how close the referendum was, and how shitty the voter turnout was, I voted remain but have to accept the outcome and hope for the best for the UK and the Eu in the future.
    Though the saltiness of some European people is quite entertaining
    The voter turnout was the best any UK vote has had since 1997.. the turnout was fine. far more than voted Cameron in.

EDIT: and to those who are saying about giving Germany power.. It is a fair point. Two world wars. but. by that same logic, we also let the septics tell people who can and can't have nukes. incase what... incase they do what you did with them? It's a weird logic. but hey oh!
    Last edited by Raldazzar; 2016-09-20 at 08:26 AM.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Visegrad Group of EU states 'could veto Brexit deal'

A group of Central European EU members known as the Visegrad Four is ready to veto any Brexit deal that would limit people's right to work in the UK, Slovakian PM Robert Fico says.

In an interview with the Reuters news agency, Mr Fico said Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia would be uncompromising in negotiations.
    His comments come a day after the EU's first major meeting without the UK.

Brexit, though not formally discussed, overshadowed the Bratislava summit.
    At an end of the summit on Friday, Mr Fico said that he and other Central European leaders whose citizens make up much of the EU migrant population in Britain would not let those people become "second class citizens".

But in the interview with Reuters news agency on Saturday, he went further.
    "V4 [Visegrad group] countries will be uncompromising," hesaid. "Unless we feel a guarantee that these people are equal, we will veto any agreement between the EU and Britain."

Eastern leaders offer new menu at EU crisis talks
    What has the EU learnt since Brexit?
    All you need to know about the UK leaving the EU

However, a Slovak foreign ministry source told the BBC Mr Fico had been referring only to those EU citizens living in the UK at the time of the referendum.
    The Czech ambassador to the UK, Libor Secka, pointed out this was not an "official statement" of the Visegrad countries' common position on their approach to Brexit negotiations.

He said that while he respected Mr Fico's opinion, it was for Poland - which holds the Visegrad presidency - to speak on behalf of the group.
    "We are not going to provide a running commentary on these negotiations," said a British government spokesman when contacted by the BBC. "That approach won't help us get the best deal for Britain."

All the EU leaders have insisted there will be no formal Brexit talks until Britain triggers the two-year divorce process and says what it wants.
    European Council President Donald Tusk, said the British Prime Minister Theresa May had recently told him that might be in January or February 2017.
    Jump media playerMedia player helpOut of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.

Media captionAfter Britain's shock Brexit vote, the 27 EU leaders are "on the same boat, literally"
    The Bratislava summit was intended as a discussion about the best way forward, following Britain's vote to leave the bloc.
    In particular, leaders tried to find common ground on the best way to deal with the numbers of migrants coming into Europe, and how to deal with the after effects of several years of economic crisis.

The Visegrad group has consistently opposed EU efforts to introduce mandatory quotas for migrants.
    But in the interview, Mr Fico said the EU had shifted from a debate over mandatory quotas to a new principle of "flexible solidarity" over the migrant crisis.
    He said he did not get everything he wanted, but he was happy that a debate had begun on flexible solidarity, allowing countries to offer what they can to tackle the migrant crisis.

A note on terminology: The BBC uses the term migrant to refer to all people on the move who have yet to complete the legal process of claiming asylum. This group includes people fleeing war-torn countries such as Syria, who are likely to be granted refugee status, as well as people who are seeking jobs and better lives, who governments are likely to rule are economic migrants.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37396805

And its not only those 4. EVERYONE WILL FUCKING VETO A EU - UK DEAL WHERE UK GET ACCESS TO SINGLE MARKET W/T ALLOWING FREE MOVEMENT OF LABOR.