Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    http://cis.org/Welfare-Use-Immigrant-Native-Households

Hence the need to have restrictions on immigration in a welfare state. Back in the early 1900's immigrants were essentially given the opportunity to eat, live, and thrive at the cost of work. This is no longer the case and results on a drag on the host country to where it is their right to say what is socially and fiscally acceptable burden their countrymen are expected to bear.
    The difference in average welfare used in really minor.

http://cis.org/Cost-Welfare-Immigrant-Native-Households

If anything you should be more upset with native welfare and why they are receiving it. I also got the impression that they count welfare received as immigrant even if the children are native born.

Deleted
    we need to get rid of borders 'n law 'n shit.

no human is illegal. let all people go where they want and live a happy live.

stomp the male patriachy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    we need to get rid of borders 'n law 'n shit.

no human is illegal. let all people go where they want and live a happy live.

stomp the male patriachy.

[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/8zGY2fLRgMNl6/giphy.gif[/]
    That's a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Let's build a bullet train to Canada from Central America.
    This is actually a great idea. Canadians love illegals.

- - - Updated - - -

If anything you should be more upset with native welfare and why they are receiving it. I also got the impression that they count welfare received as immigrant even if the children are native born.
    Natives receive welfare because they don't have a job, or can't get a job. Immigrants become part of the job market system that is already failing natives, or natives are failing it. When you have natives on welfare, it means clearly there's no need for immigrants (you already have jobless to fill the jobs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's build a bullet train to Canada from Central America.
    I agree, but instead it should build a Hyper Loop. That way they can skip America and go straight to Canada so it becomes their problem. Tell Trump to build a Hyper Loop instead of a wall.

Though seriously, we should do something about South America. There's a ton of corruption, crime, and poverty going on down there. Maybe we should interject and do something about it?

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account

Since you obviously didn't even read the article I linked to, yet included the link in your quote of my post I will provide a quote from that link.
    The SIPP shows immigrant households use welfare at significantly higher rates than native households, even higher than indicated by other Census surveys.
    I will take their documented data for what it actually is, not your repudiation of the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which

Audit: More than 800 immigrants mistakenly granted citizenship
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ed-citizenship

An audit released Monday finds that more than 800 individuals from countries of concern to national security or with high rates of immigration fraud were mistakenly granted citizenship.

Those individuals were from so-called "special interest" countries, which represent a U.S. security concern, or neighboring countries with a high rate of immigration fraud.

The individuals slipped through the system because their digital fingerprint records were not in the DHS or FBI's fingerprint databases, according to the inspector general report.

Citizenship and immigration officials identified that fingerprint records were missing for 315,000 immigrants who had been issued final deportation orders or who are criminals or fugitives. Officials have not yet reviewed about 148,000 of the records in an effort to digitize them, according to the DHS audit.

That leaves open the possibility of immigrants applying to become naturalized citizens being granted citizenship without officials having access to their full immigration and criminal history.

Government officials have been aware of the gap in records since at least 2008, when a Customs and Border Protection employee identified 206 cases where immigrants with final deportation orders obtained citizenship or other benefits using another name or other biographical information.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) granted citizenship to at least 858 individuals who were ordered to be deported or removed under another identity, according to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) inspector general report.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2016-09-19 at 04:06 PM.

Wait so let me get this right.

You have a segment of the population which came here or is staying in the country illegally and you expect them to self report all crimes? Right...... Hate to break it to you but a good number of crime in areas with heavy illegal populations go unreported due to fear of being deported. Also, a good portion of illegal criminals do not receive jail/prison time so the articles floating around on the interwebs claiming lower crime rates from illegal immigrants vs citizens are wrong because they use incarceration rates to determine their crime rate statistics.
    Still increase in population of such scale should have caused crime rates to increase and naturalized immigrants do not have to fear deportation. In regards to the second statement even when taking into account deportation, it cannot explain a difference of 1/5th of crime rates. And by legislation passed in the 90s non citizens are more susceptible to incarceration for crimes of minor scale.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since you obviously didn't even read the article I linked to, yet included the link in your quote of my post I will provide a quote from that link.

I will take their documented data for what it actually is, not your repudiation of the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which

Audit: More than 800 immigrants mistakenly granted citizenship
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ed-citizenship
    I linked a different article from the same sight guy. If you read the article I linked, you would see it appears that if anyone in the family is an immigrant, the entire family is listed as immigrant, not just the parents. Take some of your own advice before going off half cocked.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Canada has always been a very reliable haven for dissenters who needed to flee the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Chile? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a crazy thought, maybe the U.S. should stop sending billions of dollars annually back to the drug cartels that are causing these countries to be so unstable.

- - - Updated - - -

What isn't sustainable is assuming instability in the rest of the American continent can be ignored forever as though it can't possible effect us.

Our welfare system isn't anywhere close to stretched. It's a minor cost.
    No, what's unsustainable is illegals. Right now, the costs associated with them are about on par with their value in GDP. Inflation will change that. We have tons of tons of infrastructure coming up that needs to be repaired, nevermind the interest on loans to china will be one of our biggest federal payouts. If hillary has her way, we will be paying for everyones college to. The tax hikes that already have to happen for the first couple of items are already gonna stress the working population hard. Granting these people citizenship will strip the very thing that made them so employable in the first place, cheap wages. In a few years, farm tractors will be cheaply available and self-driven, John Deer has commercially available driverless GPS enabled farm equipment, and farm owners are buying in big time. Construction companies are not gonna drop 15$ for low education/low skilled workers whose cost if they hurt themselves come outta his pocket now. Any solution but deportation and re-entry with worker visa's is toxic.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    I linked a different article from the same sight guy. If you read the article I linked, you would see it appears that if anyone in the family is an immigrant, the entire family is listed as immigrant, not just the parents. Take some of your own advice before going off half cocked.
    Well no shit Sherlock, of course they would be classified as an immigrant household. There are in fact immigrants living there.

immigrant households with the same worker status, education, and number of children as native households cost just $309 more, which is a statistically insignificant difference.
    So you cherry pick a tiny demographic within the study to make it look as if immigrant families aren't a significant drain on social services. Nice.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2016-09-20 at 12:10 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I agree, but instead it should build a Hyper Loop. That way they can skip America and go straight to Canada so it becomes their problem. Tell Trump to build a Hyper Loop instead of a wall.

Though seriously, we should do something about South America. There's a ton of corruption, crime, and poverty going on down there. Maybe we should interject and do something about it?
    It's pretty hard to rid that part of the world of corruption due to the sheer depth that it is rooted. Drug money has corrupted people for generations because it is easier to take a bribe and not take action against the criminals than it is to round them all up and prosecute them all.

Pretty amusing that Mexico is now thinking of building a wall to keep all the Central Americans out who are trying to flood through to get to the US. They must have learned from Hungary that properly defended and patrolled borders work.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    Romania is named after Roman Empire. We will never change this name, ever.
    We are not descendants of Dacians only, we are descendants of Roman Empire aswell, which was the glory of Europe.

As of cucking... get real, you should watch some videos of refugees in eastern europe.
    Unlike our brothers from the west, there is little tolerance here.

Cos of that tolerance gypsies go to the west. You want multiculturalism, you get multicultaralism, sometimes a reality check is in order.
    I'm pretty sure gypsies, romanians and all the other people from that region go to west europe because of economical reasons, not because of tolerance or lack of tolerance. Don't lie to yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well no shit Sherlock, of course they would be classified as an immigrant household. There are in fact immigrants living there.

So you cherry pick a tiny demographic within the study to make it look as if immigrant families aren't a significant drain on social services. Nice.
    I didn't cherry pick, just stating that even native people are lumped into the immigrant section...even if they are legal.

On closer review, that site is so biased, I wouldn't look for any amount of objectivity there, see the lumping of legal immigrants with unlawful/illegal immigrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's pretty hard to rid that part of the world of corruption due to the sheer depth that it is rooted. Drug money has corrupted people for generations because it is easier to take a bribe and not take action against the criminals than it is to round them all up and prosecute them all.
    Way I see it, that part of the world doesn't like America too much to begin with. So we couldn't work with them if our lives depended on it. Then again we do have a giant army and we could always go there and provide some freedom. But I forget that companies wouldn't want that since a lot of them have investments down there as well.

Good luck South America.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't cherry pick, just stating that even native people are lumped into the immigrant section...even if they are legal.

On closer review, that site is so biased, I wouldn't look for any amount of objectivity there, see the lumping of legal immigrants with unlawful/illegal immigrants.
    If an illegal immigrant had an anchor baby in the US, the family is still correctly classified as an immigrant family. I don't see the issue here. The real issue is that the data reflects poorly on your position.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    No, what's unsustainable is illegals. Right now, the costs associated with them are about on par with their value in GDP. Inflation will change that. We have tons of tons of infrastructure coming up that needs to be repaired, nevermind the interest on loans to china will be one of our biggest federal payouts. If hillary has her way, we will be paying for everyones college to. The tax hikes that already have to happen for the first couple of items are already gonna stress the working population hard. Granting these people citizenship will strip the very thing that made them so employable in the first place, cheap wages. In a few years, farm tractors will be cheaply available and self-driven, John Deer has commercially available driverless GPS enabled farm equipment, and farm owners are buying in big time. Construction companies are not gonna drop 15$ for low education/low skilled workers whose cost if they hurt themselves come outta his pocket now. Any solution but deportation and re-entry with worker visa's is toxic.
    Zero of those problems you listed, which are more or less real, are even remotely fixed by going after undocumented immigrants. What you are describing is a capitalist system imploding. It's not going to stop imploding because you got rid of Jorge.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

just teach them how to play baseball and put them in teams. its the only thing Cubans are good for.
    all the rest, they can be sent back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Y'all going to get fucked up by nationalists why are you so worried about people fleeing war, famine and disease?
    If we are already going to get fucked by nationalist, then I don't want to be fucked by people stealing my jobs, lowering wages, and pissing on my culture also. Go back to your country, I do not want you here, I do not give a shit about you, I got my own suffering and problems to deal with, build the wall, Trump 2016.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Cubans too, but Cubans mostly have STEM degrees. Like Canadians they come to the US to make money.
    Dude, Cubans vote Republican, so they're fine. We can't stop any immigrants that vote Republican, that would be a travesty.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"