Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Yeah I took Stolen Power before DoA, but other then that I'm on that path. Getting DoA x3 now. Doom deals a deceptively large amount of our dps. I was just wondering about askmrrobot.
    They use some weird algorithm based on how many artifact traits you tell it to use, etc. They have it explained somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    They use some weird algorithm based on how many artifact traits you tell it to use, etc. They have it explained somewhere.
    Well I'll stick with the consensus of discord/this thread. I was thinking of getting all the golden talents first, but 30% is probably too much to ignore at Artifact lvl 18-20.

10+ Year Old Account
    while I understand shadowflame is technically most dps it is a bit annoying to manage or having to cap on charges due to movement etc etc plus i have enough buttons to spam. That being said. Im debating between SI and DC for Single target. I feel like SI smooths out rotation more

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    while I understand shadowflame is technically most dps it is a bit annoying to manage or having to cap on charges due to movement etc etc plus i have enough buttons to spam. That being said. Im debating between SI and DC for Single target. I feel like SI smooths out rotation more
    If you don't want to use Shadowflame use Demonic Calling. It's much better than SI. Between 3-5% less DPS though compared to Shadowflame.

Hey Not, any insight into what spec/talents you will be using for fights in emerald nightmare. I have a rough guess to what I will be doing but more experienced info would greatly help.

Need help , not sure what i'm doing wrong. when i sim my character, it grants 210k dps. but when i actually use target dummy for 8min test sample , i always end up with 180k-185k dps. althoug in the option , i do click off BL and subtract flask and pot out off the 210k, would net around 202k dps. i'm 17k dps behind.

talents=3211132
    Rotation is good with rebuffing combos. but i rarely can Thal'kiel's Consumption with 8 imps and stalkers, usually 4-6 imps and stakelr +doom guard if availabe.

I use recount and my haste at 26% and artifact rank 13.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a glance at EN gear, there's pretty much no high Haste/Crit gear except from Cenarius (and only from Cenarius).
    Look's like going for full crafted gear is definitely a good investment, rip blood of sargeras - Think I chewed through 100~ bloods to collect & use 14 Oblits.
    Is there a piece of crafted gear that shines above the rest in terms of haste allocation? I think I saw a pair of shoulders with just haste on it the other day.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chookchan View Post
    Having a glance at EN gear, there's pretty much no high Haste/Crit gear except from Cenarius (and only from Cenarius).
    Look's like going for full crafted gear is definitely a good investment, rip blood of sargeras - Think I chewed through 100~ bloods to collect & use 14 Oblits.
    Is there a piece of crafted gear that shines above the rest in terms of haste allocation? I think I saw a pair of shoulders with just haste on it the other day.
    If you're dead set on JUST EN gear this is probably best:

That being said with M+ gear being able to Titanforge, etc...the realistic BiS will be basically all out of M+/crafted.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're dead set on JUST EN gear this is probably best:

That being said with M+ gear being able to Titanforge, etc...the realistic BiS will be basically all out of M+/crafted.
    I'm not, but that clarifys that the M+ / crafted gear is much better than EN gear.
    5 Man content all the way.

Demonwrath

The chance to proc a Soul Shard is 15% per tick - so you could have 8 Wild Imps, Felguard and 2 Dreadstalkers around two targets and the chance to proc is 30% per tick (x2 because it's hitting 2 targets)
    At the risk of totally sounding pedantic, isn't the proc rate 25.5%? (15% chance of either one giving a soul shard = 0.85 * 0.15 * 2 = 0.255 or 25.5%)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyter View Post
    At the risk of totally sounding pedantic, isn't the proc rate 25.5%? (15% chance of either one giving a soul shard = 0.85 * 0.15 * 2 = 0.255 or 25.5%)
    The chance of not getting a shard = 0,85^2=0.7225 aka 72,25%, which results in 26,75% chance for a shard with 2 targets. You miss the chance that both hits proc a shard, giving us 1 shard, not 2 of course.

The more I have to endure Curse of Doom, the more I hate it. Can we just take off shard generation off that crap spell and bake the shard generation somewhere else?

Hey is there a point when you stop going for haste? like a softcap im currently at 34% just wondering if i should start going for other stats? i am 34% haste 38% mastery and 15% crit

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    The more I have to endure Curse of Doom, the more I hate it. Can we just take off shard generation off that crap spell and bake the shard generation somewhere else?
    What's wrong with Doom? Are you using Doom Shards to track it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yemkela View Post
    What's wrong with Doom? Are you using Doom Shards to track it?
    Yeah but I often find myself at 4 shards when the damn thing is like 1-2 seconds away from proccing so I either have to sit and cast nothing for that time or waste a shard mid-cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    The chance of not getting a shard = 0,85^2=0.7225 aka 72,25%, which results in 26,75% chance for a shard with 2 targets. You miss the chance that both hits proc a shard, giving us 1 shard, not 2 of course.
    But 27.75% would be the chance to get at least one shard, not exactly one shard. (72.25% to get 0 shards, 25.5% to get 1 shard, and 2.25% to get two shards)

Okay. I'm done being pedantic for now. Great guide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyter View Post
    But 27.75% would be the chance to get at least one shard, not exactly one shard. (72.25% to get 0 shards, 25.5% to get 1 shard, and 2.25% to get two shards)

Okay. I'm done being pedantic for now. Great guide.
    yes 27,75%, Math = hard :P. And sure it's "atleast one shard" but that's what you went against vs Woz's comment.

Deleted
    Quick questions about proper DS/HoG usage. The OP says to call DS on CD but I wasn't sure if this was truly use it immediately on CD or delay for a HoG combo (assuming artifact ability isn't up). What should I be doing in these two cases? Assume in both I'm not trying to stack pets for the artifact because it's not up.

1. I have Demonic Calling and 1-2 shards. Should I summon Dreadstalkers, Empower, Demonbolt 2-3 times and HoG and Empower again? Or should I Demonbolt to 4 shards and then combo HoG+DS+DE for less GCDs but means it'll delay my Dreadstalkers?

2. I have Demonic Calling and 3 shards. I assume at 3 shards I should just Demonbolt and then combo imps and dogs together?

3. I have 1-2 shards but no Demonic Calling. Should I summon the dogs immediately, empower, and then Demonbolt to 4 shards? Or should I delay the dogs and Demonbolt to 4-5 shards hoping for a Demonic Calling Prix, and then either do dogs+4imps or dogs+3imps depending on luck, like in the opener without Shadowflame?

Hey bro, I often run into 2 situations that I am not sure what to do, please give me some advice.
    1. 3 shards + free CallDread (demonic calling proc) off cooldown
    2. 5 shards + CallDread off cooldown
    First question, so for both situations, do I CallDread+HoG+Empower or do I CallDread+Empower+Bolt+HoG+Empower?
    Second question, for situation 1, is it better to HoG+CallDread+Empower than CallDread+HoG+Empower? Since imps have casting time, and dreadstalkers do melee bites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicsham View Post
    Quick questions about proper DS/HoG usage. The OP says to call DS on CD but I wasn't sure if this was truly use it immediately on CD or delay for a HoG combo (assuming artifact ability isn't up). What should I be doing in these two cases? Assume in both I'm not trying to stack pets for the artifact because it's not up.

1. I have Demonic Calling and 1-2 shards. Should I summon Dreadstalkers, Empower, Demonbolt 2-3 times and HoG and Empower again? Or should I Demonbolt to 4 shards and then combo HoG+DS+DE for less GCDs but means it'll delay my Dreadstalkers?

2. I have Demonic Calling and 3 shards. I assume at 3 shards I should just Demonbolt and then combo imps and dogs together?

3. I have 1-2 shards but no Demonic Calling. Should I summon the dogs immediately, empower, and then Demonbolt to 4 shards? Or should I delay the dogs and Demonbolt to 4-5 shards hoping for a Demonic Calling Prix, and then either do dogs+4imps or dogs+3imps depending on luck, like in the opener without Shadowflame?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendi View Post
    Hey bro, I often run into 2 situations that I am not sure what to do, please give me some advice.
    1. 3 shards + free CallDread (demonic calling proc) off cooldown
    2. 5 shards + CallDread off cooldown
    First question, so for both situations, do I CallDread+HoG+Empower or do I CallDread+Empower+Bolt+HoG+Empower?
    Second question, for situation 1, is it better to HoG+CallDread+Empower than CallDread+HoG+Empower? Since imps have casting time, and dreadstalkers do melee bites.
    My standard rule of thumb is only delay Dreadstalkers longer than 1 shard generator for a HoG/Dreadstalker combo if you have Synergy procced and Thal'Kiel's Consumption is off cooldown:
    IF 3 Soul Shards
    AND Dreadstalkers off cooldown
    +Demonic Calling procced
    +Synergy procced
    +Thal'Kiels Consumption available
    CAST Dreadstalker > 3 Soul Shard HoG > Empower
    Otherwise if less than 3 soul shards cast Dreadstalker off cooldown & Empower after.

For the situation where you don't have DC procced and you're on 5 Soul Shards, my priority is:
    IF 5 Soul Shards
    AND Dreadstalkers off cooldown
    +Demonic Calling NOT procced
    +Synergy procced
    CAST Dreadstalkers > 3 Soul Shard HoG > Empower
    IF Synergy not procced
    CAST Dreadstalkers > Empower > 2x Demonbolt > 5 Soul Shard HoG > Empower

If you CBF this priority just run Shadowflame - More DPS and less Demonic Calling RNG reliance.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, a good tip is not to use SBolt/DBolt + Shadowflame too early on pre-pull. Wait until the countdown timer hits 1 before casting DBolt/SBolt.
    If your SBolt/DBolt/Shadowflame hits the boss before the raid enters combat, your shard count resets back to 3.
    Last edited by Chookchan; 2016-09-22 at 12:05 AM.