Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fair to say, Legion will have way more content then WoD due to more content patches.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I love mists and hate legion. So your statement must not be true.
    From your posts I've seen MMO's seem to not be your genre of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    No it's not. Gawd.

When it comes to quests and writing, I loved Mist, I despise Legion. I don't know how you can consider them even remotely similar.
    Mist was well-written with a whole background and culture detailed. Legion is bad fanfiction with tired and non-fitting "jokes" everywhere.
    Legion is getting back to the franchise's roots, which is, at it's very core, Horde vs. Alliance with the twist of the Legion and their burning desire to use Azeroth as a prop in their music video cover of "Light My Fire".

Mists was a very very large departure from what the franchise was about thematically, which I suspect contributed to the games decline in popularity. I'm not saying it was bad. Overall, I liked Mists. But I like Legion too. Wrath of the Lich King felt like an almost direct sequel to Frozen Throne in MMO format. Burning Crusade tried to tie back into WC3, but got way too caught up with Illidan as the big bad. Legion feels more like where we should have gone after WC3, and I'm glad they've come around to it, even if they did have to use a shitty plot device to get there (ie, time travel/alternate dimension)

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    The themes are very different but the emphasis on going out in the world (world bosses) and reputations were pretty similar in both expansions.
    Hu, well, that's extremely small as far as similarities go.
    Okay, I'll go with another thing in common : both have retarded numbers (Blizzard really have trouble managing their exponential digits inflation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    This is what is wrong with the world today. Lol no seriously though I don't know how you guys can say this ._. Legion is like Mists but better in every way as far as I can tell. Dailies aren't horrible, zones are relevant at max level... Not having multiple raids to hop around is much better imo as well. I like this expansion more than I liked Wrath and I'm a Wrath baby.
    It's basically the opposite : Legion is Mist WORSE in every way. I can't see how anyone can find questing in Legion good with the abysmal writing and terrible ambiance management.

Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post
    Legion is getting back to the franchise's roots, which is, at it's very core, Horde vs. Alliance with the twist of the Legion and their burning desire to use Azeroth as a prop in their music video cover of "Light My Fire".
    Yes and no.
    Yes, thematically Legion is much closer to W3 than probably any other expansion (maybe tied with WotLK).
    But as for the game, Legion is just so far removed from anything that made Vanilla what it was, it shouldn't even be considered related as a game.

As for why the game declined in popularity... that's a whole can of worms better left for another thread.

Legion... Metzen? You're kidding right? Metzen wasn't involved deeply with WoW since Wrath.

I hope he didn't have anything to do with SC2 because that was the shittiest story (maybe just LotV) I've ever seen. Well, I've seen shittier but this is Blizzard, there's no excuse. I just think he stopped being so involved with anything after Wrath. And that's where most of the stuff started looking lame too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and no.
    Yes, thematically Legion is much closer to W3 than probably any other expansion (maybe tied with WotLK)
    Depends on how you look at it. Just having demons invade isn't enough. WC3 still had some mystery. Now it's "demon spaceships, undeads vs demons, using multiple planets as bases of operations, being able to casually talk to "deities", no one really stays dead."

If anything, WC3 felt more medieval while Legion feels like it's been set in the 17th Century.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't see how anyone could "despise," or "hate," Legion; It's an awesome expansion.

I feel like the people who say that are:

1. Being cynical just to be different/trendy hipsters.
    2. Play the game more than most people thus being hypocritical, throwing their money at Blizzard and complaining while playing the game 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    Anyone who didn't like Mists wouldn't like Legion. They are very similar. Just sayin.
    Yeah because pandas=demons

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW expansions are like Star Trek movies: the even numbers are CLEARLY better.

Wrath, Mists, and Legion all the way baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's basically the opposite : Legion is Mist WORSE in every way. I can't see how anyone can find questing in Legion good with the abysmal writing and terrible ambiance management.
    Are you serious? Abysmal writing in Legion? What game are you playing? The storytelling and questing experience in Legion is a huge step forward from previous expansions.

Deleted
    "legion is better than mists" "no it's worse than mists" this whole subjective debate is going nowhere.
    some people like it more than mists, other's liked mists better.

so far it is a hell of a lot better than Warlords or Dreanor. (o look, another subjective opinion)
    i only hope they keep their promise on minimizing content drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Logicbank View Post
    so far it is a hell of a lot better than Warlords or Dreanor. (o look, another subjective opinion)
    Eh, not really. We all know WoD was the worst expansion. Unless someone joined then, then they wouldn't know better. (if they actually stuck with the game up until now)

Yes and no.
    Yes, thematically Legion is much closer to W3 than probably any other expansion (maybe tied with WotLK).
    But as for the game, Legion is just so far removed from anything that made Vanilla what it was, it shouldn't even be considered related as a game.

As for why the game declined in popularity... that's a whole can of worms better left for another thread.
    You understand that when I say franchise, I mean Warcraft, and not simply World of Warcraft, yes?

Think about where we left off in Warcraft 3. The Legion's latest invasion plan had been foiled (Warcraft 3 base), and Ner'zhul had finally slipped the bonds of his Legion masters and established his own power base. Vanilla WoW was basically the calm before the storm, as the world settled back into relative normality. Once this was done, the powers that be decided to go pick on one of the players who chose the wrong side (for whatever reason) in the fight against the Legion, who also had been building up his power base. I'm sure the space goats showing up had something to do with the overall decision to go after Illidan.

After all that nonsense, Ner'zhul decides to make his move. So we gotta go deal with that. Fordring pulls off one of the most blantant examples of deus ex machina I've ever seen, and we win the day again. yay.

Then the evil insane elder dragon decides he hasn't been getting enough attention and decides to make his displeasure known (dragons, right?). This is, really, the first departure from the plot that WC3 started. I guess it works, but it felt pretty weak, and Cata still remains my least favorite xpac. I feel it gave the Old Gods way too much attention. Them occasionally showing up as a distraction in the form of C'thun and Yogg is cool and all, but this isn't a lovecraftian genre game. Old gods as bad guys just aren't as cool as demons.

And from there we go to.... panda land? What the fuck? This is where we get totally derailed. And in the end, it ends up being some more old god pawn bullshit.

Warlord's was essentially a reboot of the story after that. It's pretty obvious that they decided they screwed up their plot lines and they needed to get back to the type of story that the franchise was founded on. So what do you do? You bring back Gul'dan, Thrall's dad and mom, and Grom. You wink and explain it all away as wibbly wobbly timey whimey stuff, and start telling the kind of story that made the franchise popular in the first place (and adding in the WoW version of the drow to boot). And it's fairly obvious that we're going to see Illidan back as well.

I actually like the way Legion is going. It feels like Warcraft again. Yeah, it's a little silly sometimes, and there's alot of homages, but it's still fun. If they pull off a killer story, alot of sins will be forgiven.

Now from a gameplay perspective.... I'm still out. I wasn't in beta, so I've only had since pre patch to react to all the changes. Some I like, some I don't. Largely my approval depends on whether or not they can make good on eliminating long content droughts. If they can pull that off, then that earns alot of goodwill. because running world quests on my 17th alt 2 years from now is not going to make me a happy camper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    From your posts I've seen MMO's seem to not be your genre of games.
    They are my genre. Or at least partially. They're a decent timesink for when I've finished up all the other games I'm interested in and I enjoy the feeling of progression to an extent.

God did WoD spoil people this much? I'm glad I skipped that expansion then xD
    Nope, it was a good xpac, really enjoyed it. a couple of months unsubbed playing another games but was ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    Anyone who didn't like Mists wouldn't like Legion. They are very similar. Just sayin.
    The only reason most ppl did not like mists was pandas, or they are racist against the Chinese. Thats it pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    The worst is when people say "that's hilarious" and don't even smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with you there.
    That's fine, but I'm gonna have to disagree with you. More proper dailies, less bar filling WoD/Guild Wars crap I say!
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

God did WoD spoil people this much? I'm glad I skipped that expansion then xD
    I'd Love to say they were all trolling, but statistically I think a few of them were actually serious lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Metzen only really worked on Overwatch, nothing else made by Blizzard. He voice acted Thrall and that was about it for his influence outside of the Overwatch team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    Metzen only really worked on Overwatch, nothing else made by Blizzard. He voice acted Thrall and that was about it for his influence outside of the Overwatch team.
    Ah yes he has been working on Overwatch for the past 20 years.