Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    One officer tased him as the other one, the woman cop, shot him. So if she was reacting to him being tased, she's going to jail for the rest of her life.
    Likely jail. Not likely for the rest of her life. This isn't premeditated murder. Most likely be filed under manalaughter due to the circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Eh, paid vacation at worst. Calling it now.
    And a desk job when she gets back.

INB4 the "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" people start posting.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Title of the article (and thread) is misleading. He did not have his hands up when he was shot and from the chopper footage, seems to be reaching into his SUV.

How was he reaching into his car when the door was shut and the window was rolled up? You can see the blood dripping down the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Site doesnt show a video to me but if they truely shot him with his hands straight up then ya its a bad shooting and they need to be charged. also @op no need to post race
    Kinda do when there are a lot of people on this site that are dogging people like Colin Kaepernick for his protest of police violence against unarmed black people. This is the reason for the protest. There is absolutely ZERO reason for the shooting. Not only was one guy tasering him, but there was 4 officers and a chopper called in for an abandoned vehicle. It wasn't because the guy was outrunning the original officer, it was for an abandoned vehicle. Which begs the question, why did she have her gun pulled on him in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    Over exposure eventually desensitizes.

While certain kinds of behavior may reinforce a feeling of belonging to a group, is it *really* productive to tell an international forum, focused on gaming, every single god damned time police in the US do something that at least appears over the top (and often proves to have been so)?

A measure of becoming desensitized is when I start hoping we can get a consolidated mega thread for something. Can we get a mega thread for "US Police ... again"?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    “I’m going to tell you right now, there was no gun on the suspect or in the suspect’s vehicle,” Police Chief Chuck Jordan said at a press conference Monday afternoon. “I want to assure our community and I want to assure all of you and people across the nation watching this: We will achieve justice.”

Interesting quote from the Chief. It reads kind of aggressively, like he knows one of his officers royally fucked up.
    cause in every case they try to get the Chief fired and a lot of times these movements are successful one way or another (threats).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Over exposure eventually desensitizes.

While certain kinds of behavior may reinforce a feeling of belonging to a group, is it *really* productive to tell an international forum, focused on gaming, every single god damned time police in the US do something that at least appears over the top (and often proves to have been so)?

A measure of becoming desensitized is when I start hoping we can get a consolidated mega thread for something. Can we get a mega thread for "US Police ... again"?
    or under exposure creates high sensitivity when it comes to things that are very natural.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Likely jail. Not likely for the rest of her life. This isn't premeditated murder. Most likely be filed under manalaughter due to the circumstances.
    so 2-3 years maybe? with good behavior

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The first officer, as I mentioned, was a woman. She was probably scared shitless. He was a big guy and if she missed, the taser malfunctioned or had little effect, her life would be in peril.
    Don't be a police officer if you're going to kill someone over being afraid of doing your job.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And a desk job when she gets back.

INB4 the "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" people start posting.
    or before the racist white hating pacox gets his two cents in... damn too late

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post

How was he reaching into his car when the door was shut and the window was rolled up? You can see the blood dripping down the window.
    "Seems to be" doesn't mean is. I can't be bothered with slowing down a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Don't be a police officer if you're going to kill someone over being afraid of doing your job.
    is their job really to fight people that dont want to be arrested? so you want fighters, but not killers... hmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Always nice to see my town in the news :-/

Just more proof our cops need vastly improved training. I agree that you shouldn't ignore what cops are telling you and should do your level best to comply, but I also think fucking shooting people should be pretty far down on the list of potential responses when a cop feels threatened.

When the National Guard has been called in to keep order, soldiers aren't blasting people left and right yet are under the same "they might have a gun and shoot me!" stresses. Why don't they? Training. Also, better oversight. If a soldier shoots someone and doesn't have a completely rock-solid reason for doing so you can bet your ass he's going to be spending quality time at Leavenworth.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Kinda do when there are a lot of people on this site that are dogging people like Colin Kaepernick for his protest of police violence against unarmed black people. This is the reason for the protest. There is absolutely ZERO reason for the shooting. Not only was one guy tasering him, but there was 4 officers and a chopper called in for an abandoned vehicle. It wasn't because the guy was outrunning the original officer, it was for an abandoned vehicle. Which begs the question, why did she have her gun pulled on him in the first place?
    Stats prove that whites are more at the mercy of cops violence and that of blacks... But that is neither here or there still didnt need to post race.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    is their job really to fight people that dont want to be arrested? so you want fighters, but not killers... hmm
    What it really means is that being a small female officer isn't grounds to use lethal force just because your suspect is x3 your size. In a fight she'd be at a huge disadvantage of course but that isn't a free pass to shoot. So far it does seem like she was scared shitless and shot on accident

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is. It's the police job to detain and apprehend and they have the non-lethal tools to do that. Lethal force is the last resort to competent cops.

The police are enforcers of the law, not the arbiters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. My issue isn't that a cop might be scared of being killed in the line of duty, my issue is that people like that should not be cops.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. My issue isn't that a cop might be scared of being killed in the line of duty, my issue is that people like that should not be cops.
    Oh it's perfectly fine to be scared, in my opinion. But only if you are actually brave enough to face those fears instead of just panicking and killing.

send her to jail and fire the other 3 for not trying to give the guy first aid.

10+ Year Old Account
    lethal force is for when your life is being threatened. Merely disobeying is NOT life threatening... -_-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    send her to jail and fire the other 3 for not trying to give the guy first aid.
    She'll be punished, but I doubt non-medical professionals have a significant first-aid mandate. If anything that would be exposing them to more liability.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-09-20 at 03:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    or before the racist white hating pacox gets his two cents in... damn too late
    Lies don't become truths just because they're in writing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive