Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Any race would make sense to be paladins. Does the light discriminate against races? Almost any race can be a priest.

I wonder if we will get a future expansion that focuses more on races, in a similar way to how this expansion focuses on classes. Would be AMAZING for world building and solidifying the factions, bringing in new characters and fleshing out the world...

Then perhaps adding flavour to all the classes through spell animations and such that represent their races, in which case night elf paladins could be moon knights with bluish tints, blood elven blood knights could have red tints and blood elfish things, tauren getting sun themed abilities and what not along with their respective priest classes getting a similar treatment.

I really loved how priests originally had their own unique spells depending on what race they were, id love to see that come back in some form but in a balanced way, so just visuals instead of actual gameplay, as that would be impossible to balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Any race would make sense to be paladins. Does the light discriminate against races? Almost any race can be a priest.
    inc orcadins!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Troll paladins are not that far off .....

Go to the Throne of Thunder raid, there are Zandalari Prelates that are using paladin abilities.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927/zan...late#abilities
    oh god id race change to a zandalari paladin in a heartbeat!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Because they had Tauren that weren't Warriors that also also worship An'she? I mean if you have trouble understanding the simple concept of Tauren Priests/Paladins I'm not sure how i can explain it in any simpler way for you without doing a crayon picture.
    In the lore they draw their power from the sun which is a natural source not divine. How is that a priest or paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    Tauren Paladins make sense, they have enough lore behind them now.

If you want to hate on a race/class combo, look at Gnome Priests. I don't think Blizzard even bothered coming up with a lore reason for that aberration.
    wasnt it supposed to be some titan creation = light sort of thing? seems they abandoned that

Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    At least Night Elf Paladins would make more sense than Tauren paladins.
    Literally every race would make more sense than Tauren for paladins.
    Gnome paladins wouldn't make sense. TBH, any class + gnome doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    In the lore they draw their power from the sun which is a natural source not divine. How is that a priest or paladin?
    they are really sun druids arent they, i think the school of magic is nature (assuming sun magic is nature and not fire or light)
    Religiously they are druids, functionally they are paladins, i guess like orc mages being fire/frost shaman but functionally being mages

Deleted
    Undead and Nelf Paladins please

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Undead Paladins before anything else.
    Undead Paladins make absolutely no sense. The only class combination which makes even less sense is Undead Druids.

The first is because an undead would rather turn to ash on a fire than be subjected to light.

Second because nature can not be used by those who are undead.

A free will undead Paladin, being a vessel of the light would essentially end up like this. The undead would curl up on the floor in agony, screaming and pleading to be killed, since being a conduit of the light is like being kicked in the balls while on fire and having acid poured on you all at the same time for an undead.

7+ Year Old Account
    the spiritwalkers, back on warcraft 3 are more Priest related than Shamans, the game also related they as "priest" not "shaman" i dont know why blizz only allow then on cata

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    The Troll Priests believe in the Loa. They have nothing to do with the Light and therein Paladins. The Light is an Alliance thing, you have a majority of Shamans.
    Maybe they'll make undead shamans then. With their totems being tombstones or something.
    (Note: I am not being serious :P)
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    They'd have to give their spells a blueish light effect instead of that golden one (they won't do that) and maybe rename some of the abilities (they won't do that either). But overall it is fitting that Nighelves can be something akin to Paladins.

Actually Elune did create the Naaru(that's just a theory even in the lore) so I would rather go with Elune beeing a Titan herself.
    To be honest, that's what I wished they had done with the Tauren with the whole "sun druid" thing. Keep the spells the same but rename them and change the animations somewhat, so instead of 'crusader strike' it's 'solar strike' for example. Would be way more fitting with the lore if they did it that way, IMO, though the inclusion of them as paladins way back when was cockamamie to begin with.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Because the sun/An'she shares parallels with the "light" and they are priests/Paladins for Gameplay Mechanics, in Lore they are Sun Walkers/Druids. Blizzard just gives them the Paladin kit since changing all their spells to be like "Sun Strike" instead of Crusader Strike would just be waste development time. Since if you did it for Sunwalkers you would need to have class specific spells for basically every Race/Class Combo, since in lore Human Priests and Troll Priests are very different yet use the same abilities as eachother ingame just for a simpler game interaction.

Imagine reading a Paladin Guide where you had to have abbreviations for 5 different names for the same ability versus just saying Crusader Strike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Wrong, the reason they were able to was pretty obvious - they follow the "light" like Humans and Dreanei do - they just didn't know it, and it's the same with Night Elves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT2oTuAnsUo
    We're talking of lore which was tailored to somehow make Tauren Paladins possible.

Night Elf Paladins should only be a thing if Blizzard gives Paladin's new spell effect colors. I feel the wielding the light has a more sun theme to it than moon (thus the Sunwalkers) and that if there were to be Night Elf Paladins that their spells should be Silver/Gray rather than Yellow/Gold to represent the power of Elune. Also I would love shadow Paladins, maybe then Forsaken Paladins could be a thing. Either way, I see this as adding something like Green Fire is to Warlocks but the colors would be race specific in this case.

Night Elves worship the Moon, and get Light powers (see Priest). Tauren worship the Sun, and get Light powers (see Sunwalkers). The Light is viewed through a cultural lens, but it's still the same Light.

I raged on the forums the first time Paladins were introduced to the Horde (and elves, for that matter, which was even worse). Blood Elf Paladins, what an abomination! Blizzard was completely ruining the lore, just so they could balance faction population!!

And it was forced...so now there were these "Naaru" who you could just drain of the Light? Laaaame! But they stuck with it, developed it, and it became interesting. A sort of reversed corruption: mess with the powers of the Light, and you might find yourself redeemed

Anyways, bottomline: lore is always evolving.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    In the Army of the light it is said that all the enlightened races came together to vanquish the darkness.
    This implies that every single race is going to get priest and paladin as a class in the future, Legion is basically just a building brick for the next two expansions which most likely will be Azshara / Old Gods and then Argus once the Exodar is fully repaired.

Yes please. Should have been introduced along with Gnome Hunters, to be honest.

Art by draken4o

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd love night elf Paladins. They're my second favourite race, giving them my favourite class would be awesome and makes sense as far as lore is concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Undead Paladins make absolutely no sense.
    They make perfect, awesome sense. It wouldn't take an enormous leap of creativity to justify them.