Thread: Alcaz island?

Alcaz island?

So seem like in 7.1 we get to this island once again any spoiler? is that connected with the legion?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    If I remember rightly was part of the brood of noz quest chain in vanilla wow, that was absolute deadly, least I think it's that zone, by time cata came along it had sunk

- - - Updated - - -

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Alcaz_Island

7+ Year Old Account
    Alcaz Island is place where naga kept double Varians. Where u get info what we will go there in 7.1?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Alcaz Island is place where naga kept double Varians. Where u get info what we will go there in 7.1?
    Front Page some News ago from a developer Q&A.

So there were Nagas...directing to Azshara probably...I still believe she could be the final boss.

New World Event Area"
    -Return to Alcaz Isle – Dr. Weavil and the Drudge Gnomes
    -Get to the bottom of Dr. Weavil’s insidious plans on Alcaz Isle.
    Rewards include the Big Red Ray toy for everyone and tamable mechanical spiders for Hunters.

From 7.1 Patch Notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

the varian part was kind of scraped and swiftly removed since the island was used for a part of scepter quest chain.

Anyway anyone on the ptr to give some spoiler? seem strange that blizzard go there and made a scenario just to give a toy and few mechanical tamable beasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Rewards include the Big Red Ray toy for everyone
    Sounds like a dildo.

Deleted
    Alcaz islands still gives me shivers after 12 years, for it being part of the shifting sands questchain and ebcause i went there at lvl 40 or so on my first character in wow and got brutally killed by the elites :/

Deleted
    I remember being mindcontrolled for 10 minutes or so by Dr. Weavil.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Alcaz islands still gives me shivers after 12 years, for it being part of the shifting sands questchain and ebcause i went there at lvl 40 or so on my first character in wow and got brutally killed by the elites :/
    I remember trying to see the model of the king at about the same level and just being brutalised.

I had fond memories of brutal elite-heavy areas until I tried some of the later Suramar quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Same! I was about 40, just got my normal mount and decided to go into horde territory with my guild. After we sacked Xroads, we got forced south, ran through booty bay and ended up running the coast. We detoured through the water and ended up on the shores....we had no idea about the Naga.

I'll never forget, we all rushed the center of the island, guildies getting dismounted and cut down in mass. Me and a few others dove into the pit and stumbled upon KING VARIAN!!!! Being the lore nerd I was, I literally got goosebumps.

Years later I returned to the island to do the scepter quest for the AQ opening. That was one of the few cases in game where I truly felt like I had powered up. The Naga that killed me so easily before, were now being farmed by myself and some of the same guildies who ventured onto the island with me the first time.

Ahhh good vanilla times.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    the varian part was kind of scraped and swiftly removed since the island was used for a part of scepter quest chain.
    Maybe in game but in comics its still was Alcaz.

Anyway anyone on the ptr to give some spoiler? seem strange that blizzard go there and made a scenario just to give a toy and few mechanical tamable beasts.
    Its stupid but - maybe there was 3 Varians? xD