Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly no I jumped on the gold train too late into WoD and could only be fucked to manage one gold factory garrison. Had I known about it earlier and set all 11 garrisons up I'd be filthy rich and rolling through Dal on that spider right now. I made out with 600k at the end and splurged on the 100k Yak mount for its utility... and even then that was hard for me to do since it's a big chunk of money gone. Don't plan on spending anymore than 50k~ for a loooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    While this is true, and they even do this, for example with the BMAH, it doesn't mean they shouldn't employ something like the spider mount, or that it won't work in concert with other measures.
    I am not saying the spider mount is bad, but rather the way it has entered the game and its cost is ridiculous. We all know down the same mount model with a different color scheme will be released and will be much easier to get than throwing away two million gold if you missed out on the gold mine Garrisons.

I'm about 150k short right now, but I'm not sure if I want to whisk away all my capital for a silly spider

Yes, I have purchased it.

Let me be honest, there isn't much to do with millions of gold, even after buying one I had enough to do it again. I purchased tokens through March/April next year and will again if they dive below 30k US else I figure its about that time in patch cycles that we find out if we will be starving for content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    I bought it today morning on outland EU, and after a day of playing I can tell you, that there are 3 types of persons that react to this mount:

1. The ones who ask where I got it from and how much it did cost.
    2. The ones who say how cool it is... like "wow dude, nice mount..."
    3. The ones who insult me straight away, without me doing anything at all, like: "such an idiot, spending 2m on a mount" or "is that the only thing you can do, buying mounts? fucking low life moron"

Quite entertaining :-)

basically that is what its like
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Gold is far more valuable now than it was in WoD, I'm keeping my gold for useful things - not pretty things given it is way harder to replace now.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Gold is far more valuable now than it was in WoD, I'm keeping my gold for useful things - not pretty things given it is way harder to replace now.
    what is useful? The first two to four weeks is when the smart player exploits the raiders and wanna be raiders by dumping all the mats they can on AH plus every boe of value. Within a few months many mats will be half if not an eight of their current value
    iMac

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    what is useful?
    Stuff that if not purchased would hinder my enjoyment of the game in other ways.

Currently - mats, in WoD I had alts to do all that - Legion makes alts a little more complex, so gold is a good substitute.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    No, because its ugly, useless and a huge waste of money. It would be half my gold for one ugly mount that does not even have any useful extras...

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Stuff that if not purchased would hinder my enjoyment of the game in other ways.

Currently - mats, in WoD I had alts to do all that - Legion makes alts a little more complex, so gold is a good substitute.
    Well right now mats are for selling and raking in the gold for all those who want to be first, or think they are elite raiders. I figure I will worry about my own mats in a month or two when the prices just dive. Even after buying a spider I still cannot find anything to spend it on other than an xmog addiction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    No, because its ugly, useless and a huge waste of money. It would be half my gold for one ugly mount that does not even have any useful extras...
    well let us be honest here, there ain't jack to do with four that I cannot do with two million. I mean, you can only buy so many free months
    iMac

what is useful? The first two to four weeks is when the smart player exploits the raiders and wanna be raiders by dumping all the mats they can on AH plus every boe of value. Within a few months many mats will be half if not an eight of their current value
    I made so much gold at the end of WoD I was actually burnt out by the time Legion came around...

Went from 3.5M at the beginning of prepatch to 7.25M with a ton of pets + 2 years of wow time by the time Legion dropped. @_@
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Lets see, a mount that cost 2.5mil, doesn't fly to my knowledge, you can not fight while mounted on it, its not really all that cool looking, only reason for it is to say hey everyone I spent a ton of amount of my time doing 10+ garrison mission to farm a ton of gold to waste on a mount. The second flying is implemented you will only see this mount out when people are jerking it in town. So even if I had that much gold or more gold than I knew what to do with, I still would never ever buy that mount.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Of course i did. Gotta use this garrison gold, anyway.

I just spent a couple hundred k on some gear to fill in some weak spots / adjust some stats before raid ... still have to finalize gems/enchants and buy food/potions/flasks/etc.

If I bought the mount now I'd probably still have enough cushion to get maybe one more crafted piece up to 850 while still having enough for raid mats and time tokens for foreseeable future, but that assumes I won't be needing to keep up with crafting anytime too soon, depending of course on luck with drops and how many carry runs we're able to sell now that the Garrison gold factory has shut down.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

There are a lot of salty people here on this thread!

I bought it. I had the gold. Spiders are awesome and I get to freak out Arachnophobes. Plus the mount's animations are awesome.
    I had nothing else to spend the gold on, I own most of the TCGs apart from the rare few that appear once in a blue moon. I don't buy gear because it's a waste of gold and becomes obsolete pretty fast.
    The BMAH is a no-go now to me with the 10mil gold cap and guilds that sold M Archimonde having a surplus of gold. The only mounts I need off the BMAH go for a lot anyway.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

I have no problem with those who buy the mount. Only way to win this game is to have fun.

My personal taste in mounts has more to do with how the mount matches the toon than whether it's rare or cool-looking in and of itself. Saw a paladin on the spider and kind of thought that was strange, but I was raised "If you can't say something nice..." and besides that's his toon, not mine.

IF I was going to buy the mount, it would probably be for a DH or warlock, maybe a rogue. Something creepy. Mounts are like transmog, part of your overall character image.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post

IF I was going to buy the mount, it would probably be for a DH or warlock, maybe a rogue. Something creepy. Mounts are like transmog, part of your overall character image.
    Well my Pally has the Ward of the Red Widow and her transmog is all Inferno Tempered style (dark dark gray with red high lights) so it kind of works. My priest is pulling a Whiteman transmog so spiders are just fine for the Scarlet types. As for the rest, moose but then again locks can ride spiders.

Considering the FOver they did with druid travel forms I use the spider when in druid class area
    iMac

Well my Pally has the Ward of the Red Widow and her transmog is all Inferno Tempered style (dark dark gray with red high lights) so it kind of works. My priest is pulling a Whiteman transmog so spiders are just fine for the Scarlet types. As for the rest, moose but then again locks can ride spiders.

Considering the FOver they did with druid travel forms I use the spider when in druid class area
    Hey as long as it works for your character concept, that's what matters. Not what others think. Kind of like tattoos in real life. Doesn't matter if others like it; what matters is that you're happy with it.

Also, my best running mate in-game is one of those who just enjoys having the newest coolest looking pets and mounts. The way I look at things doesn't even occur to him. But he's a great guy, really good dps, and the first person I look for when I log in. So I wasn't judging at all, just stating how I look at it for my toons.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I would but I still haven't seen the vendor and I have too much to do to spend hours camping it in Dala.

Deleted
    No. I only have a little over 2M (didn't do much in Garrisons last addon, was kinda boring), and won't spend that much for a mount. Especially since I use the gold for the tokens.

Deleted
    No... was spending about 800k for raidready-gear and stuff. ><